ForumsPopular MediaDo you cry when you watch the Les Mis movie?

13 6719
HUA7XFan122396
HUA7XFan122396
80 posts
Jester

I cried all four times I saw it in theaters, and I just got it on DVD today because it came out today and I watched it twice and cried both times. I am also a 16 year old boy and I think it's okay to cry during sad movies/musical productions.

• 13 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I didn't cry which is unusual for me. I'm a huge softie when it comes to movies, and I even cried at the end if Inglorious *******s, which wasn't sad at all. Among that, I cried at the endings of Forrest Gump, The Dark Knight, Taken, To Kill A Mockingbird, about every Pixar movie, Inception and a hundred more.

I think it's okay to cry during sad movies/musical productions.

Agreeing there. ;D
KaiotakiBun
KaiotakiBun
36 posts
Nomad

Not sure, maybe got teary-eyed during the part of Eponine singing in the rain played Samantha Barks.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

No. While it is OK to cry I just never do. I don't see why it was so sad though. Then again I am just a Dalek.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I just feel like pointing out that I have never seen this movie, to add some contrast to all four of you people who have seen it.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I have never cried during a movie in my entire life and I've never been able to understand how anyone could. An emotional response like this just makes absolutely no sense to me.

I never saw the movie, but I have seen stage productions, so I at least get the gist of the story. Either way, I doubt it would have any sort of emotional effect on me, as movies almost never do.

I just feel like pointing out that I have never seen this movie, to add some contrast to all four of you people who have seen it.

That isn't exactly contrast, since the question wasn't "Did you watch the Les Mis Movie?" or anything along those lines.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I didn't cry but I almost fell asleep but when Russel sang I woke up scared. xD

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I didn't cry, but there were some heartfelt moments. I don't think a movie has made me cry since I was ~7 and that was Tarzan.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

What a ****ing boring, bloated, over-the-top cheesefest of a movie. Great movies make you cry because they have great emotional depth, not because every single element is calculated to elicit an emotional response. What an overrated crock of ****e.

I have never cried during a movie in my entire life and I've never been able to understand how anyone could. An emotional response like this just makes absolutely no sense to me.
You're the weird one, not the rest of the world. Ever seen a psychiatrist?
28 posts
Peasant

I haven't watched the movie yet but the day my sister finished the book she came running out of her room crying.

arfmaster
arfmaster
138 posts
Nomad

a bit teary-eyed on the raining scene where Eponine is singing.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Wow..that was unnecessarily harsh. He never stated that he found people weird for crying during a movie..he just stated that he can not understand why people do so
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I have, actually. He told me that rudeness can be a sign that one may lack a conscience, but not to worry because I'm not rude unless I'm dealing with other rude people or bad drivers. Then the billy club comes out.

I used to think I had a firmer grip on reality than those who cry in movies because I was able to cope with the fact that the characters in these movie are all fictional and the people playing them are over-dramatizing for dramatic recognition; they're not facing any real tragedy. Keep in mind this was also when I could still feel most emotions.

Whether or not I could feel them, however, fake emotional drama from movies never penetrated my hermetic bulwark of cynicism.
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

Oh hell yeah i cry. i love the play(movie sucked) and the soundtrack. I sometimes cry just LISTENING to the soundtrack.

Showing 1-13 of 13