ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn the hard way?

84 18744
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I'm sure everyone has had a situation where you wish you didn't have to learn something the way you did.

Mine? When jumping off a roof, trampolines DO NOT bounce straight up and you WILL fall off the side and break your wrist.

• 84 Replies
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

I learn that you shouldn't pass chain letters and fall for it. Why? I got banned because of it!

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup learnt that it is not the best idea to try and confuse three girls named Mady....very bad things happen...

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

If you sit at the same spot almost every day after school with your friends, and one day the police are all standing around that spot, you should not still sit there.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

When you stab someone in the back with a glue bottle, run away.

SectoidMedic
SectoidMedic
165 posts
Peasant

sliding your hand across rough wood causes splinters

MrStealth
MrStealth
151 posts
Peasant

that when u throw stuff at someone make sure someone is wacthing for teachers

MrStealth
MrStealth
151 posts
Peasant

this was at school by the way

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

never anger a skunk by accident...i was young and thought it was a cat...

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

If you find someone talking behind your back, make it your first priority to get that out of the way.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Just yesterday, I learned that one of my female friends can take me down in under 2 seconds.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned that if I fall asleep in class, my friend will take out random watercolors and paint a gauntlet on my arm that will take forever to get off and turn my hands bright pink like I boiled them.

yourawesomeness
yourawesomeness
103 posts
Peasant

not to let my friend edit our social studies project. we did reenactments of major Civil War battles and in our video he put in subtitles from Lord of the Rings. he also put in an advertisement in the middle of our video. it was for something called "the Uro Club." it was a hollow golf club that you could unscrew the cap on and relieve yourself in. also when we had to present, the volume wasn't working. so we were watching Civil War battles with Lord of the Rings subtitles then an ad for a golf club you could take a leak in!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Bee stings can still hurt even after the bee has perished.

Albeit, I learned this when I was a little kid..but still

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Legos can make good land mines, especially for the unsuspecting and full-on sprinting bystander.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Didn't learn it today..but was reminded of it.

Having a tear, rip, etc. on your hand may not necessarily hurt...but it can be a huge nuisance in regular activities.

Showing 46-60 of 84