Forums

ForumsFlash Games

Will we ever see our blue elephant again?

Posted Mar 19, '13 at 9:29pm

blk2860

blk2860

10,660 posts

When I played This is the Only Level 4, and I saw the green walrus, I broke down on the floor and sobbed for 45 minutes consecutively. Will we ever see our blue elephant again? Or does John own it or something?

Posted Mar 19, '13 at 10:04pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,594 posts

From the TITOL4 description:

NOTE: We found the Green Walrus wandering around the iceland with no home. :( He needs some love so make sure to give him a warm welcome and help him find the next level!

Wait...

That's an updated description. There was an older description saying that John owns the Blue Elephant and left AG, so Tasselfoot and IriySoft couldn't use the Blue Elephant, so they used a Green Walrus instead. If that is the case, then the only way we will ever see Blue Elephant again on AG is if John somehow came back.

For now, think of the Green Walrus as the replacement for the Blue Elephant. Besides, as far as I know, none of the games with the Blue Elephant are deleted, so you can still play those.

Posted Mar 19, '13 at 10:15pm

blk2860

blk2860

10,660 posts

Why a walrus though? Why not use the velociraptor? Besides, wouldn't John own TiTOL, AU, and the other originally elephant games?

Posted Mar 19, '13 at 10:22pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,594 posts

Why a walrus though? Why not use the velociraptor?

I think Tasselfoot would be able to answer that.

Besides, wouldn't John own TiTOL, AU, and the other originally elephant games?

Apparently not, or he gave Tasselfoot and IriySoft permission to make TiTOL4 using something other than the Blue Elephant.

Posted Mar 19, '13 at 10:28pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

I could have sworn AG still owns John's characters. I think they used something different out of respect for the guy. It'd have been weird if AG continued to use the BE.

Posted Mar 19, '13 at 10:44pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,971 posts

Knight

Titol 4 totally destroyed my day... I cannot believe that Tasslefoot thinks that crummy walrus is a replacement for the Blue Elephant.

Not only that, but the game does not feel nor play the same as when John created it... It's missing the magic touch that John instilled in his games.

Posted Mar 19, '13 at 11:02pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

Besides, wouldn't John own TiTOL, AU, and the other originally elephant games?

They are AG titles, so AG owns them. I'm not sure about the elephant, but they can keep making sequels of John's popular AG games if they wanted.

As for the new TITOL, I don't mind it not being created by John, but I was a little confused when I first saw it.

Posted Mar 21, '13 at 2:06pm

Tasselfoot

Tasselfoot

277 posts

Administrator

The answer to all of your questions is complicated. Unfortunately, it's not something we're going to be able to share publicly at this time. Sorry. :(

Give green walrus a chance... he and I spent a lot of time together on the beach, drinking margarita's, trying to catch shrimp, looking at the scenery, discussing politics, solving puzzles, and getting existential now and again. He's a pretty good dude.

Posted Mar 26, '13 at 7:43am

Nerdsoft

Nerdsoft

1,213 posts

Is John also known as "jmbt02", or is that a different guy?

Posted Mar 26, '13 at 11:49am

Gantic

Gantic

9,769 posts

John is jmtb02, not jmbt02. An easy way to remember is that jmtb02 stands for "John mountain bike 2002". And yes, that's the same John that makes the blue elephant games.

Reply to Will we ever see our blue elephant again?

You must be logged in to post a reply!