Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"Lumineers" song "Ho Hey" overrated?

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 6:05pm

firedog12

firedog12

247 posts

I personally think this band and this song is way overrated. There's so much better indie bands out there that deserve way more credit. I think that they're just going to be one hit wonders. What do you guys think? Overrated, or not...?

By the way, if you're into indie music you should listen to Various Cruelties. I'm not advertising them. I'm just suggesting it to people who like indie.

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 6:51pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,230 posts

I have heard of neither the band or song..link?

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 7:03pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

3,993 posts

Official video. I think I've probably heard this song once before, and I'm now able to confirm that I don't care for it.

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 7:21pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,230 posts

Oh yeah..this song

"I belong with you, you belong with
Let's have..seeex"

Right?

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 8:22pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,087 posts

never heard of it befor. i can't say it's overrated here. and i dont think it will get many fans here either. it sounds pretty bad.

(indie bands? really?)

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 8:54pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,098 posts

I've heard only portions of it and yes, it's overrated. Them say "hey....ho..." over and over and over is annoying. Only some songs can actually pull it off.

Saying "Hey!" a bunch of times in your song:
"Little Talks," Of Monsters and Men: SUCCESS
"Ho Hey," The Lumineers: FAILED

I stop everything I'm doing when "Little Talks" comes on. Gotta love that. No one had ever heard of that band until they posted a music video for that one song. 54 million views later, it's on Mix radio every other day.

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 11:00pm

daleks

daleks

3,176 posts

Omg. Little Talks is so overplayed. I don't think any song is really overrated, just overplayed. There will always be people that dislike and like a song. Just part of life. The O Hey song isn't bad but I don't love it. Just meh. Haven't heard it tons so it does not bug me.

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 11:27pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,549 posts

Yes... Way too overrated. And the song is really short... I don't like it that much.

Posted Mar 30, '13 at 12:49pm

firedog12

firedog12

247 posts

The reason I brought up the topic of them being overrated is because they got nominees for "Best New Artist" in the Grammy's and the song isn't even that good. They play the song a lot of times in the radio as well. Terrible song in my opinion.

never heard of it befor. i can't say it's overrated here. and i dont think it will get many fans here either. it sounds pretty bad.

(indie bands? really?)

I'm not even into indie bands fan I just like this indie band and I think they deserve more recognition than a band with their most famous song being called "Ho Hey".

Posted Mar 30, '13 at 2:03pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,937 posts

Knight

Well, it's one of those songs that's currently played every day in the radio these days.. I think it sounds nice, but that's it.

Anyway there are many other songs, often much more annoying, playing in the radio all day long. I'd rather hear "Ho Hey" ten times than Rihanna's stupid diamond shine thing ever again.

And I hope you don't choose your music depending on how many Grammy's or other awards it has, or else you're gonna have a few letdowns :P

Reply to "Lumineers" song "Ho Hey" overrated?

You must be logged in to post a reply!