Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

A Speechless Story Of A Traveller

Posted Apr 29, '14 at 7:00am

Rapyion

Rapyion

2,049 posts

Chapter 62

Henry grunted as he lifted himself off the white bed. He could still feel the burn in his shoulders as he used his hands to push himself up. Far off from his bed was a nurse, sitting at her plastic chair and doing some paperwork, probably on his own injury. She was in her mid-twenties to Henry.
He called out on the nurse and asked what had happened during the time he was taking a nap.
The nurse only told him to meet General Exen in the interrogation room. The nurse also told him to wait for him to come back from his reconnaissance mission. He said that he was going to kill some bloody bats. Henry nodded and left the room.
Sometimes, Henry would think about the room in his house; the laboratory with experiments all around. He remembered the long tables trapping him in the middle of the rooms and the various test tubes, beakers, measuring cylinders, and flasks on those tables. Some of them were broken and some were still surviving and standing. He wasnât sure about the specifics. His memories about that were too fuzzy, but he did remember the monsters. THOSE BLOODY MONSTERS!
Henry growled deeply at the thought of those things. Oh, yeah. Those things led me to this lab. Then, Ebonos..
What happened to him?
He hadn't thought about Ebonos in a long time. He was like a support character in a general fiction novel that was temporarily remembered and eternally forgotten. Well, not eternally forgotten now.
He was now in the curving hallway. Not this sh*t again.. Instead of heading straight for the interrogation room, he searched each door, starting with the one on his right. He slightly twisted the doorknob and saw that it was locked. He took one big step to the opposite door and tried the knob. No luck.. He tried and tried and tried..
Then, when he did finally could open a door, he pushed it open. It was apparently a janitorâs closet. There were plastic bright red buckets sitting like a barricade against Henry. Hmm, empty.
There was a shelf filled with detergent bottles, paper towel rolls and cloths. It covered three quarters of the width of the room. Beside the shelf were brooms leaning against the wall and the shelf, chilling with their cool glare of noodle-like hair at Henry.
There was nothing much to see. When he turned around, he met a nose, then a pair of eyes, then a mouth.
He released a shout and jerked his shoulders up. When he stepped aside (by accident), he saw that (apparently, it was a man and that) he was just a janitor. Only his eyebrows were raised before he led his ultimately boring life of cleaning up everyoneâs mess, including Henryâs.
He continued the search, but coincidentally, every door was locked, his own included (since he locked it every time he exited the room).
When he finished his search, he was already near the interrogation room. He shrugged, took a step forward, twisted the doorknob and pushed the door open. It was like the room he had seen before; eerie and slightly dark lighting, two chairs facing each other with a table separating them and nothing else.
Except for that door at the other end of the room that had a sign saying, âDO NOT OPENâ.
Yeah, like that wonât tempt me.
DO NOT OPEN.
Yeah, it wonât.
DO NOT OPEN.
I am not opening that door.
Then he opened it.
He only saw a ball rolling out from the darkness ahead. He looked at it, touched it with his foot and it disappeared. He frowned and stepped forward. Then a hand, too dark to be seen, grabbed his forearm and pulled him forward. The hand escaped from him as soon as Henry fell into a hole. For as long as he was falling, he felt super light. And now that he thought of it, he didn't feel like he wore clothes anymore. He felt as though ice wraiths in a form of snakes were biting him with gigantic fangs at his back.
Why am I suddenly naked?
He kept falling, but he never felt terror or dread in his heart. Instead, I feel free.
He smiled at the feeling of it. He spread his arms wide and let the cold wind pierce through his skin. He twisted around, faced the pit of darkness and opened his mouth. He felt air rushing in and closed his eyes. His hair fluttered everywhere. And he saw a monster of darkness, falling with him. It had the voice of the monster of darkness in the Klensburg headquarters, but it was more outgoing and active. It talked to Henry as if it had known him all its life. And so, it fell with Henry, chit-chatting, and never noticing that Henry was naked.
Henry obscurely remembered the monster saying that they were going to land. But to that Henry said that it was a lie. They had been falling for almost a few hours on end, and they had not met ground.
The monster suddenly became serious. Henry and it were going to land, and it said that Henry had best be prepared. He shrugged and stopped the urge to answer back.
He thought, and thought hard. But the problem was that I have no idea how to stop.
He asked the monster if it was lying. It shook its head.
But I donât want to stop.
Wind was still piercing his skin. He flailed his arms, but it wouldn't help stop the fall. So he flailed his limbs, but nothing happened. He was still falling fast. His mind started to panic, thinking of every possible way he could crash.
I could fall on my ***, or my back, or my chest, or my head..
Though, he convinced himself to calm down and think. He controlled his breathing and his heart slowed down from the panic.
And soon enough, he noticed that he was gradually decelerating. But still he hit the ground head first.

Posted May 5, '14 at 11:24am

Rapyion

Rapyion

2,049 posts

I'm not probably going to start chapters 63 to 65, because I have exams next week. I will try to pay up for the losses. I've been noticing more views, and I appreciate that you'd even take a look at my story (or novel), but I've been waiting for comments for a VERY long time. So please comment.

-----

Chapter 63

The next day, Rose woke up to the shining radiance of the sun. Then she frowned.
A monster of darkness. Somewhere, she thought.
She brought her right hand up to shield her eyes, because she found out that Kogh�s head was resting on her left shoulder. He was snoring as loudly as a pig. She never noticed that her face was healed from the burn.
She slowly moved away from him and laid his head on the invisible force platform. She stood up and stretched herself, then she yawned.
What was that word? Pandiculation, yes.
She boosted up and looked at the bright land. It was desolate, except for the city where she became a minotaur of death. She giggled at the word �minotaur�. The ground was cracked and brown. The sky was clear and blue. The horizon was a curved line of light. She made a force platform and sat on it with her legs wrapped up with her arms and her chin resting on her knees.
She was staring at one particular square figure that was jutting out of the horizon. It was rather small, but anyone who focused enough could see it. She squinted her eyes, but it still didn�t become clearer.
She stood up and flew up higher. The silhouetted square become an oblong of a building.
Her mouth slowly curved into a smile. She shouted in joy and flailed her arms in a rave. In her raving, she woke Kogh up. He shouted her to calm down and asked why she did that. She just pointed her finger at the piece of oblong block far away. He rose to her level and saw it. Instead of celebrating like she did, he just nodded.
He asked if she wanted to go there. She stopped raving and slowly twisted her neck to face Kogh. It was a face full of �Yes, duh. Are you stupid?�.
So, after packing up (again), they went, Kogh carrying two thirds of the food and Rose one third of it. Instead of flying by using force to push them, Rose suggested making a platform and pushing it with force. Kogh stopped moving, raised his finger and shook it. That was basically saying that Kogh agreed to it.
So they did. If you were in the Darkness region and you saw them, you would think that they were standing still while moving. It looked just like that.
And true enough, they finally arrived at a new city, though it looked less interesting and more of a replica of the previous city. It was a disappointment for Rose, as Kogh could see by her long face. He smiled.
C�mon, I can even argue that it IS the same city.
It wasn�t, though. There were more tall buildings than before and more lightings. Cars were moving all around in the streets and it was livelier with people. There were cafés, restaurants, corporate office buildings, shopping complexes, apartments, condominiums, hotels, terrace houses, stalls, hospitals, police stations, and many more.
Alright, let�s sweep this city before we move on..
Then she saw a man holding a range rifle on a typical tall building, aiming the weapon at a window of another building.
Rose widened her eyes. She conjured her force blade and threw it at the man like a spear. Before he pulled the trigger, she saw his head recoiling sideways. Then he fired a shot in the air, though muffled.
She raised her hand and pulled the range rifle into her hands. It had a silencer attached to the barrel, but other than that, she didn�t notice anything special about it. So she claimed it.
Kogh said that she had better be careful with it, like what a mother would say.
Rose heard him, but never listened. She just turned towards Kogh and beckoned to him to follow him.
She moved towards the dead man. When she landed, she saw that the man�s head was separated from his torso. It didn�t roll, but it did move a bit. Rose wasn�t disturbed, but Kogh probably was, by a little. Blood was pooling around the man�s neck, but it avoided flowing to one narrow area.
I guess that�s where my blade is.
She had an idea of the city the moment she took a look at it. So she started moving to the left without any plan.
She was over the city as though she were a floating god with a dark cloud beneath her feet. She felt so big compared to everyone else down there. So puny I could just squeeze them!
In fact, with the abilities she had, she could probably squeeze someone to death from this distance. Then she noticed something. Kogh wasn�t following her.
She turned back and saw a hole in the building. She glided towards it and landed right at the edge of the hole. She peered below and saw darkness. Then she felt two hands pushing her into it.
She uttered a yelp as she fell into the hole, her arms flailing not for joy, but for terror. She looked up and saw those very pair of hands sliding away from her view. She cursed into the air, or the darkness. She tried to fly, but she couldn�t feel any force surrounding her. Oh, crap.
She turned back into the darkness and closed her eyes, letting her body fall according to the will of gravity. She didn�t know why she gave up on challenges so easily. She remembered fighting a monster of corruption that had a protective shell. Her blast gun shots couldn�t work the first or second time, so she gave up just like that. She was in a similar situation, but instead of a blast gun, it was force.
She brought her hands up to her forehead. She cursed herself for easily giving up. To add insult to injury, a voice in her mind kept telling her that she was going to land horribly. She tried to shoo the voice, but it kept coming back. It was a voice of a seventeen-year-old teenage boy. Somewhere along the line-
GET OFF MY HEAD, YOU ****ING ****!
The voice was growing louder with each sentence, until Rose got mad and transformed into a monster of death. Her clothes (made from skins of monsters of darkness) were ripped in place for a larger body in whole. But this time, she could retain her thoughts. Now, the voice wasn�t there anymore.
That�s right. Keep your mouth shut-
Her face crashed into the ground.

last edited May 05 2014 11:28 am by Rapyion

Posted May 27, '14 at 12:07pm

Rapyion

Rapyion

2,049 posts

Woo! Got a C+ for Physics and A- for Chemistry!

-----

Chapter 64

His butt crashed onto the ground. He didnât know what happened. He was falling down and felt as though other people had fallen the height he had fallen.
But most people died from this height. I merely got a buzz on my ***.
He remembered a barrel of a blast gun aimed at his head. Ah, yes! That bloody innkeeper!
He pushed himself up and looked around. Darkness was everywhere to Avus. He aimlessly walked and noticed that his footsteps were deafeningly louder than usual. It was like he was stepping on explosive mines and setting them off one foot at a time.
While he was listening to his own feet explosions, he heard a paradoxical loud but soft grunt. He wasnât sure whether it was a feminine or masculine voice. So he turned to the direction of it and walked, and listened to his booming steps.
Back then, he remembered taking the barrel of the blast gun away, then energy pellets flew from it. He could have sworn that his eardrums burst. Avus then ducked and tripped the innkeeper. He fell on his back with a grunt, and his blast gun landed a few steps further. Avus went to take it, but his next step went into a hole; a deep one. While he was falling, he kept hearing Clarissaâs voice that he was going to land. He didnât believe her. He was thinking about his other three lives, and what he could have done, probably because of ADHD, I guess. He didnât feel fear or terror when he fell. He felt peaceful, at least that was what he remembered. Perhaps it was in Georgeâs nature to be at ease. After all, Avus remembered that George almost never had fights with Clarissa.
Whenever he or she did wrong, both would usually accept what had happened and move on. The most distinct memory of when they were fighting was when he was about to die. They were arguing on his deathbed, because George wanted to die already. That was his last memory until Avus barged in to rob him of his body. That was unintentional, please!
When he walked for what it felt like fifty explosions or so, he heard another loud but soft grunt. This time, it was familiar. In fact, it almost seemed all too familiar, like when you would try to recall a movie youâve watched
Henry?
He turned around, and felt fingers pulling at his shirt. He struggled for a while before he turned again, then he saw a girl, with long hair. She was wearing
Rose?
He called out to her, but she didnât reply. He called out again. She didnât reply. He frowned and snatched her hand, then he called out to her. Now she replied, but with a whisper, that she didnât recognise him. First, he was shocked. Then, he realised and relaxed. Rose was indeed his daughter, but one he never thought so much of. Sometimes, Rose would cross his mind, and he would partially think about Rose while working on a planned experiment. When Rose escaped, he only batted his eye for a few hours before forgetting her altogether. But seeing her face brightened his face as well. He wasnât tearing at his eyes, but he was smiling, like seeing an old friend, except Rose wasnât old.
Right now, he didnât say anything, not because he didnât want to, but because it wasnât time yet, or that Rose would be confused that a different man was her father.
He just asked her to follow him. She did, and they walked towards Henry. It was now twice the number of explosions at their feet.
As they went further in, Henry slowly revealed himself, holding his feet while clenching his teeth tightly. Avus swore there was blood on Henryâs lower lip.
Henry looked up and saw the both of them. Avus asked if he recognised him, but stopped halfway. Itâs bloody useless to say it.
Henry said that his feet were hurting so badly and wanted them to wait. And so they waited. For an hour.
When Henry could barely get up on his feet, Avus found Rose sleeping on the ground or floor. Who knows what the hell it is?!
Avus was about to wake her up, when he thought about where to go, which was nowhere at the moment, since there was just darkness. Then he noticed something. Every one of them was glowing faintly; just a tiny bit of light emanating from their chests.
And I didnât notice that until now.
So, where to go? Where to go?
His memories with Rose were scant, but he did remember sweet memories with her.
When she was five, her mother passed away. Avus was already in his third body. He didnât allow anyone to attend the funeral except Rose and his trusted generals. That included General Exen and Henry. Henry was always talking to Rose about matters Avus couldnât care less about. Avus did not remember a tear falling out of his eyes. In fact, no one had tears falling. The generals looked down in respect; Rose wasnât old enough to understand death; and Avus wasnât bothered with her, even though she was his wife. All he cared about was East; the effort he put into making East what it was; one and a half lifetimes spent in this city.
When Rose was seven, she was sent to her first school. Avus followed her with reluctance. Bloody hell, how long has it been? Nine? Ten years? The school gate was vast, but with little to no ornaments. That part was very clear to Avus, but when Rose was sent off, all the other parts were fuzzy, even his experiments.
Then another paradoxical soft roaring sound snapped him out of his memories. He looked up, but saw nothing. He looked left and right, but saw nothing.
Then he turned around and saw stream of white air fumed out of two nostrils of a monster of death, twice the size of all three of them combined.

Posted Jun 2, '14 at 3:29pm

Rapyion

Rapyion

2,049 posts

Chapter 65

Iâm catching up! Iâm catching up!
The day was sunny, and the beast was running as fast as it could. It streamed past deformed buildings and dead trees that had grown in front of those buildings. Thirty metres in front of it was a flying monster of corruption and Jeyne.
Then it noticed that the monster was further away.
Why canât I catch up?!
This speed was the fastest the monster could go, even with the sunlight. While running, the beast noticed Jeyne in an unconscious state. Then it also noticed that his other teammates werenât there with it. Sure, they might be slower, but I donât hear them running, or using their vehicle.
It sensed two other monsters of corruption coming in from beside the flying monster. One was a quadruped monster with wings. It had a left eye, right nose and teeth below them. If the beast could frown, it would. The other one took the form of a ball. It had no legs, but it did have a gigantic eye in the middle.
As soon as it sensed them, it was pushed off by some kind of force. The monsters hadnât even laid a finger on it. The force sent the monster flying backwards.
This feels so familiar. Like.. I could control it.
It managed to reduce impact damage when it landed. It only bruised its left hind leg, but it felt the sunlight working on it like threads weaving around its leg. It got up a few seconds later. By then, the duo was close enough for the force to hit the beast again. This time, it stayed in the air. The beast whimpered a few words and demanded release. Its demand was granted, when the force threw it to a building. The concrete diminished as soon as the beast hit it, and the debris fell along with the beast. Some of it sliced at its skin, which healed a few seconds later. Some of it crushed the beast, some at its abdomen, head and limbs. The sunlight could heal minor wounds in a few seconds, but major wounds like heavy trauma to itself and breaking of bones needed more than a few seconds, but perhaps a few minutes.
The winged monster jetted into the beast and aimed its teeth at the beastâs head. The beast instinctively rolled to the side along with the debris on it. The monsterâs teeth sunk into the concrete and stayed there. The ball-like monster rushed in, and with that came more of this familiar force.
The beast rolled again, and the force smacked against the floor.
Even with its half-healed injuries, it leapt forward at the monster and swiped at it. The sharp claws brought it down like a volleyball smash, but instead of it bouncing, it went splat on the ground. Liquids began flowing from it profusely.
The beast landed, but toppled over and fell, deepening the injuries even more. The winged monster finally jerked its head and broke free. It paused where it was and jerked its head from left to right, as though it was searching for something. The beast heard a loud sniff, then the winged monster trotted over to the beast and looked at it. Its teeth erected from its mouth and slowly approached the beast.
Hah! Erected. Where did that come from?
Weird that I have time to joke around when I could have killed it.
The beast got up and endured the pain. It finally stood on its four legs, but the monster had already lunged at it. It couldnât get to roll, but only slightly shift to the side. The monsterâs teeth sunk into the beastâs left leg. It attempted to scream, but could only make a wheezing sound.
Why the hell is my throat damaged despite the sunlight?!
The monster stayed there as though something would happen next. Indeed, something did happen. The beast swung its right paw at the monster and managed to send it to the side. The monster simply fell on its side, though ripping out part of the beastâs skin. The beast didnât wheeze, but immediately moved and jerked its paw back and forth until it was sure the monster was dead.
****ing retard.
It felt its broken bones and bruises healing by the second, but it still couldnât chase after Jeyne. It opened its mouth and clicked its tongue, but picked up no sign of the monster of corruption, or Jeyne.
It let itself collapse to its knees and stayed there. It slowly fell asleep. Then it had a dream.
What the beast could see was darkness. Its natural radar wasnât working, so it was blind for the first time of its life. It walked, and heard a gunshot at its feet, though it wasnât as loud as a real gunshot.
What in the world?!
It took another step and heard another gunshot.
Thank goodness it wonât be louder than that.
It hated loud noises. They would make it dizzy and irritated. They would make it shiver and strain almost every muscle in its body. Super-hearing could be a blessing to it, giving the beast higher sense of awareness, but hearing fairly loud sounds was a curse as well. All it could do, however, was to adapt to it.
It tried to place its paws down as softly as possible, but it still resulted in the same volume. Also, no matter how hard it thrust its paws into the ground, the volume stayed the same.
When it achieved (and endured) a certain number of gunshots, it could hear a conversation; a voice of a man, a girl and another man. It also heard a scream along the way. The beast started running as fast as it could, and slowed down as the sound got closer. It came to a stop, and was sure that it was in front of them. It opened its mouth to speak, but no sound came out. The first man shouted out, probably warning the other two that there was a monster of death behind them.

What? No. Iâm a monster of darkness.
Then it opened its eyes and saw them.
There was one it recognised.
Rose?

Posted Jun 10, '14 at 3:27pm

Rapyion

Rapyion

2,049 posts

I wonder why I keep procrastinating. I guess Iâm talking to myself. Bloody hell.
Also slightly influenced by Stephen King.

-----

Chapter 66

Henry wondered.
Why do my feet hurt instead of my head? I crashed head first, not feet first.
Even after the unknown manâs warning, Henry sat there and did nothing, except when you counted breathing as something.
The supposed beast behind him never did anything as well, besides breathing furiously through its nostrils. Its breath shrouded Henry in white fumes. He couldnât see anything besides his own limbs and torso.
Since it didnât attack.. Might as not move..
He was feeling lazy for the most part. The pain in his feet was the least of his worries at the moment. He shifted from time to time, though he avoided moving his legs and feet. He stared at his feet and wondered still.
Whatâs the beast doing now?
He twisted his head around and saw the beast lying on the ground next to it. Its fur gently touched Henryâs back. Then he realised that he was naked.
He opened his lips widely and revealed his partially clenched teeth.
If I was naked, why didnât they say anything?
He looked down and saw that it was his torso he was staring at. It was a façade. A very convincing façade, indeed. His groin was luckily hidden. He let out a gasp of relief. Then he brought his right hand up and gently slide his fingers over the fake torso, and immediately, it disappeared, revealing his bare chest. The white fumes were getting increasingly thicker and condensed that Henry couldnât see his legs anymore, let alone his groin. He twisted his head to see the beast again. It was peacefully sleeping.
Its nose wasnât actively releasing the white gas anymore, and yet I still canât see my bloody leg.
This time, Henry dared himself to move his feet, and when he did, they didnât hurt anymore. So, he stood up and walked forwards in hope of finding Rose and the unknown man.
Funny thing is that I could still recognise her even after years since talking to her. Sheâs grown so much.
As he placed his first step, he heard a loud sound under his foot. He paused, then placed another foot down. That same loud sound was heard. He then moved one step ahead, but lightly placing his foot down. The sound was as loud as before. This time, he stamped on the ground. The sound was just as soft (or loud) as before.
Oh, great. I have to deal with this?
He walked, each step producing the thundering sound, towards
Where am I going?
He looked back and saw the beast following him. It looked like a monster of death, but it seemed to him that it probably was the talking monster of darkness he had met before, with its eyeless face and fluent tongue.
What did Jeyne to do it?
Henry called out to the beast, asking him what it was.
It replied with a whisper that Henry couldnât hear. So he stepped closer.
Apparently, it had no idea what it was.
Henry folded his arms and nodded. Then he felt lazy again and sat cross-legged. He felt as though all this was a dream, but it was a dream too real to be called one. The pain in his feet was real. Hah! I guess the expression âpinch meâ doesnât apply to everything. What are we doing here in the first place?
Then he turned around and asked the beast why they were here. It also had no idea.
He then looked ahead and saw the two people coming back. The unknown person had his arm over Rose as they walked, rather slowly and stiffly, towards them. Henry called out to them, saying that the beast wouldnât hurt them and that he was the proof. He waited until they were in talking distance to ask them what they were doing here. Both of them didnât know.
Well, thatâs bloody helpful.
Henry told everyone to move. This white stuffâs getting annoying as hell.
When they did finally settle in a place where there would be no white fumes, Henry asked Rose about how she got here. She never replied. Henry pushed on, asking her about where she was before she got here. Iâm pretty sure this is a dream. Unless itâs an interconnected dream. She still didnât reply. In fact, she looked pale, and unresponsive, and dead.
But she was still breathing. Why does breathing matter in a dream, though?
I assume, he thought. That people from the past are in this âworldâ. Rose, that talking monster of darkness, even though itâs a monster of death here, but who is this guy?
Henry turned his attention to the unknown man, and asked him who he was.
Hopefully I can know how heâs connected to me.
Henry saw the manâs eyes twitch. His mouth hesitated to open and he looked elsewhere, then back to Henry, when he started his speech.
He claimed that he was the mayor, named Avus, even though he didnât look like the mayor Henry knew. Firstly, Avus started off with an extraordinary assertion that he could never die, and that he possessed people when he died.
That sounds bloody ridiculous. And it only seems that the beast and I were listening. Rose still looked as dead as ever.
Then Avus went on to say that this was his fourth body.
Okay, on second thought, maybe this is just my dream.
In his second body, he took over East, and revolutionised the city. So-called Avus chuckled a little, saying that Henry wasnât born during that time, so he wouldnât know about it. Avus told Henry that he was in his third body, a human clone, that talked to Henry and eventually brought Rose into this world. He said that the DNA of the body was taken from a random man Avus didnât bother to identify.
Probably dead, Henry thought.
Then Avus told him how Henry tried to chase him and that he was the mysterious man in the coat.
(Screw the rules for a moment) âI held a machete,â Avus said.
Oh, bloody hell! That was about a month ago!
Then memories came flooding back from that event. Henry named it the Godzilla event. He remembered being on the monster of death, with the useless arm sticking out of its head. He remembered fighting with.. With..
Avus?
Henry asked the current Avus who that maniac was. He frowned and didnât know.
Well, he was a maniac, after all.
The thought of the maniac slipped his mind like sand being swept away with the wind. But the memories of the rest of the event occurred to him.
Oh my God. The helicopter I took control. The people I shot on the wall of East. Myke. Saving. My. Life.
Myke.
Saving.
Life.
Myke.
Myke

Posted Jun 14, '14 at 3:48am

Voyage2

Voyage2

703 posts

You got a nice story (= . I enjoy reading it.

Posted Jun 14, '14 at 3:21pm

Rapyion

Rapyion

2,049 posts

What is this? Are those words Iâve never typed?

If youâve seen the last few pages, foreign comments are non-existent. Thanks for making this thread a bit more lively (which is an understatement, of course).

-----

Chapter 67

was sitting on his chair at his balcony and looking at the plagued land when someone knocked on his door. He was drinking some liquor he didnât know about.
But it tastes awesome!
He placed his bottle down next to the chair and got up, slightly grunting at the effort needed to get out of oh my glorious, wonderful, amazing chair! It was mentally hard for him to get out of his favourite chair. There was always that mysterious force pushing Myke down onto his chair when he tried to get out.
The bloody Force of Laziness is what it ****ing is.
He took big steps towards the door and opened it. It was Henry. He smiled, put a hand on Henryâs back and pushed him in. Henry shouted at Myke, but he didnât seem to care because he knew Henry wouldnât harm him unless it was necessary.
Necessaryâs a subjective word, though.
The ambience, or ambiànce as what Myke called it, in this room was never much noticed by Myke at all. Henry would always say that it always looked dark and moody. Even now.
What are you talking about? Looks just fine to me! You just a man full of **** to say!
But he didnât say it out loud. He didnât say anything.
Myke stepped backwards behind Henry and pushed him out to the balcony. There was another chair saved for him, but a far uglier one compared to my oh so glorious, wonderful, amazing chair! Henry slapped Myke on the shoulder before thanking him and sitting down.
Henry swore that he would, one day, beat Myke up for all these pushing. Myke just laughed and steered his attention to the land. He soon started having conversations with himself.
Ever wondered why the landâs the way it is? Seems to me like the land was plagued a long time ago.
It did have a start, right? Well, I donât know the answers. Maybe the mayor has some, but I wouldnât bother. He looks scary as hell. And acts scary as hell.
But you havenât even talked to him.
Henry turned his head, moved his eyes around and grabbed Mykeâs liquor bottle. Myke noticed it and slapped Henryâs hand away from it. He told Henry to get one from the fridge, but to only drink sips from it at a time. Itâs expensive.
Henry said that he only wanted to try one sip from the liquor. Myke then showed him his index finger, and it indicated that it said âone sip, and only one sipâ. He was serious.
Henry nodded, grabbed the bottle and took a sip.
Ever wondered who made this liquor?
No, do you?
Dude, I asked you because I didnât know.
May the answers be with you then.
Myke imagined a sad face where his lower lip slithered out from its original spot, a childâs attempt at grabbing sympathy.
He snapped out of his thoughts and asked what Henry was doing before he came in. Henry looked into the far distance and looked back at Myke. He was carrying out training with privates, and said that it was a hard task; the environment wasnât suitable for Henry, and when he complained about it to the mayor, he didnât say anything. Him not saying anything meant that he had to stick to the current situation and place. A few privates there were rude, especially when Private James kept on answering Henryâs obviously rhetorical questions, like âWhat do you think youâre doing?!â or âDonât do that!â
Wait, that wasnât a question.
Henry rambled on about how Private James annoyed the bloody hell out of him, and ironically, this rant was annoying Myke too.
Yeah? Deal with it. Henry, youâre made for this. Youâre the calmest person I know, and the angriest person I know. Yeah, youâve got issues, friend.
Myke asked what happened after that. Henry went on to say that he was in his office writing reports to the mayor.
As if the mayor gives a ****.
Henry said that these reports were wasting paper. Trees around East had been less, claimed Henry, even though he didnât even know where the paper came from. One report was about the training. Another was about an errand Henry had to run, but he didnât let Myke know about it. And another.. And another..
Then Myke asked why Henry had so many reports to write. Henry just looked at the night sky after ranting. Myke found Henry lifting his liquor bottle. He shouted, then launched at Henry for the bottle, to which Henry got onto the chair and jumped away from Myke. He landed on the arm of the chair with his stomach, which sucked the breath out of him. Henry landed on his feet with a thud, landing as gracefully as ever.
Ough, my God..
He slid off the side of the chair and his left shoulder hit the floor with that same thud. His eyes flew up and saw Henry still holding that liquor bottle, and mockingly too; his fingers were on the neck of the bottle, hanging just above Mykeâs head.
Why, you son of a *****!
He pushed himself up and lunged towards Henryâs legs. Henry didnât catch it coming, so Myke caught hold and wrapped his arms around his legs, and both of them fell, one falling again. He felt the bottle landing on his back, and he quickly forgot about Henry, reaching for the bottle instead. The bottle spilled almost half of its content before Myke stopped it from spilling. He instantly put the bottle to his lips and drank. That rush of taste rejuvenated him, and he got up. Henry was standing, and smiling at thr same time. Myke began to laugh as well. Then the both of them walked back to their seats, which were surprisingly at their same positions and sat, and watched the Darkness land, as though it was their favourite land (even though it wasnât).
God**** you, Henry, Myke thought, with a smile.

Posted Jun 24, '14 at 11:13am

Rapyion

Rapyion

2,049 posts

Chapter 68

Avus saw Henry break into tears. Before, Henry was staring into the darkness beyond. His face looked as though his brain was suddenly stolen or it disappeared from inside his head a few moments after he had asked Avus who that âmaniacâ was.
What in the world is going on?
Slowly, he brought Rose and Henry together, who was crying in a loud voice. The beast behind didnât seem to care. He wrapped his arms around the both of them in a tight hug, and hoped that it would stop. Though, it stopped in a minute. Henry was back to sobbing, hiccuping every few seconds.
Henry, your face looks like ****. Too bad thereâs no place here for you to wash up.
The beasts suddenly rose and touched the group (hug) and Avus found himself back in the inn.
Avus was on the ground, just an armâs length away from the innkeeperâs blast gun. He felt groggy, and his eyes couldnât open to the bright light in this lobby. He grabbed the blast gun, stood up and looked around. He noticed the unconscious innkeeper and smiled.
Just a trip and youâre unconscious. How about that?
He then heard Clarissaâs voice coming from upstairs. He turned back towards the innkeeper and aimed the blast gun at his fat belly. Before he could pull the trigger, he heard a gasp that stopped him.
What is it now?
Clarissa shouted, asking him to drop the gun. Avus shook his head, and said that it was for protection. Then she asked what type of protection he, or both of them, needed. Avus mentioned the worm-like monster of death before, and Clarissa shut up.
Avus turned to the innkeeper and blasted his stomach open.
I guess thatâs why people want to hunt me down. Funny thing is I planned to knock him out, not kill him. Why?
He never answered the question.
Blood flew and splashed on the blast gun and his body. Guts flew along, and next came Clarissaâs scream. Avus beckoned her to follow her as he walked over to the door. She asked him why he had to do this.
But he still didnât answer the question. He opened the door and entered the land of death once again.
Arms suddenly wrapped around Avus as he looked into the far distance. He heard her sobbing and he turned around, looking at her, and weirdly enough, feeling sympathy for her.
Yeah, but I did it to her.
It was a bit ironic that he felt more sympathy for someone he knew less than his wife when she died. And now, when he thought about it, it made him feel guilty. He remembered his wife on her deathbed, his hand holding hers, and them looking at each other. His wife was barely breathing, her chest only rising a lot less than usual.
When his wife opened her mouth, a voice didnât come out, because he didnât remember what she said. Her mouth and throat were moving, but he didnât reply. He was looking past her wifeâs face and into the pillow. His mind had wandered somewhere else. Then he couldnât feel her grip on his hand anymore.
Itâs funny. I can remember details, but not someoneâs last words.
He did call the doctors for help. Five minutes later, of course.
He snapped back into reality when Clarissa released him. He asked her if she wanted to go. Clarissa asked him to wait, and she went back into the inn. So Avus waited for a few minutes before he impatiently went inside to check on her.
Apparently, Clarissa was rummaging through the counter and what was at the back of it. It was quite narrow, but when he moved closer, he saw a pile of items stacked up messily. There were torn cereal boxes, broken CDs, empty plastic bottles and tissue boxes, plastic bags with a variety of colours and empty shotgun shells. Well, I guess this guy loves shotguns. A lot. He saw her pushing things out of the way. Some of them slid to the side. One was a cereal box which had the name âSuper Wabbiâ with a rabbit smiling at Avus. He looked away from the box, squatted beside her and looked at what she gripped in her hands.
A shovel?
It wasnât a typical shovel. Its end was sharp enough to penetrate through dirt and it had a curve like a spoon, as a normal shovel would have. It had a wooden handle, but what made it distinguishable was that the blade of it was purple in colour.
Clarissa said that she found it when Avus and the innkeeper were talking. It shone like a star in the sky when she saw it, and fell in love with its colour. Avus smiled as Clarissa went on, giving reason after reason of why she loved it.
At least itâll be a weapon for you.
As if Clarissa read his mind, she said that she wouldnât use it to fight. Avus frowned and looked at her. He shook his head and grabbed her by her hand. He dragged her outside and kept on doing so, since Clarissa didnât protest. They walked through the desert of a place until they found a new village, which was only a few minutes away from the inn. Avus wasnât even surprised, but Clarissa was, with her gasps of shock.
Itâs probably a village. Thereâs a house, for sure.
When the both of them got the full picture, it wasnât actually a village. It looked more like a hamlet, consisting of only four houses and a stone well with wooden planks built into it.
There also seems to be..
Be..
Worms?!

In fact, there were worms of death. Avus turned towards Clarissa and told her to kill one of them. She didnât reply. She seemed to be in shock. Her mouth was hanging open, and her shovel dropped at her side.
Then Avus swore that every worm turned to look at both of them.
Oh, no, he mouthed.

Posted Jul 2, '14 at 11:44am

Rapyion

Rapyion

2,049 posts

Sorry I posted late. It's homework week!

-----

Chapter 69

Rose woke up on the same building that had that weird hole in the middle. She looked around for Kogh. It was the first thing she thought. But she couldnât find him. Then a migraine struck her at the side of her head.
Rose grunted and pressed her thumb against that spot and rubbed it. It was as though force was drilling against her head and popping her brains out. It made her shut her eyes a lot, but she could still detect what was around her. Then she sensed a ball coming right at her.
Even with her migraine, she moved to the side and the ball went past her. Her hair flew up and landed on her shoulders. Just the touch of a multitude of strands of hair made Rose clench her fist. Forgetting her migraine, she messily tied her hair up with condensed force as a band before thinking.
Why donât I just cut it?!
She never did. She was more worried about the ball, now that it was coming back. When she looked at it, it wasnât a ball. It was a monster of darkness shaped like a ball. She conjured her blade and threw it. The blade spun and sliced through the ball. Blue blood spurted out from the ball, but from those halves came two fully new balls of death.
Regenerative, huh? Weird.
She thought up of a new design of a weapon, other than the one she was using.
Letâs see.. A malletâs good.
She conjured the weapon, but she made it too small. It was only as long as her arm, and it felt lighter than what a mallet should have weighed. The two balls neared towards her as she tried to think up of the weight of the mallet. She broke her chain of thoughts and dodged one of them, but the other one crashed into Roseâs chest. She was knocked back, but the ball kept moving forward, trying to drive her into the building, which had that peculiar hole, but now didnât.
She could have pushed the ball away with force, but that would be inefficient, now would it? Instead, she put fire into the test. She made force surround the ball, and she placed her hands between the ball and jerked her hands away from the monster. Two spouts of flame appeared out of thin air and melted the ball. She was quick enough to get its liquefied entrails off her chest before the other ball slammed against the back of her head.
This time, she made a force cushion in front of her, and landed in..
I donât even know what itâs call. Liquid? Solid? Soliquid?
As soon as she landed face flat, she got up with her feet and swung her right hand across, sending a force wave that slapped the monster away.
Okay, Iâm clear.
The ball flew away, and then stopped in its track.
That disgusting thing has no eyes, but it still could see where I am, but how..?
Then she realised and moved to the side. A force wave went past her, but it sliced part of her fingers off.
That migraine came back. That migraine came back.
She screamed, grunted, screamed and gasped consecutively. Blood was dripping down the stubs of her fingers and her hand was tensing up. She slowly turned her head and looked at her fingers for a few moments, then puke rose and out came from her mouth. It was brown, probably from the monsters of darkness she had eaten.
Why did I vomit? Iâve seen a hell lot worse!
The ball came charging at her again. By instinct, she swung her right hand, and blood danced through the air, red droplets shining for some reason. Halfway through the swing, she vomited again, at the same spot. The force wave she sent was weaker, and it didnât stop the ball at all.
She tried to swallow her saliva repeatedly to stop the vomiting impulse from coming back. She couldnât think anymore. She was dazed, looking at the brownish colour of her own puke. She noticed air bubbles at random spots. Only then she noticed that her fingers were starting to heal, and it felt good. Really good.
Dust started clumping onto the stubs of her fingers, and like magic (she was certain it was magic), the dust slowly became flesh. The dust also clotted the blood that was leaking out, at a faster rate than usual. Slowly, her fingers formed back to normal. Plus, her fingernails were clean cut.
When she looked up, the ball smashed into her face.
From one *****ing mess up to another one.
Her nose was throbbing when she fell back on the force cushion. She felt blood leak towards her lips, and when her tongue came up to lick it away, it tasted like copper. Instead of more puking, she was angry at that son of a *****!
She roughly wiped the blood away with the back of her fully healed hand, and then tensed her hand, gathering all the force she could before she could faint. She condensed it into a ball of fire and turned around to find that the monster was still charging towards her.
Now youâre not charging me anymore. Youâre charging towards hell!
She threw the fire ball, but it missed.
Oh, sh*t.
Wait, I can redirect it.
She waved her hand around horizontally and the fire ball came back like a boomerang, but instead of returning to her, it headed for the monster. When it hit, the fire ball exploded in a tiny radius, but with a shockwave that would put nuclear bombs to shame, and rip through Roseâs body, if she hadnât covered herself in a force field.
Hah. A *****ing nuclear bomb within ten metres of range. All those people Iâve killed in the city, all for a ball that, at the very most, bruise me to severe injury in a few hours. I hope no one had to suffer..
The shockwave knocked her out after that. But she was already giving up on travelling anyway.

Posted Jul 7, '14 at 11:40am

Rapyion

Rapyion

2,049 posts

Chapter 70

The beast woke up back in its own room; its favourite room, Jeyneâs reading room. Everything was upside down when it clicked its tongue. Or that it was lying on its back.
It turned back up and got up, then remembered that Jeyne was kidnapped. It released a wordless shout and ran towards the door. When it was close to it, the door moved and smacked the beast in the face. It recoiled backwards and clicked its tongue and sniffed. It was General Exen. He apologised and helped the beast up after closing the door. He walked in, stood in front and looked at the shelf of books of fiction and non-fiction.
He asked what type of books the beast like, and it said fiction. So, he placed a finger on a book, possibly a fantasy one, and pulled it out. He took it, walked backwards and sat on Jeyneâs chair. He held the book by one hand and the other was used to flip through the pages between the book. When the beast heard multiple page flipping, it asked whether Exen could start in the beginning-
Wait, no. Whereâs Jeyne?!
So, it asked where Jeyne was. General Exen didnât reply. He kept flipping through the pages as though the beast hadnât opened its mouth yet. And it asked again. This time, he only grunted. It could sense his eyes quickly swiping at the bookâs printed words. He finally looked away from the book and said that Jeyne was still being located. He explained that monsters of corruption could always hide from detection, even with strong equipment like what this headquarters had. Even one of his most observant scouts couldnât track her.
Before the beast could say it, Exen explained that a hideout of corruption was usually enshrouded, never allowing light to pass through them. They could only be seen within five metres. The general wouldnât give an explanation on how and why they were like this.
Maybe he couldnât.
Then the beast thought again.
What about that guy? Avus!
Then the beast mentioned Avus to Exen when he was explaining about monsters of corruption. He suddenly stopped talking, and faced the beast melodramatically. His face was blank when he looked at the beast.
Looks like heâs going to flip.
He stood up and headed over to the bookshelf. The book held with his index finger and thumb, he used the rest of his fingers and his left hand to move the books and give space for the book. He quickly slid the book back in and turned towards the beast. It could sense his hair twirling around as he did so. It kept its laughter back.
The beast gave a brief introduction on Avus to let Exen know what it knew about him. The beast told Exen about how Avus revolutionised the city, and that he made a clone. And freakinâ lived in it! Then it sensed Exen frowning at the clone part. He asked about how Avus could do that. The beast said that it didnât know, and it shrugged, though it doubted that it was noticeable. Exen sat back down, and the beast heard a little squeaking sound when he sat. Then he locked his fingers together in the middle of his stomach and sat there, silent as ever.
Then the beast got up and said that they should get Jeyne back, and that they should make sure she was actually not dead.
Iâd be angry when that happens.
Without waiting for Exen to reply, the beast reached for the doorknob and twisted it slightly before barging out of the room. After one month of sensing Jeyne do that, it slightly knew about human technology.
It started to run, then sprint towards the end of the hallway. It heard Exenâs voice behind it, but it was getting softer by the time it reached the canteen. It turned and headed for the yard outside, in which it headed straight for the exit, when General Exen shouted at it to halt. It didnât, but it did stop when it clicked its tongue. There was that stick-like gun again, pointing at it. General Exen was in his aiming stance, his back slanted, his right leg slightly forward to stabilise his body, his shoulder touching the butt of the weapon and his head slanted towards the weapon as though he had an affection for it.
Why am I focusing on how he stands?! Hell, I should be running!
When it started off, Exen fired a warning shot. The shot was so loud that it swore that its eardrums broke. It gave up, and stopped.
Hey. Iâll wait for him to come, then pounce on him!
Exen walked closer to it, his weapon still facing its way. When he got considerably close, he brought out something. Something electrifying, literally. He still had his weapon on it by the time he got within armâs length.
Then the beast bounced off the ground. It was close to biting Exenâs hand off (although it didnât mean to do it), but Exen smacked it on its head with the gun. It didnât give the beast much of a headache, but it did sting. It landed, then swiped with its right paw, careful not to injure, but only to trip him.
In fantasies, this would have connected. In real life, no way in hell.
Luckily, this time, it was a fantasy.
Exen fell on his left side, then let out a grunt as his arm smashed onto the ground. His grip on the weapon was more than before. He quickly aimed, but missed a shot as the beast jumped over him. Exen got up halfway, but the beast quickly slapped the weapon away and instead, sent it into the air. It jumped and caught the weapon in its teeth. Plus, when Exen brought the electrifying item towards it, he couldnât. It was already too far away, when it ran off with the weapon to the hideout of corruption.
All this seems like a fantasy, too. Then it lightened up at the thought of Jeyne reading the rest of LaFist Light to it.

Reply to A Speechless Story Of A Traveller

You must be logged in to post a reply!