Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

More Specific Details on What People Are Doing on AG

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 1:18pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,314 posts

I hate that the only things it says is "[insert name here] is browsing AG" or "[insert name here] is participating in the community" I think it should say things like "[insert name here] is playing Exit Path 2", "[insert name here] is browsing the community.", "[insert name here] is participating in the Forum Games",        "[insert name here] is browsing the strategy games" and "[insert name here] is at the Armor Games homepage" What do you think? Oh, also "[insert name here] is looking at their own profile. How narcissistic!"

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 1:29pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

I think it should say things like "[insert name here] is playing Exit Path 2

It does.

[insert name here] is browsing the community

Really no different than "participating in the community".

"[insert name here] is participating in the Forum Games"

I don't see the point in specifying which forum they're browsing.

"[insert name here] is browsing the strategy games"

It does.

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 2:01pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,314 posts

No, all it says is "is browsing Armor Games" and "is Participating in the community."

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 2:22pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q798/pangtongshu/lastseen_zpsac50c04d.png

Example of what GOM said

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 2:40pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

And this:
http://i.imgur.com/6L2DKeV.png

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 4:07pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,314 posts

I don't see the point in specifying which forum they're browsing.

It shows if you're replying to what you said right now, or playing a forum game.

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 5:01pm

firedog12

firedog12

247 posts

I really don't see the point in much of this. Most people on AG probably don't even care what you're doing on AG. And if they do then they can just ask the user on their profile. Not very hard. Although, I do kind of think that AG should specify which thread you're in (or at least show which section you are in of the forum) because you may have a friend who enjoys talking in a certain thread and you may also enjoy the thread and you would like to talk about it with someone you know better. But then again, that's what the thing that shows who has done the latest post in the thread is for. So I can sort of see where GhostOfMatrix may be headed. (I said may because he could have been saying it for a different reason, or perhaps he just thinks it's useless.) I think I might be thinking about this too much.

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 5:16pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

It's a feature that doesn't serve big purpose, but it doesn't hurt to add if they have the time.

What I would like though is an option to turn it off.

Reply to More Specific Details on What People Are Doing on AG

You must be logged in to post a reply!