ForumsWEPRMental Retardation

26 6906
EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

There's a lot of people who who have sufferd from brain injury and are now mentally impaired but do you think they will ever recover and some are even born mentally impaired.

What do you think will they recover from mental impaired to being normal.

• 26 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

It'd have to be an extra one, Xantos. You can't actually live without at least two chromosomes in some way or form.

MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

thank you for correcting me i was not positive which it was

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

yes this is a terrible fate to not be able to comprehend the world but God made them that way and has a plan for all of us including them and the things to fix it (an icepick labotamy) include inserting a surgical spike into the patients eye and taking a part of the brain which makes them even more impaired(anyone seen the X-Files episode unruhe[meaning unrest in german] come see me this is where I learned it) these surgeries are now banned in most states and this was invented during the 1890's I think and was first used in that time period many patients died several weeks later and some died during the surgical procedure many people wanted to hide their mentally handicapped child so they kept them in the house and then treated them with labotamy so just a little history lesson thanks for reading
PD

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

I would say they will never recover maybe.

MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

accordign to science there is no way to cur ethe problem yet may in teh near future maybe

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

hmm, using the term retardation is not politically correct here.
I think theres a chance people can recovery and with the progress in the health system, i think the chances of recovery are growing.

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

Well once your brain cells are dead they don't grow back. The brain isn't like the rest of your body...How it regenerates/heals itself. And I think it would depend on the severity. Because I know that you grow new synapses when you learn new things, so maybe if you were still able to learn you could recover to what society considers normal.

Hope I helped.

Snowman1474

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

True, hence I was using 'retardation' in the medical sense, but the more appropriate term for much of this discussion is 'impairment' or 'disability'.

Well once your brain cells are dead they don't grow back.

Well, more recently we've discovered that certain cell populations in the hippocampus actually do regenerate, so the rule isn't exactly as strong as it used to be.
EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

They got no hope that's all.

MrNiceGuy
MrNiceGuy
73 posts
Nomad

If a person actually got the labotomy, they would still have to learn everything over again, much like some other brain injuries. (and we all know how painfull school can be, imagine having to do it twice!):S

agasmhomie
agasmhomie
1 posts
Nomad

I work with severly mentally retarded people, most were born that way, but some came that way. One of them, his mother beat him until he became that way. Another, had one foot in the bathtub while drying her hair, she droped it in the bath, if she had both feet in.

There is no cure for it, and never be a caur, its the brain. Its not like tey cae take a peice of someone elses brain and BAM, your all beter. There will never be a cyre for it because the brain itself cant be repaired.

Showing 16-26 of 26