ForumsGamesStrike Force Heroes 3? Most Certainly.

119 75012
XVeris
XVeris
32 posts
Shepherd

It's easy to say there will be a SFH3, but not any time soon. How? The storyline, that's how. In the first one, we kill the "original" Globex leader. In the second one, the Scientist says that "Globex is comprised of clones. Always has been." That means that in the first one, we either really did kill the Globex Leader, or one of his clones. I'm opting for the leader, since it seems in the second that all clones have red eyes, and the Globex Leader in the second has red eyes. How are we supposed to know how many other clones the leader has of himself?

• 119 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Looks like I wasn't the only one who thought SFH2's story was repetitive relative to the first installment. I would've much rather have seen a new enemy than going back to GlobeX. Sure, GlobeX was a cool threat because it was worldwide and it was powerful and they had cool technology, but going back to a formerly defeated enemy is boring.

However, we have to think about this sensibly for a minute: if not GlobeX, then who? SFH has a very slim world - there is no lore outside of the Heroes and GlobeX. If Sky9 and added a little more background to the story (which would've been awesome regardless), then possible future installments could be based on different enemies. Sky9 made their own bed with the lore problem, and now they have to sleep in it.

Despite that, I believe there's still some chance for redemption in creating a new enemy for when (if ever) a third installment comes out. Frankly, creating a brand new bad guy isn't very hard - look at Iron Man and Iron Man 2. Both movies had completely different antagonists that had absolutely no connection to each other, except for their shared hatred of Tony Stark. Sky9 could come up with something on the spot even, though I personally would've preferred that they would've added some lore to the previous installments.

But who would be the opposition to the Heroes if there was a new enemy? Who else threatens, or rather, could threaten them?

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

But who would be the opposition to the Heroes if there was a new enemy? Who else threatens, or rather, could threaten them?

Like you said, Sky9 could brainstorm on some different enemies. It might be easier for Raze because its in that sci-fi category. They can have some weird meteor people that crash onto the earth and invade. See? Its not that hard to find a new enemy. But mainly, GlobeX is boring. Its outdated. Im not saying that Strike Force Heroes is a bad game, its actually one of my favorites. But I don't want to play the same type of scenario for each SFH. Its been the same for the last two. Fight all these guys to hit that top guy. Very predictable. Perhaps they could put in some surprise or something of that element. Something that is not predictable and would surprise the player while he/she is playing, and maybe even get that game up into the #1 spot.

Sky9 Should also be widening their game genre. An example is raze and Strike Force Heroes. Same game, just different themes and characters.
Mech24751
Mech24751
1 posts
Shepherd

I think that they should have a twist like mid-story, like we fought one person at first then something like a stronger enemy came in and you had to fight with your original enemy to survive. And also they need a new class.

RavenEaglewood
RavenEaglewood
1 posts
Nomad

What I hope for the next SFH is online play w/ other people. The CPU in the game are good, but there's no real stratagy to them.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Despite that, I believe there's still some chance for redemption in creating a new enemy for when (if ever) a third installment comes out. Frankly, creating a brand new bad guy isn't very hard - look at Iron Man and Iron Man 2. Both movies had completely different antagonists that had absolutely no connection to each other, except for their shared hatred of Tony Stark. Sky9 could come up with something on the spot even, though I personally would've preferred that they would've added some lore to the previous installments.
All supervillians appearing in Marvel's movies have been pulled from the comics, so your argument is moot.

Justin will not begin development until he a solid idea on what he wants to do (and hopefully not until after R3 is released)

~~~Darth Caedus
saybre45
saybre45
13 posts
Nomad

How do you know the scientist isn't a clone, and the original was killed; or maybe there never was an original and it was all an extremely elaborate plan? It would be just like the clone wars in Star Wars. Initiated by an evil person, in order for the sith to ascend to power. Who knows? I think it is popular enough that there might be another. Worst comes to worst I doubt he will stop making games any time soon.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

How do you know the scientist isn't a clone, and the original was killed; or maybe there never was an original and it was all an extremely elaborate plan? It would be just like the clone wars in Star Wars. Initiated by an evil person, in order for the sith to ascend to power. Who knows? I think it is popular enough that there might be another. Worst comes to worst I doubt he will stop making games any time soon.

If you watched the ending you would know he is a clone (the red eyes)

~~~Darth Caedus
gismondoadentur
gismondoadentur
3 posts
Shepherd

please for next SFH give we a good barret

gismondoadentur
gismondoadentur
3 posts
Shepherd

give we the old Aug of SFH1, multiplayer and old white mimetic of SFH1!

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

When I saw that the scientist was controlled by GlobeX I was like: OMG! WTF?!

P.S. I hope that SFH3 will be launched soon.

TheSpeaker
TheSpeaker
2 posts
Peasant

There will be a SFH3. No argument. But it's simple on how the 2nd one ends: GlobeX killed the scientist after cloning him. You stopped GlobeX. But I think an idea would be to have the third one WITH GlobeX but also have other side enemies, such as robots and aliens. For example, the scientist is a clone but since he's so smart he may devlope a mind of his own, rising up against GlobeX with some white armoured GlobeX clones. But both sides still don't like you, so you're fighting Black GlobeX and White Globex.
Just a final or two (3) recommendations:1. more classes, like ten(medic, engineer, juggernaut, assassin, normal soldiers, radiomen, general, etc.)
2. bigger matches (army vs. army = 20-20)
Last:skins to unlock per class(no helmet, cigar, padding, bandoliers, etc.

I hope I will see at least one of these things in SFH3!

S1e2r3
S1e2r3
1 posts
Nomad

cant wait until sfh3

Virtuez
Virtuez
17 posts
Jester

Also waiting for Raze 3 if theres one

blackcat1602
blackcat1602
38 posts
Shepherd

What is it with the internet and zombies/vehicles? I admit, those ideas *would* be cool, but they will not work. SFH is an arena shooter, not a side-scrolling shooter.

arc2433
arc2433
17 posts
Nomad

Ya i am with you guys! 1st and second was great but i am ready for number 3!!!

Showing 16-30 of 119