ForumsThe TavernWhat Instrument(s) Can You Play?

37 11821
kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

Just as the topic says, what instruments can you play? Everyone can list what they do and hopefully we can find out which one is most common!
I will really appreciate anyone willing to tell me, because technically this is just an easy way for me to get information for a survey i need for school. Going door to door seemed like to much work. So instead let's see the musical talents of AG!
Ill start of by saying i can play drums, guitar, and piano. Although i am much much better at guitar and drums than piano. How about you guys?

By the way, I wasn't quite sure if this belonged here, or in the arts forums, so if this needs to be moved someone can just let me know.

• 37 Replies
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

My skills with an instrument are all self taught, so truth be told I'm not very talented with a instrument. I'm many years out of practice, but I have gotten back into music so my skills are rising to the surface again. I am good at the piano (or electric keyboards, which ever), harmonica, or a percussion instrument like bongos, bass drum, or snare drum. The only thing I am "musically talented" in is vocals I'd say, but those are instruments I can play.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I've been learning the drums for about a year now. I'd say I'm a pretty decent drummer when it comes to keeping a beat, but there's still some work to be done when it comes to endurance.

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

I'm playing piano and drums....
=)

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Piano at about a beginner level. I recently learned to play the Animaniacs theme by ear.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I've answered this question a few times here, but since this seems to be for a survey, I'll post here:

My main instrument is piano, I have over 20 years of experience and a teaching license (L.Mus.A). I've also performed on harpsichord and organ, but I wouldn't be confident to front up to a serious concert on an actual multi-tiered pipe organ with foot pedals, that's another mastery in itself.

While I was in school I also played the french horn, and was decently good at it, but haven't really done much in the last 5 years and would need to practice to make my playing presentable again!

I've also had lessons in drums so could hold a few rudimentary patterns if I had to (which I have).

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I've been doing piano since I was four, and while, unlike Strop, I have not been teaching for ages and I don't have a license, I'm still really good. I think.
I can play about one song on a viola, and it sounds terrible. And then there's all the things that I bang on that count as &quotercussion."
Yeah, so, basically, piano.

CozzaRocka
CozzaRocka
1 posts
Nomad

Well, I haven't played an instrument for a while but I used to play the drums and piano. I sometimes play on DJ sets, but I am not a DJ.

Kannaaashi
Kannaaashi
24 posts
Nomad

air guitar!

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I play a trumpet in my school band. I also used to play piano quite well, but now I can't even find middle C. Sometime I might try playing my friends tuba and see how that goes...

ChiakixSama
ChiakixSama
9 posts
Nomad

I play the violin, in which I can also fiddle!~
Before that I was a saxophone play, which never really got anywhere so I can no longer play it.

squiggles123
squiggles123
1 posts
Nomad

i play the piano as well as the giutar. i have a strong passion for music.

arfmaster
arfmaster
138 posts
Nomad

been playing harmonica since my grandpa taught me how to play it. XD

ChuckNorris335
ChuckNorris335
17 posts
Shepherd

I can play the piano, viola, a bit of guitar, and a little bit of ukulele...

SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

AH YES A THREAD I CAN BE IN

I play flute, piccolo, oboe, french horn/mellophone, piano, guitar, bass, most of the percussion instruments which include snare, quads, xylophone, marimba etc, i can play clarinet but not as well as i can the others because ive never had an occasion to play it for, i dabble in trombone and i enjoy playing saxophone.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

I play flute, piccolo, oboe, french horn/mellophone, piano, guitar, bass, most of the percussion instruments which include snare, quads, xylophone, marimba etc, i can play clarinet but not as well as i can the others because ive never had an occasion to play it for, i dabble in trombone and i enjoy playing saxophone.

That's a wide variety of instrument playing skills you've got at your disposal. I'm jealous.

What instrument do I play? The triangle. And I dabble a bit in drumming.
Showing 16-30 of 37