Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

[REQ]The Lyceum: Official Contest - Page One

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 20, '13 at 3:23pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,817 posts

There were no submissions, so there isn't anything to judge. As a result, I'm extending the theme a few more days. I also encourage the other judges to participate as well.

-Round Two-

Theme: Springtime Serenade

Due Date: April 22nd

Primary Judge: Emp

Alternate Judge: Sal

Posted Apr 20, '13 at 10:50pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

2,662 posts

Outside, sunbeams and
pollen stain the world golden,
so I hide inside.
---
Yay, fail haiku X3
And there's no 'serenade' in it :P

Posted Apr 21, '13 at 9:17am

rychus

rychus

1,186 posts

Outside, through the red,
Through the red, follow the bee.
Through the bee, follow,
Follow me.
A stiff breeze and hence a high windchill,
Through the breeze, follow what is.
Follow me under the Oak,
Guidance gives the Bee.
Follow me.

(may not be what your asking for but hey, might as well put something in)

Posted Apr 21, '13 at 1:25pm

Quirinus1

Quirinus1

149 posts

I will write something tomorrow on the day of the deadline.

Posted Apr 22, '13 at 8:46am

Quirinus1

Quirinus1

149 posts

Lyceum contest

Springtime Serenade

Letters to Antonius (1)

Dear Antonius

The best of times is when soft winds care for my face. The soft winds that caressed my father and his father and his father before and his forefather of my forefather. The ideal time to reflect upon the doings of myself and those who came before me is spring. Sweet and gentle and the shining mark in a dark night of a new beginning. The spring brings a serenade of the past to those who wish to listen. Those who listen to green and lush words of the distant sun see the truth in her speech without words.

Which word is which? Books cannot tell. If there only was such a codex of the conscience, if only the hieroglyphs of the mind were open for translation. The apple which reads tei kallistei is full of hidden temptations.

Opposites attract: my reflection is spring, my mind is fall. I must examine myself for my malicious sins. Only that way I can become pure. Only that way I can prove my mental innocence. Was I only but a child, then my youth could be an excuse.

In order to finish this letter I have to pay my literary tax, an hommage; with which I shall honour Seneca:  “Sed nihil est vitium sine patrocinio;”.

Quirinus

Posted Apr 22, '13 at 3:52pm

Hectichermit

Hectichermit

1,132 posts

A void, an empty feel of nothing, a dullness of infinity, an everlasting callous, a singular existence. Anger, anger of a thousand years filled the its thoughts. Then, desperation, desperation for a thousand years filled its thoughts. Then insanity, insanity for a thousand years filled its thought. and finally nothing, nothing...nothing. A singular existence, an everlasting callous, a dullness of infinity, an empty feel of nothing, a void.
    Then a distant presence, one less then a shadow upon a black curtain, the shadow dancing silently, ambiguous motions, but marginally, gradually, growing in definition as the shadow becomes more defined as the black curtain becomes something else. Color, Color, what is the color, the thoughts ponder, something of warmth, then of warmth, the vale of dullness begins to wear more and more the shadow is larger and more defined, then sound a low drumming of sound gradually growing in tempo until its a steady pulse. Thoughts race, the void filled with lost sensation, lost existence. As the red curtain begins to touch, touch of something, a mass, a body. Thoughts linger on the last sensation, one never known. Then the tightness of the curtain pulling against the mass, more and more, until a desperate struggle begins, pushing, more pushing against the crushing space until a tear, the loss of warmth, the weight of  a body, the first breath, thoughts of freedom, eyes open into the light of the world and see the shadow for the first time.
    Eyes blink, haze shifting into shapes, breaking apart the obsidian glass shell with blunt fingers The thing that was a shadow, a stone figure carved with grasping claws holding a burning brazier of oil. Crawling out of the stony shell a blue black creature not more then a couple pounds tumbles out onto the carved stone floor. In the dim light other things gather with the smell of blood in the air. The smell of a living body...

I put my story into a quote to discern story and my own dialog

I began to write it as a starting point of a monster character that was suppose to be for a DnD game, basically the plot is suppose to incorporate a creature that is an evil spirit who is imprisoned by other spirits, but a combination of evil place and evil essence of the creature turns his prison into the means of a real body, that is a body of flesh.

Posted Apr 22, '13 at 4:21pm

Hectichermit

Hectichermit

1,132 posts

:P
didn't check the current theme lol...*facepalm*
Springtime Serenade @.@

Flowers bloom for a flash
another springtime dash
Insects dance to drink deep
the sweet liquid a of blossoms treat
Pollen grasps the backs
masked in scent the of living traps
Then the bloom begins to rot
and the final dance drop
petals in the summers hot sun
the fruit of flowers done
spread the seeds
filling the needs
of the next lot
of empty pots

:P dunno if its poetry or not, because I do not follow any rules that them poems follow I think, lol just was trying to submit something relevant to the current theme

Posted Apr 22, '13 at 5:19pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,817 posts

The window for submissions will close at midnight AG time.

Posted Apr 22, '13 at 6:03pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,783 posts

Knight

Walking one morning through the woods, cool mist meeting my face. The suns gilded beams creep shyly through the bare treetops, leaving the damp soil thirsty for its warmth. Through the wooden pillars I see a majestic deer strolling across the brushwood, grazing the green buds sacrificed by the plants as a vanguard against the winter; old winter loath to finally leave these lands it held so long in its cold embrace.
As I carry onward, my invisible path leads me to the periphery of a large glade at the center of the forest. Stepping into the flooding light, I meet the empty gaze of a lordly white stag, standing amidst a sea of swaying reeds. The animal holds the gaze, and a creeping feeling of drowsiness comes upon me. Mist is rising, all the while I sleepily notice myself falling on the sprouting green moss, radiating life from every inch of my body. Viridescence emanates across the surface of the land. Cernunnos, I heed your calling: I am Spring, I am Life.

Posted Apr 23, '13 at 2:01am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,024 posts

Round is over. Emp will have a judging made sometime in the near future..if not than Sal shall.

After they have completed that..a little surprise of sorts