Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Rules of the Internet -VS- Rules of Armor Games

Posted Apr 16, '13 at 8:05pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,610 posts

wait, why am I in special thanks? I don't remember contributing...

You asked a question on Page 3. I don't know if you did anything else. The question wasn't really a contribution, though...

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 3:13pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,610 posts

I'm adding an addition to Rule 47 because I'm getting really annoyed with people who can't understand how "friending" works.

Rule 47: Being "friended" on Armor Games is not as important as you think it is.
Rule 47-1: Do NOT make a new Thread asking how to do so.

Comments? I'm pretty sure we need a rule about this one. I see a new Thread every other day called "How do I friend people?!?"

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 3:47pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

Comments? I'm pretty sure we need a rule about this one. I see a new Thread every other day called "How do I friend people?!?"

Addendum, Rule 47-2: What quality of friends do you expect to make by asking random people to add you?

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 3:51pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,108 posts

Addendum, Rule 47-2: What quality of friends do you expect to make by asking random people to add you?

Yes yes yes and more yes

Did I mention yes?

Add them both. Nao

And maybe a third one...?

Rule 47-4: Maybe you should try actually chatting with a person before friending them?

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 4:11pm

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,946 posts

Rule 47-5: Or maybe not.

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 9:11pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

8,266 posts

XD
Rule 47-6: You see that button that says 'Add Friend?'
I don't think that's a good rule. Modify it to your own ends or don't use it, I don't care :3

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 9:12pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,610 posts

Wow, that got a lot of feedback. Why didn't anyone come up with this sooner?? Also, pang, what's with "47-4?" I think you skipped a number. And Gandalf.

Okay, this is popular. However, we can't let them stack up or get repetitive/redundant. Here's a 1.0

Rule 47: Being "friended" on Armor Games is not as important as you think it is.
Rule 47-1: "Friending" is not complicated. Do NOT make a new Thread asking how to do so.
Rule 47-2: "Friending" random people will not make you popular.
Rule 47-3: Maybe you could actually talk to a person before "friending" them. That would be nice.

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 9:16pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

8,266 posts

See, though, if someone doesn't know how to "friend" someone, then 47-1 is just annoying. Not that it's not obvious. *cough, giant button at the top of a profile, cough*
Maybe change it around a little?

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 9:53pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,108 posts

Also, pang, what's with "47-4?" I think you skipped a number.

No..I'm just not getting along with (4 - 1)..so he doesn't receive recognition until he is out of time-out

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 10:43pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,610 posts

See, though, if someone doesn't know how to "friend" someone, then 47-1 is just annoying. Not that it's not obvious. *cough, giant button at the top of a profile, cough*
Maybe change it around a little?

True. But it does need to say "Do not make a new Thread" at some point. And yeah, there is the issue of there being a giant "ADD FRIEND" button on everyone's profile. I can take out the "Friending is not complicated" part. Not sure how to word one about the giant Friend button without sounding too harsh.

No..I'm just not getting along with (4 - 1)..so he doesn't receive recognition until he is out of time-out

I would appreciate if you explained WHY he is in time-out.

Reply to Rules of the Internet -VS- Rules of Armor Games

You must be logged in to post a reply!