ForumsWEPRWill people die with ease with anarchy in their country?

11 5426
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Will people die with ease with anarchy in their country? not all, but most. It's the worst thing will happen in this current civilization. pls. post comments

• 11 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by, "die with ease with anarchy in their country." Anarchy isn't a bunch of people suddenly turning psychotic and the fall of civilization, it's when there is no governing body.

Why are you saying that it's going to happen?

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

I think he means "will all hell break loose when people have no direction?" or "will people act lawless if laws are not enforced?".

Kant's summary:

A. Law and freedom without force (anarchy).
B. Law and force without freedom (despotism).
C. Force without freedom and law (barbarism).
D. Force with freedom and law (republic).

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

A. Law and freedom without force (anarchy).

laws in anarchy? =S
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

laws in anarchy? =S

The laws exist in that they may still be written or spoken, but they are only words without backing, more like guidelines.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

The laws exist in that they may still be written or spoken, but they are only words without backing, more like guidelines.

Perfect example: Fashion styles are anarchy (I will never understand what makes something more popular for ~1-2 years, then fade into mass obscurity.)
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i c.

at 1st i would think that: Freedom without force and law. would be anarchy.
but thats not completely true either.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

honestly, I wouldn't mind anarchy in the world so long as people don't automatically start killing each other. I learned a while ago that anarchy is possible through heavy privatization (anarcho capitalism). as long as people don't take it out of context, then you can more or less get into groups and hire people to do the same work as the government used to do. you could call it a mercenary government.

-Blade

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

so long as people don't automatically start killing each other.

Some would, but then there are the assumed laws of lawlessness, such as "you have the right to take my life/property, but I have the same equal right to take yours" that can prevent such actions. Like during a shortage crisis, some people might steal from another group, but in doing so, they are accepting the risk of the offended group's revenge.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

I belive that this is up to the peopels Unity and spirit. I want to belive that in Israel we will still be united as we are now. As much we not always agree with each other, our country is not based on "the govrnment feed us so we are happy", but more about "we have a country so we are happy". As we are no more than 70 years old, Israel still remmeber the time when we lived somewhat anarchy, at the very begining. And as we still Value self-leadership and Cooperation I belive that we will stick together and not fall to total Barbarism.
Sure, there will be the bad guys, and our problme is that we have enemies outside, but if it was Israel in a bubble, i belive we could make it and creat a "new" nation. In fact, i dont belive we will ever get into "Anarchy" {as the popular use of the word}. We still have something that stick us together.
I mean, we survived a Period of austerity and of constant Civil fighting.

The big question is, what about your countries? Will you stick together or will you creat the infamous 'Chieftanes' as described in So many Hollywood Movies?

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

what is anarchy? wikipedia to the rescue!

someone told me that anarchy is something where no rules exist so everyone can do whatever they want without any consequences or punishment.

Goldfish13
Goldfish13
16 posts
Nomad

I would argue that anarchy devalues human lives. People tend to put their own lives above others, and logically, its probable that mass murders and other unquestionably immoral acts will occur. Because they are inconsequential.

So yes, a large proportion of people will lose their lives - possibly the majority - in a anarchic system.

Side note: Usually what happens in a system of anarchy is that a small group of people band together and force others to bow down to their will. In other words, anarchies are unstable and don't last long - usually leading to a sort of tyranny rather than a completely no-government system.

Showing 1-11 of 11