Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Rules of the Internet -VS- Rules of Armor Games

Posted Apr 5, '13 at 5:47pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

17,700 posts

Knight

Rule whatever: Gantic is and will be the only one who makes 'Bad with _ame(s)' threads.

Posted Apr 5, '13 at 11:54pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,517 posts

I still think Rule 10 encourages spam and should be altered.

Spam is posting that is irrelevant to a thread or an advertisement. Users (especially GMs) will occasionally say something along the lines of "Reply with 'This sounds excellent' to prove you read them" in their rules to see if players actually paid attention. The "Reply with 'I love Armor Games' to prove you've read this" doesn't encourage spam. It encourages participation, and everyone would only be able to say it one time. I've seen the strategy used before and have used it myself. I think it's safe to say that it's not going to encourage spam, because after 23 pages, only ONE PERSON ever said "I love Armor Games!"

Hey hey hey hey now...book. Not movie. The book came first..and is an excellent read

Oh, ok. Understood.

I told you..Sal-bot..or Android Sal
Actually..I brought him back to life......with death

...yeah, no. Sorry. Not convinced.

Oh..and rule 7 (not the sub-rules) is our "untrue" rule..so there!

"There are no real rules about posting" is more of a reverse psychology thing. People (newbies usually) will occasionally post without reading ahead or even checking the rules. This is their universal excuse for not doing so, which makes the rule more amusing, especially since the 7-1 informs you that there ARE rules about posting. It's a "rule" in the sense that it is a faulty excuse that needs to be addressed.

Rule whatever: Gantic is and will be the only one who makes 'Bad with _ame(s)' threads.

Hm. Maybe. It sounds more like a sub-rule than an actual rule, though. Got a suggested spot? Maybe 60-2? No...hmm.

Posted Apr 6, '13 at 12:07am

R2D21999

R2D21999

17,700 posts

Knight

Maybe 60-2?

60-2 yeah.

Posted Apr 6, '13 at 4:43pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

8,071 posts

*has read just about everything* Pwfgah. That's a lot of new pages and stuffs.
Two things: I love ArmorGames. There you go, now two people said it.
And the other: Rule something: If it's an MMO, there will be advertisements of it on the sides of your game.
(or at least there are advertisements all over EE, I can't say for some other games.)
Whee.

Posted Apr 6, '13 at 9:58pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,003 posts

because after 23 pages, only ONE PERSON ever said "I love Armor Games!"

Don't worry..I've always noticed the rule..I just don't play by da rules

...yeah, no. Sorry. Not convinced.

Sal-bot..attack!

Posted Apr 6, '13 at 10:03pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

17,700 posts

Knight

only ONE PERSON ever said "I love Armor Games!"

I said it. Just not here. On another website.

Posted Apr 6, '13 at 10:41pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,517 posts

Oh, ok. Anyway. I'll think about the 60-2 Rule, but I'm waiting to hear back from Ferret, although I hate being patient. haha. It's good for you.

And the other: Rule something: If it's an MMO, there will be advertisements of it on the sides of your game.
(or at least there are advertisements all over EE, I can't say for some other games.)

1. I'm only doing 64 Rules and I am pretty satisfied with them. If you want to make a change, you need to say which rule could be replaced. Stop saying it"Rule something" or "Rule whatever," because I'm not going to just pick a random rule to replace.

2. What is EE? Anyway, I'm not sure that's an actual rule. However, I don't think Armor Games can get rid of them, or is allowed to (being sponsored, maybe?) so maybe we could have a rule stating that they aren't going away so deal with it.

Posted Apr 6, '13 at 10:49pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

17,700 posts

Knight

What is EE?

Bam! That's the only way to get to ee that link, you won't find it anywhere on here.

I'm only doing 64 Rules

Why 64? Does 64 mean something?

Posted Apr 6, '13 at 11:39pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Sal-bot..attack!

rawr

I'm only doing 64 Rules

...Or you could just make the Strip rule higher.

Posted Apr 7, '13 at 3:40pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

8,071 posts

I know, yoy've said that a bazillion times, but that was a suggestion, not a "please take this rule and make it magical."
Also, other people, he's said he's going to make 64 rules a lot, so I don't think it'll be changed. :P
And R2, check your grammar, silly, because that sentence of yours is confusing.

Reply to Rules of the Internet -VS- Rules of Armor Games

You must be logged in to post a reply!