ForumsThe TavernHow many times can one fall in deep and true love? Have you ever?

29 9440
redfan45
redfan45
197 posts
Nomad

This is a thought and question that has been in my head lately and I'd like to hear what other's opinions are on this.
How many times do you think one can be in deep true love? Only once? More?
If we somehow lose a person who is the first you've ever been deeply truly in love with, will you ever experience and have that again with another person? Or will every love and relationship after that just be so insignificant compared to that deep love you felt with a "true love"?
Have you ever fallen in deep love, and lost it? And never gained love like that again? Or have you found another just as great or better?

• 29 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

But if she loves her parents, then he's the **** that broke the family.

Doesn't sound like the family is well adjusted to start with. But, if he really loves her, he should care enough about her to protect her from abuse and help her parents. (You can't just let something like this continue on, but it is entirely his decision, and I'm not too sure if I could turn in my girlfriends parents either... That's a tough choice.)
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Yes I have. I was 15, she was 15 and we were crazy about each other.
I was thinking and talking about her all the time.
Every time she walked by in the hall (in school), I could feel her and when she called my name I was like floating in the air. Her voice was like a caress to my ears and I had butterflies in my stomach all the time. The anticipation of seeing her made me shake. Her wonderful sent drove me nuts, her eyes, her long dark hair, her smile were mesmerizing.
Because of my dad's work we had to move often and I lost her because of it. When I hear some songs from that period I go back in time and remember her.
I never felt like this ever again, close but never as strong. ;(

TheGenovesan
TheGenovesan
65 posts
Nomad

Nope, i've personally never had a great understanding of love, and i'm not sure whether i'd want to change that.

But if she loves her parents, then he's the **** that broke the family.

I don't know about him, but if it were me i'd rather be the **** that broke the family rather then the **** who did nothing.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Do people not know what a streetcar is? Seriously? That's kind of depressing. Oh well.

I can't win like that, for love isn't reasonable.
It's true, you can't win by claiming to be rational and coming to irrational conclusions. "Rationality" as a way of life tends to by adopted in response to a strong emotional drive and is hardly evaluated with the criteria it claims to promote.

According to Moonshiners: "Ain't nuttin' illegal 'nless you get cought."
There is nothing illegal about being in a relationship with someone underage. I'm not mad at you in particular, I just really hate it when people act like there is. The law doesn't give a **** about boyfriend/girlfriend status. It doesn't even exist in a legal sense. You can have a romantic relationship and not have sex. You can have sex and not a romantic relationship. The law only cares about one.

Anyway. Glad to see the discussion evolving productively. Carry on.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

That's rough, buddy.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Yes. If she just pushes you off a cliff and says I'm breaking up with you.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Wow SSTG. I feel ya. Same thing happened to me. I still love* a girl that I had to move away from. I still keep in contact with her, but I haven't seen her in forever. Hopefully I will see her this summer though. Sadly though she has a BF, but has long as he makes her happy I will be OK.

*Not sure if it is love but I have never felt this way about any other girl.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

What if your first girlfriend turns into the moon?..

Then you're on the right track, but you might want to turn her around.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

I dunno...
But I might be some kind of emotionless freak.
I haven't fallen in love with anyone. Or at least not in real love. What's it like?

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

I don't know about him, but if it were me i'd rather be the **** that broke the family rather then the **** who did nothing.

The thing is, if it's true love, you can't even think about what you'd rather be, nor what you think is best for her. All that matters is what she wants. I was in a similar situation. The girl I loved was in a close relationship with a moderately abusive boyfriend. I wanted so much to bash his empty skull in, or at least to report what was happening (which I did anonymously twice, but nothing was done) and regretted my relative inaction for years. But now I realize that if I had done something to result in their forced seperation, as she still cared deeply for him, I would've been essentially asserting authority/power/control/judgement over her and her right to decide who she's with. That is her choice alone.

However, in the current case, I agree. The proper authorities should be contacted, as a minor has no real choice in the matter. But, from an emotional standpoint, she could be crushed beyond recovery, so it would be best to find out what she wants personally rather than to act upon a personal motive to free her so you can be together.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Love, nah. Dogs are where it is all at. They cost less, rarely poop on the floor, and doesn't try to make anyone feel bad, or go broke. Dogs man, they have all the love anyone could ever need.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

True love? Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Love, nah. Dogs are where it is all at. They cost less, rarely poop on the floor, and doesn't try to make anyone feel bad, or go broke. Dogs man, they have all the love anyone could ever need.

This is obviously coming from the man who's girl dumped him... A sad sight, is it not?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

This is obviously coming from the man who's girl dumped him... A sad sight, is it not?

It seems he's traded witches for *****es.

What's it like?

'Tis a tightrope act. This pretty much sums it up.
Showing 16-29 of 29