Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Pennies

Posted Mar 26, '13 at 5:31pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

pennies are only 5% copper. the other 95% is zinc

Oh, thanks for reminding me. I forgot pennies cost too much to make so they switched to zinc because it was cheaper. Anyhow, there are a lot of uses for zinc too.

 

Posted Mar 27, '13 at 1:35pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,322 posts

Go over to Europe and they already have the taxes for the price

Places In NYC are like that. There is a really good pizza place where you give the guy 2 buck, they give you a slice 5 seconds later. Simple and fast. Never seen it in a grocery store or anywhere out of a city.

 

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 9:21am

dr_doughnut

dr_doughnut

72 posts

I hate pennies. Pennies are needed if tax isn't in the price because adding tax to a $1 candy bar makes it $1.07 and I hate that. They should add tax to the price to make things easier and to get rid of the penny.

 

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 10:34am

danielo

danielo

1,365 posts

So you propebly dont know what poverty is. Do you know these peoples who search in trash canes for used canes and bottles? These peoples who argue with the cashier over these 10 pennies? I know them. I vulenteer more than once in places who help them by food, shelter or even just a hearing ear.
And for them, these 3 pennoes maybe mean one more tomato, a better quality meat, or even the water and electricity bills. Yes, these 34 cents in a 23.34 bill can become a shut down of the lights.

So plwease, dont be a spoiles bratt. There are peoples who do think they are usefull.

 

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 12:47pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,230 posts

So plwease, dont be a spoiles bratt. There are peoples who do think they are usefull.

Please...watch the video.

 

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 5:04pm

danielo

danielo

1,365 posts

Wached. Yet, the - struggling to end the mounth - poor man dosent care what the cent is made off. This 5 cents say buss back home or walking. These 3 pennies you droped may say if he will eat meat or not.

To you theyvdosent matter. For them, every cent matter.

Maybe the coin do need to be made from a cheaper material, but remember -
Not everyone can pay at the shop with 50 Bills. And not everyone can buy fuel in 100 dollars for his car, but 1.78 for a buss ticket. Or a washing machin.
The pennie does buy things.

 

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 5:20pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,230 posts

danielo..your argument is appeal to poverty..to start

poor man dosent care what the cent is made off.

What it is made of doesn't have anything to do with who uses it..but the fact that the penny is causing the government to actually lose money

These 3 pennies you droped may say if he will eat meat or not.

I sincerely doubt this. Meals are nowhere this cheap

The pennie does buy things.

When used with other currency

 
Reply to Pennies

You must be logged in to post a reply!