Forums

ForumsPopular Media

The Song Thrift Shop Is Awesome!!!

Posted Mar 28, '13 at 8:34pm

25 posts

When I herd this song I thought it was the best rap song ever! What do you think?

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 12:02am

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

For a hip-hop song from this decade, it's actually pretty decent in my opinion. The funniest part about it for me is that the guy who sings the increasingly famous "20 Dollars in my Pocket" line (Wanz) is over the age of 50.

It's so unfortunate how this generation's rap has given rap a bad rap.

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 2:02am

idigit

idigit

259 posts

It's so unfortunate how this generation's rap has given rap a bad rap.

pun intended i assume?

Posted Mar 30, '13 at 4:48pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,505 posts

It's pretty catchy. That's all I could say. I'm not really into today's music. Most of it sucks.

Posted Apr 16, '13 at 5:06pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,262 posts

Knight

It's pretty catchy. That's all I could say. I'm not really into today's music. Most of it sucks.

(For the love of God, please someone, NEVER make me say that again!!!)

Yes Thrift Shop is a good song. Just like Ernie said the "20 Dollars in my Pocket" part is my favorite, generally speaking is because when I go out shopping I have around 20 dollars with me, so it just reminds me of the good ol' days.

Posted Apr 16, '13 at 5:08pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,262 posts

Knight

Oops, joke fail. Let me just fix that now...

Aim into that brotha.

(For the love of God, please someone, NEVER make me say that again!!!)

Hehe, buzinga. *runs away*

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 2:02am

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,222 posts

I like the sax riff, though it is pretty repetitive. That's about all the song has going for it. Rap these days has mostly just become filler.

Posted Apr 20, '13 at 12:37am

Jblaze101

Jblaze101

461 posts

It's kind of funny but its very explicit some people need the clean version

Posted Apr 20, '13 at 4:22am

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,222 posts

It's kind of funny but its very explicit some people need the clean version

Who listens to rap and gets offended by the explicit language? Hip-hop fans aren't known for being so uptight about things, so it's clearly not the individuals who desire to listen to the music that necessarily prefer the clean version over the naughty one.

The "clean" version is for kids who want to listen to the song in front of their parents without getting slapped. My parents used to be that way when my sister downloaded music with "versions" in elementary school, except they didn't do any actual slapping, which was disappointing because slapping people is funny.

Posted Apr 20, '13 at 10:38am

wishfulpoison77

wishfulpoison77

123 posts

My parents used to be that way when my sister downloaded music with "versions" in elementary school, except they didn't do any actual slapping, which was disappointing because slapping people is funny.

LOL!

Reply to The Song Thrift Shop Is Awesome!!!

You must be logged in to post a reply!