ForumsWEPRWhich Way Is Which

20 5137
Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

Alright I am in some store and it is not to big, but it is not to small. My mom yells to me, "lets go". So I head for the automatic sliding doors and they do not open for me. I look up and just below eye level is a small transparent sticker on the glass and in size 18 font is said " DO NOT ENTER ". That is all it said, so I started to think, I am not entering the store I am exiting it, but I am entering the exit, but I am still exiting the store . . . not exiting it. So I am sitting there thinking when I see the fat lady in the skirt with the week-old-shaven legs with hair growing on them. She is ready to give me a scolding for standing in some incoming rich peoples way. So I go like half way back through the store to get around the resisters, carts, and a pile of disheveled merchandise. I finally get out and I wonder what I should have done; should I have entered the exit ( 'cause I was not entering like the sign said not to do I was exiting) ; or should I gone around, like I did ?

I want your opinion!
What should I have done ?
(please try to make your response a line or more, I will not read anything curt)

• 20 Replies
necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

Sorry, but I think this should be in the tavern.

I think the sign meant that you should not go through, that it was an entrance, not an exit, like you were going to use it for.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I am confused....the lady seems funny...

If you are exiting whe does it say Do Not Enter?

....?

KingRyan

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I think you should have walked through it anyway! I don't think anyone would be mad at you for doing it, but I guess the RIGHT thing to do, would be to go through the exit door.

Raistlin847
Raistlin847
270 posts
Nomad

but how is it a morally right thing to do, say if someone was coming through i guess it would be right to let them go through, but if not you may as well just go through. Also what store would make you go to a different part of the building just to leave, it would be such a nuissance. But yah, if someone was there I would probably wait and leave through after they've come through.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

This is tavern material.

Wow. I got pretty confused. Um. That is odd.

Yeah i would say that was good you went around.

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

But if the door said DO NOT EXIT on the entrance door then would you go in? Kinda scary when you think about it...

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

i know EXACTLY what you mean...I often take signs and what people say very literally too...sometimes just to annoy people and sometimes just to prove a point. I have often thought myself about your situation here. But I have come to the conclusion that I am exiting the store, not entering through the door, so whenever I am at a store, I go exit out of the entrance...

One day, one of the guys who worked at the store told me not to do that, and then I explained why and he just kinda stood there with a confused look on his face, I looked at him for a second and then just walked away...it made me laugh

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

I think it means do not enter the exit/the outside.

So all the store's doors are LIARS!

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

@ Skull zero ..... hahahahahha I love that !

@ Steevo15 I get that Not to "do" (as in a sexual connotation) that.

It belongs here 'cause it requires you to think about it; it is not mindless; people can bring their believes into this.

PLEASE DO NOT LOCK !

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

im confused...

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

Well in some stores they have an area for only entering and usually an area next to it for exiting, and I didn't notice this, so I was walking through the enter and the sliding doors didn't open for me either. So I didn't know and then I got yelled at.

I think you should have walked through it.

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

yea me to; but I did not

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

I seem to understand it....

turret
turret