ForumsPopular Media"Lumineers" song "Ho Hey" overrated?

16 5922
firedog12
firedog12
240 posts

I personally think this band and this song is way overrated. There's so much better indie bands out there that deserve way more credit. I think that they're just going to be one hit wonders. What do you guys think? Overrated, or not...?

By the way, if you're into indie music you should listen to Various Cruelties. I'm not advertising them. I'm just suggesting it to people who like indie.

• 16 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

I have heard of neither the band or song..link?

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,492 posts

Official video. I think I've probably heard this song once before, and I'm now able to confirm that I don't care for it.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

Oh yeah..this song

"I belong with you, you belong with
Let's have..seeex"

Right?

partydevil
partydevil
5,170 posts

never heard of it befor. i can't say it's overrated here. and i dont think it will get many fans here either. it sounds pretty bad.

(indie bands? really?)

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

I've heard only portions of it and yes, it's overrated. Them say "hey....ho..." over and over and over is annoying. Only some songs can actually pull it off.

Saying "Hey!" a bunch of times in your song:
"Little Talks," Of Monsters and Men: SUCCESS
"Ho Hey," The Lumineers: FAILED

I stop everything I'm doing when "Little Talks" comes on. Gotta love that. No one had ever heard of that band until they posted a music video for that one song. 54 million views later, it's on Mix radio every other day.

daleks
daleks
3,791 posts

Omg. Little Talks is so overplayed. I don't think any song is really overrated, just overplayed. There will always be people that dislike and like a song. Just part of life. The O Hey song isn't bad but I don't love it. Just meh. Haven't heard it tons so it does not bug me.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,795 posts

Yes... Way too overrated. And the song is really short... I don't like it that much.

firedog12
firedog12
240 posts

The reason I brought up the topic of them being overrated is because they got nominees for "Best New Artist" in the Grammy's and the song isn't even that good. They play the song a lot of times in the radio as well. Terrible song in my opinion.

never heard of it befor. i can't say it's overrated here. and i dont think it will get many fans here either. it sounds pretty bad.

(indie bands? really?)

I'm not even into indie bands fan I just like this indie band and I think they deserve more recognition than a band with their most famous song being called "Ho Hey".
HahiHa
HahiHa
6,614 posts

Well, it's one of those songs that's currently played every day in the radio these days.. I think it sounds nice, but that's it.

Anyway there are many other songs, often much more annoying, playing in the radio all day long. I'd rather hear "Ho Hey" ten times than Rihanna's stupid diamond shine thing ever again.

And I hope you don't choose your music depending on how many Grammy's or other awards it has, or else you're gonna have a few letdowns :P

wishfulpoison77
wishfulpoison77
126 posts

Uh yeah. I hate it. It is awful. What's the hype?

firedog12
firedog12
240 posts

And I hope you don't choose your music depending on how many Grammy's or other awards it has, or else you're gonna have a few letdowns

I just said that because I think that they don't even deserve to be nominees.
partydevil
partydevil
5,170 posts

I'm not even into indie bands fan I just like this indie band

indie bands? really? indie bands?

WTF is a indie band?
is that how we call small infamous bands that have no discography yet, these days?

I'd rather hear "Ho Hey" ten times than Rihanna's stupid diamond shine thing ever again.

i agree that those shiny diamonds are very annoying for months already.
but this ho hey song is just plain bad. what is wrong whit all those radio boys that they play these bad songs every day? i rather listen to the muppets radio. xD

I just said that because I think that they don't even deserve to be nominees.

this song doesn't deserve a video clip.
wishfulpoison77
wishfulpoison77
126 posts

Rihanna isn't that bad. I actually kind of like "Diamonds". It's better than this Ho Hey garbage.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
521 posts

So, you don't like a song.

What would you recommend, in the same genre, that is "better"?

I personally am neutral about it.

HahiHa
HahiHa
6,614 posts

Rihanna isn't that bad. I actually kind of like "Diamonds". It's better than this Ho Hey garbage.

It's just opinions of course... but that "shine bright like a diamond" she always sings sounds retarded, way worse than the shouted "ho hey" IMO. The Lumineers song may not be a very good song, but it's not that bad, seriously.
Showing 1-15 of 16