ForumsGamesThe most difficult, yet most enjoyable event you have ever experienced in game?

7 3193
Maizie
Maizie
91 posts
Nomad

Mine was back when the cm of Rose Online used to give daily events and one was a hide and seek event. We had to look for him in the whole of Junon. It was pretty difficult especially if he hides in a very populated area. It was enjoyable because everybody newbie or not, was able to participate. No gear requirements, no party needed, no looters, just plain fun.

• 7 Replies
treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

in online gaming? i dunno

far as console games go though, probably the whole dark souls game for xbox360...well, the 1st playthrough at least. after that all the armor is useless in terms of physical defense (a frilly dress with high resistances would easily beat the strongest physical defense heavy armor in that game starting at new game+), it just makes the gear increasingly off balance imo with each successive new game+ you do :/ not that anything was really OP to begin with mind you but still >.>

Maizie
Maizie
91 posts
Nomad

consoles or online gaming. It doesn't really matter.

One thing i hated in dark souls was the basilisks. hated it when they curse me. Can't believe such a weak creature could actually kill your character that easily. Anyway, i haven't experienced any events there

treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

wanna know the absolute worst thing i ever did in dark souls? its related to that old dragon head glitch that sometimes gives truly infinite souls or sometimes infinite until your stamina bar empties. (never really figured out exactly how that works as it seemed either random or based on how your character sat at the bonfire just before doing said glitch: crossleg or not)

basically the first time i went to try that glitch was by far my worst experience with the game. i went down through the sewers > undercity > marshes > then through the giant tree which lead to the dreaded basilisks... long story short: i got the items needed for the glitch too early in the game and couldn't bonfire/teleport out yet so there i was, cursed down to (i think) 10% max hp and managed, after days of trying off and on, to run all the way back to where the bell tower gargoyles were just to get uncursed. you wouldn't believe the relief that uncursing brought O.O probably died over 50-100 times on that trip though given the game in question that part probably isn't too surprising.

They speak no lies when they say that in the game Dark Souls, YOU WILL DIE. (over and over again, hundreds, thousands of times)

Maizie
Maizie
91 posts
Nomad

o yeah, speaking of that old dragon glitch. is it still working? tried to search it over the net some say you just need to unpatch create a character then do the glitch then patch... can't get it to work.

treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

uh, yeah, i think they patched it at some point but iirc you can still use it with a bit of work.

note: i only have the xbox 360 and not ps3 or whatever else there is/was >.>

delete all the patch files (or uninstall the game completely/whatever) and start a fresh unpatched file then get and use the glitch then repatch and enjoy. dunno if that works though tbh as i've never had xbox live (bad internet/couldn't afford it) so i can't say for certain but i think that was the last i really heard much of it.

what i would like to know (as i've never patched my copy obviously) is how you glitch that big red fire breathing dragon on the bridge in undeadburg. what i mean is, i once heard of a way to get past it and kill it from the tower just after that (the one with that annoying black knight). seen it on youtube before but could never pull it off myself. i stand at the bottom of the tower and i see the dragons shadow but i go up and its gone so i dunno how to do that one :/

Maizie
Maizie
91 posts
Nomad

i'm haven't really tried that glitch o.O will look for it

dragon916
dragon916
1 posts
Peasant

I love it how this conversation turned into a Dark Souls discussion. I haven't played the game myself, but I've heard it's really good.

Showing 1-7 of 7