ForumsThe TavernRules of the Internet -VS- Rules of Armor Games

354 49973
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

Are you familiar with the Rules of the Internet? There are 100 of them (most are irrelevent and/or disgusting) but a few are well-known. Feel free to look up the whole set on Urban Dictionary (shame on you), but in the interest of fairness I think we should have a set of Rules for Armor Games.

A few well-known (or generally agreed on) Internet rules are:
1. Do not talk about /b/
2. Do NOT talk about /b/
3. We are Anonymous.
--
8. There are no real rules about posting.
9. There are no real rules about moderation either â" enjoy your ban.
--
11. You must have pictures to prove your statement.
12. Lurk moar - it's never enough.
--
14. Do not argue with a troll - it means that they win.
--
16. There are NO girls on the internet.
--
31. CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.
32. EVEN WITH CRUISE CONTROL YOU STILL HAVE TO STEER.
--
34. (You already know Rule 34)
35. If no (Rule 34) is found, it will be created.
--
49. The internet makes you stupid.
50. Anything can be a meme.
--
62. The internet is SERIOUS FREAKIN' BUSINESS.

The "Rule of the Internet" are also up for discussion. So. "Rules of Armor Games" anyone?

• 354 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,229 posts

I like how death is not offensive. Regardless, I can't make that a rule because it's not true. I think. But as long as Sal is posting, it's not a rule.

Who says you can't make an untrue rule? Furthermore, how do you know I'm not a ghost? >
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

Who says you can't make an untrue rule? Furthermore, how do you know I'm not a ghost? >

Me! haha. Well the rest of them are true. It seems kind of lazy to make one that isn't. And I don't know if you're not a ghost. I hope you aren't, though.
Kasic
Kasic
5,602 posts

Furthermore, how do you know I'm not a ghost? >

Ghosts can't type, as their fingers would go through the keyboard. Any poltergeist actions would destroy the keyboard or create a post similar to this.

ahgaiehfapjfIJAfwkanvk/[rpfn/m

Comments?

I still think Rule 10 encourages spam and should be altered.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,229 posts

Rule 7 is a bit misleading and it's kind of threatening.

Ghosts can't type, as their fingers would go through the keyboard. Any poltergeist actions would destroy the keyboard or create a post similar to this.

ahgaiehfapjfIJAfwkanvk/[rpfn/m

Dat logic. I have no excuse haha.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

Unless that's a vile, R-rated movie that kids might somehow look up and watch and then tell their parents, who will blame Armor Games.

Hey hey hey hey now...book. Not movie. The book came first..and is an excellent read

because no one talks about Dan McNeely, ever, at all.

Looks like I have a new agenda

So guys..how about that Dan fella?

I like how death is not offensive.

Why would it be?

Regardless, I can't make that a rule because it's not true. I think. But as long as Sal is posting, it's not a rule.

I told you..Sal-bot..or Android Sal
Actually..I brought him back to life......with death

---

Oh..and rule 7 (not the sub-rules) is our "untrue" rule..so there!
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,136 posts

Rule whatever: Gantic is and will be the only one who makes 'Bad with _ame(s)' threads.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

I still think Rule 10 encourages spam and should be altered.

Spam is posting that is irrelevant to a thread or an advertisement. Users (especially GMs) will occasionally say something along the lines of "Reply with 'This sounds excellent' to prove you read them" in their rules to see if players actually paid attention. The "Reply with 'I love Armor Games' to prove you've read this" doesn't encourage spam. It encourages participation, and everyone would only be able to say it one time. I've seen the strategy used before and have used it myself. I think it's safe to say that it's not going to encourage spam, because after 23 pages, only ONE PERSON ever said "I love Armor Games!"

Hey hey hey hey now...book. Not movie. The book came first..and is an excellent read

Oh, ok. Understood.

I told you..Sal-bot..or Android Sal
Actually..I brought him back to life......with death

...yeah, no. Sorry. Not convinced.

Oh..and rule 7 (not the sub-rules) is our "untrue" rule..so there!

"There are no real rules about posting" is more of a reverse psychology thing. People (newbies usually) will occasionally post without reading ahead or even checking the rules. This is their universal excuse for not doing so, which makes the rule more amusing, especially since the 7-1 informs you that there ARE rules about posting. It's a "rule" in the sense that it is a faulty excuse that needs to be addressed.

Rule whatever: Gantic is and will be the only one who makes 'Bad with _ame(s)' threads.

Hm. Maybe. It sounds more like a sub-rule than an actual rule, though. Got a suggested spot? Maybe 60-2? No...hmm.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,136 posts

Maybe 60-2?

60-2 yeah.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,255 posts

*has read just about everything* Pwfgah. That's a lot of new pages and stuffs.
Two things: I love ArmorGames. There you go, now two people said it.
And the other: Rule something: If it's an MMO, there will be advertisements of it on the sides of your game.
(or at least there are advertisements all over EE, I can't say for some other games.)
Whee.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

because after 23 pages, only ONE PERSON ever said "I love Armor Games!"

Don't worry..I've always noticed the rule..I just don't play by da rules

...yeah, no. Sorry. Not convinced.

Sal-bot..attack!
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,136 posts

only ONE PERSON ever said "I love Armor Games!"

I said it. Just not here. On another website.
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

Oh, ok. Anyway. I'll think about the 60-2 Rule, but I'm waiting to hear back from Ferret, although I hate being patient. haha. It's good for you.

And the other: Rule something: If it's an MMO, there will be advertisements of it on the sides of your game.
(or at least there are advertisements all over EE, I can't say for some other games.)

1. I'm only doing 64 Rules and I am pretty satisfied with them. If you want to make a change, you need to say which rule could be replaced. Stop saying it"Rule something" or "Rule whatever," because I'm not going to just pick a random rule to replace.

2. What is EE? Anyway, I'm not sure that's an actual rule. However, I don't think Armor Games can get rid of them, or is allowed to (being sponsored, maybe?) so maybe we could have a rule stating that they aren't going away so deal with it.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,136 posts

What is EE?

Bam! That's the only way to get to ee that link, you won't find it anywhere on here.

I'm only doing 64 Rules

Why 64? Does 64 mean something?
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,229 posts

Sal-bot..attack!

rawr

I'm only doing 64 Rules

...Or you could just make the Strip rule higher.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,255 posts

I know, yoy've said that a bazillion times, but that was a suggestion, not a "please take this rule and make it magical."
Also, other people, he's said he's going to make 64 rules a lot, so I don't think it'll be changed. :P
And R2, check your grammar, silly, because that sentence of yours is confusing.

Showing 211-225 of 354