ForumsNews and FeedbackShould cussing be allowed on Armor Games? Nope.

44 18820
ask08
ask08
51 posts
Nomad

Hi! I believe cussing should NOT be allowed on wwww.armorgames.com
First, there are younger children on here who don't like to see it because they are too young to see it.
Next, some people are old enough to see it, but maybe they don't like it period.
Finally, maybe www.armorgames.com should automatically put a * when they detect a cuss word! It would make much more sense due to some children on here who CANNOT see it because they are not allowed to...what do you think? Please respond! I want to see what you think! Cussing bothers me and I know it is bad...I just want to see what others are thinking...but please...don't just put random cussing things on here... Thank you very much... and also... Armorgames rocks!

• 44 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I'm not going to completely stress my point with a whole lot of evidence and logic, unless, of course, it's necessary and someone asks for it.

I am (for the most part) for maintaining the system which we have currently. In fact, I'm aware of several vulgar words that aren't censored. Among them, no, I don't think "hell," &quotenis" or "vagina" should be censored; however, 2 of the words I believe should be censored are b***** and c***** (censored for the sake of not having this post deleted). The two words I previously mentioned have no sense in being used except for being used as an insult. Now, come on people, let's grow up: we don't need to insult each other in such a barbaric fashion. As a result, we don't need these words.

As for the claims that some words should be allowed because they have reasoning to be used outside of an insulting environment are ridiculous. Okay, so the "A word" means donkey. Now, how many times a year are you ACTUALLY going to use this word for it's non-insulting meaning? Why can't you just say "donkey" and be on with it? Is it absolutely necessary to unblock it? If it were, for some asinine reason, unblocked, then how many people would use it for its insulting meaning? Most, if not all.

Okay, okay, okay. So little kids know what all the swears are and what they mean. Does that make it acceptable to use them? In my opinion (and I've seen it happen), swearing does naught lead to problems. You can make your point without swearing and, frankly, swearing does nothing but make your point sound overly vulgar and, as a result, essentially discredits you. So sometimes one swear word might make you sound a bit more convicted of your point - I understand that, and I use swears to sound convicted myself. But they aren't solely necessary, and the bad outweighs the good.

The final problem I see with censorship is that it restrains you in the AMW. Honestly, it isn't all that bad to simply give up swearing in your writing. Like I said earlier, I'm sure you'd rather adapt your writing skill to avoid swearing than to get into a debate in the WEPR and have your opponent insult you with every word in the book. No one likes nonsense like that, and I'm hard pressed to say that people wouldn't mind using asterisks. So, if you're going to come back and say &quoteople can still swear you out," well, asterisks look pretty stupid.

Again, I tried condensing my argument as much as possible. I'd be happy to elaborate if needed.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I don't think censorship here is necessary. People already rarely use curse words and there are rules against using too much of them, so why not allow it. All it'd do is let you read what people have to say.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Saying 'go to Hell' is using it "with God" as it is using it in the sense of the Christian place of Hell
Fun Fact: It is actually against our belief system to wish for someone to hell, or say you think they should go to hell, or . . . in the Christian sense.

~~~Darth Caedus
matrixdiscoking
matrixdiscoking
130 posts
Nomad

if we allow cussing in forums then that might be bad.
the forums are open for everyone to see even if u r not a loser so if a little kid saw the F-bomb then that could lead to some problemos

matrixdiscoking
matrixdiscoking
130 posts
Nomad

sorry about double post but i meant to say user instead of loser

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Fun Fact: It is actually against our belief system to wish for someone to hell, or say you think they should go to hell, or . . . in the Christian sense.

I'm aware of this...but saying it is still saying it "with God"..or with the idea of God in mind. If I need to explain I guess I will..hopefully my point is understood..a bit tired

I don't know. Sometimes a sentence just isn't the same without a motherfucker or two.

Not goin to lie..I actually didn't catch that at first..even though I thoroughly read it haha it finally clicked..and resulted in a nice lil smile haha good show

As for the AMW, I can KINDA see that

Cherry Picking here..but a small example is a piece of mine..I use ****ation..except..as it is here..the asterisks came up. Now, it isn't that big of a deal, but in my opinion it just adds more attention to that section than is really necessary
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I walk down the street and here a 7-year-old shoot out an exceptionally crude one while texting his 8-year-old buddy on a smart phone.

The world these days... I don't even have a phone c:
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

The world these days... I don't even have a phone c:

Really? Wow, I thought I was the only teenager that didn't have a phone. (Not alone! Yay!)
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Little kids shoundnt have an account on this website, it is for 13 and up, anyways.
Thats your fault if you are some half-pint little kid who sees a "bad" word.
13 and up, folks!
And I dont have a phone either, not even a flip phone, so...
I have an iPod touch .

TerminatorXM214
TerminatorXM214
222 posts
Blacksmith

Hey, waddya know. Here I was think every 8 year old had one, and there are other people over 12 who don't.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

in my opinion, it doesn't matter either way whether or not we allow curse words. I see both sides of the issue (allowing might lead to abuse/ prohibiting is unnecessary because of the fact we all know them by about the age of 12), but i still prefer the system the way it is because if those cursing 10 year olds who play call of duty online is any indication, then we should best keep the filter.

-Blade

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Swearing is not allowed on Armor Games. "Hell" Isn't considered swearing.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I think it should stay the same. It will get too immature if we allow it.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Swearing is not allowed on Armor Games. "Hell" Isn't considered swearing.

There we go. The administrator has spoken. Current rules are not going to change... I never did get where this thread was headed in the first place.

If not: I didn't think it would.

Why did you try it?
Showing 31-44 of 44