ForumsPopular MediaThe Song Thrift Shop Is Awesome!!!

12 5891
28 posts
Peasant

When I herd this song I thought it was the best rap song ever! What do you think?

• 12 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

For a hip-hop song from this decade, it's actually pretty decent in my opinion. The funniest part about it for me is that the guy who sings the increasingly famous "20 Dollars in my Pocket" line (Wanz) is over the age of 50.

It's so unfortunate how this generation's rap has given rap a bad rap.

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

It's so unfortunate how this generation's rap has given rap a bad rap.

pun intended i assume?
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

It's pretty catchy. That's all I could say. I'm not really into today's music. Most of it sucks.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

It's pretty catchy. That's all I could say. I'm not really into today's music. Most of it sucks.

(For the love of God, please someone, NEVER make me say that again!!!)

Yes Thrift Shop is a good song. Just like Ernie said the "20 Dollars in my Pocket" part is my favorite, generally speaking is because when I go out shopping I have around 20 dollars with me, so it just reminds me of the good ol' days.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Oops, joke fail. Let me just fix that now...

Aim into that brotha.

(For the love of God, please someone, NEVER make me say that again!!!)

Hehe, buzinga. *runs away*
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I like the sax riff, though it is pretty repetitive. That's about all the song has going for it. Rap these days has mostly just become filler.

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

It's kind of funny but its very explicit some people need the clean version

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

It's kind of funny but its very explicit some people need the clean version

Who listens to rap and gets offended by the explicit language? Hip-hop fans aren't known for being so uptight about things, so it's clearly not the individuals who desire to listen to the music that necessarily prefer the clean version over the naughty one.

The "clean" version is for kids who want to listen to the song in front of their parents without getting slapped. My parents used to be that way when my sister downloaded music with "versions" in elementary school, except they didn't do any actual slapping, which was disappointing because slapping people is funny.
wishfulpoison77
wishfulpoison77
124 posts
Nomad

My parents used to be that way when my sister downloaded music with "versions" in elementary school, except they didn't do any actual slapping, which was disappointing because slapping people is funny.

LOL!
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

The "clean" version is for kids who want to listen to the song in front of their parents without getting slapped.

Lol... I always listen to explicit Eminem and then my dad walks in and is like wtf...
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

It's a bit overrated, but I'm glad Macklemore has gotten some exposure. He was a solid underground rapper before "Thrift Shop" came out.

There're plenty of songs on The Heist that are better though.

Showing 1-11 of 12