thugtastic

thugtastic

163 posts

Anyone on AG an avid paintballer?

Posted Mar 23, '13 at 10:59pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

I used to, but then I took a paintball to the knee (I'm sorry, but I just couldn't resist). I actually went a few times and had myself a good time. The prices are outrageous though.

Posted Mar 23, '13 at 11:03pm

thugtastic

thugtastic

163 posts

Yeah I agree. The place I go to charges 3-4 times more for the paint but it's really great.
I use a Tippmann A5 with a sniper barrel, stock, large tank, and scope.

Posted Mar 24, '13 at 3:05pm

sk8er

sk8er

7 posts

im a boss at paintball

Posted Mar 24, '13 at 4:55pm

thugtastic

thugtastic

163 posts

What marker do you use?

Posted Mar 24, '13 at 8:18pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

I've currently got a Tippmann Gryphon, but I'm saving up for a Dye DM13 and some i4s.

Posted Mar 25, '13 at 9:44pm

sk8er

sk8er

7 posts

dude nice gun! those babies r top dog!

Posted Mar 26, '13 at 1:25am

thugtastic

thugtastic

163 posts

My friends has an S6 and says it's great but it doesn't seem to be that reliable, any opinions?

Posted Mar 26, '13 at 6:48am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

I love paintball, but not enough to buy my own equipment. I like to make like I'm in the Matrix when I play paintball, so I tend to dodge paintballs and believe that doing flips and dives makes me completely unhittable xD This generally means when offered body armor, I don't wear it (what I do wear is the mask, and the cup.) To quote one host: "I've never seen anybody do a somersault dive through the window in a game before."

Also I have a tendency to not actually use the gun except for close range takedowns, because I'm ninja like that (also saves you a bunch of money if you don't have to purchase ammo). This frustrates the umpires, because it's kind of "missing the point", but frankly I don't get all this sitting around behind a barrier potting away with an ungrooved round that doesn't even fly straight except at the range when you're technically not supposed to be shooting at people. I once won a "plant the bomb" round without a gun, by virtue of being able to move quickly behind enemy lines.

The one satisfaction I get from firing those things are headshots, because the paint splatter pretty much incapacitates that player for the rest of the round. I actually think that if I could (legitimately) organise a game which used either BB guns, or riot buckshot or something (for that I would actually wear armour), that would be even more fun.

Posted Mar 26, '13 at 12:45pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,327 posts

I went a lot before, I was pretty good and hard to hit. Kinda like Strop, except less ninja and more gun, since anytime I go my friend pays for all the ammo and gun rentals :P
Sadly, I moved and there isnt a place that close to my house anymore so I havent been in over a year.

Reply to Paintball

You must be logged in to post a reply!