ForumsForum GamesLet's Help Make The World A Better Place

21 6126
TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

I want to start this and I want to start it now so here it goes!

What You Do: I will give you a senario and you have to make the world better! To make it better you have to have to make a decision that could be done with the current state of the area. Nobody (except me maybe...) will know what the decision will do until it happens. It may even cause a chain reaction or do something that you may not think would happen because of past decisions.

Rules: You CAN (not a typo, I mean can) make any decision that the civilization would be able to do in their current state. And no being mean about someone else's choice, it may lead up to the flourishing (flourishment, whatever word you would use in this context) of the society. And (get the cheese shields) have fun!

I will be posting the first scenario shortly (it's late...kinda, and I don't feel creative ATM). So before that happens, feel free to leave your criticism on this forum game! #WaitThisIsntInstagram (I'm so sorry I couldn't resist)

• 21 Replies
TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

Ok well here comes the new beginning!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Side note* If you wouldn't mind, play this as you read: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGwfa1CF5Yo
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Introduction: This is a game about survival. You need no stat sheet; you need no name. All you do is create the most habitable living area for a certain group of people at their current living place. You may be asking "why". To that I answer: Pretend these people are your best friends, your family, the ones you love most. You must help them survive, or they WILL DIE. To do this you must tell them what to do. You must tell them what to build, where to go, and simply what to do. They only have so much to use and only have so much around them. It is your job to have this wasteland form into one of the most safe and habitable place the people have seen sense they got there.

Your Role: You are watching the people from a secluded location you don't even know. You are to help these people survive by giving them directions. But that is all you can do. You can't build them a time machine. You can't do anything you wouldn't be able to do if you were in their shoes. All you do is tell them what to do and hope. (And yes, the way I will be keeping the amounts in everything is i.e Wood = 26, Grass = 9)

Stats: The current set of people will have a names. They will also have stats of their own, and an overall stat sheet for if you tell them to do something as a group. If you send 3 people or less to do a task then they will use their respective stats. If you send more than 3 people, however, they will use the main sheet for the whole community. The stats that are in this version of this game are (in order): Hunger, Thirst, Energy, and Temperature. All stats will be in a x/100 ("x" being a variable) form and will be used like this:

Hunger: If at 0/100 for a long enough period the people/person will die of starvation. Hunger depletes slightly faster if the people/person aren't preoccupied. (Tip: If you're low on Hunger, it would be a great time to hunt for some small/defenseless animals).

Thirst: Same as Hunger, but will deplete even faster if the people/person is doing a very intensive task. (Tip: To avoid dying of thirst, make a rain capture as soon as possible).

Energy: Energy almost doesn't get depleted if the people/person is not active in an activity, but will, again, deplete even faster if the people/person is doing a very intensive task. (Tip: Try having people do tasks in shifts. It's slower, but more consistent).

Temperature: 50/100 is the perfect temperature, and survivors will be able to do anything as best as possible (in the temperature part effect) in this climate. If the temperature is 20 or lower, they could die of hypothermia, and if the temperature is over 80 then they could of heatstroke. (Tip: If they're too hot, have them just sit under a shelter/shaded area)

The Area: The area you start in will affect pretty much everything you do. It affects the temperature, which in turn changes the length in which the survivors can to an outdoor task. It also affects the type of animals that roam around your survivors. The people have to adapt to the weather, or else they won't be able to accomplish anything.
*And cue music fade out*

I will be adding more to this game as time goes on, but for now - the first area.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/85/Hutong_Barren_Wasteland.jpg

Stats (Survivors):

Jay Daren:

Hunger: 50/100

Thirst: 50/100

Energy: 50/100

Temperature: 50/100

Thoughts: "Where are we?"

Alexis Omaren:

Thoughts: "Uhhh...why is my vision so blurry?"

Trinity Netrosk:

Thoughts "It feels like I just went to space at 5000 miles per hour. WHat happened?"
Stats (Group):

Resources: None
Thank you for reading all the way through! This took a lot of time so if you could, please a least tell me what you thought about this, if you're not going to leave a question or play the game. And to everyone else, I ask you (you don't need to) to tell me what you think, leave a question, leave some criticism/suggestions, and enjoy the game! Operators will be standing by to respond to your comments.

TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

Well then I'll be waiting!

TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

I'm still waiting...any time now...please?

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I'll go into the city to see if I can find some resources. I'll leave Jay behind with Trinity because Jay seems a bit more delusional than Trinity and he may need looking after, and I'll take Alexis with me because she can't see very well at this moment and she can't be left alone. I figure no more than two people need to hold down the fort or go into town, but just one doing either job could be dangerous, and putting the most delusional person with the person with the weakest vision is a disaster waiting to happen, so I figure I'll take one of them with me into town while the other stays behind to become reoriented. I figure Alexis' vision will return to its normal state after about 15 minutes or so, so she would probably end up being the most useful person to help me with this particular task at this moment.

TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/178/9/b/abandoned_city_by_michelebotticelli-d3k5o3w.jpg

As Alexis rummages through some old cars, she sees a manhole cover that has been moved. It could be extremely useful later on, but for now, she leaves it there and goes back to Jay and Trinity.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/85/Hutong_Barren_Wasteland.jpg
Stats (Survivors):

Jay Daren:

Hunger: 49/100 (Level 1)

Thirst: 49/100 (Level 1)

Energy: 50/100 (Level 1)

Temperature: 50/100 (Level 1)

Thoughts: "Oh good, she's back"

Alexis Omaren:

Hunger: 50/100 (Level 1)

Thirst: 50/100 (Level 1)

Energy: 46/100 (Level 1)

Temperature: 51/100 (Level 1)

Thoughts: "Should I tell them? No, I'll wait. They'll be fine not knowing."

Trinity Netrosk:

Hunger: 50/100 (Level 1)

Thirst: 50/100 (Level 1)

Energy: 50/100 (Level 1)

Temperature: 50/100 (Level 1)

Thoughts: "WHAT WAS - oh. We're safe. We're ok."
Stats (Group):

Hunger: 50/100 Hunger: 50/100

Resources:

Metal: 0

Wood: 0

Cloth: 0

Weapons: N/A

Items: Flashlight (Battery: N/A), CD (Labeled "Explosive Mix&quot (Genre - Electronic), Backpack

Food: N/A

Water: N/A
As I'v been saying, there will be a lot more added ranging from more detail and organization to the people having conversations and having more things happen per "turn". And BTW, this is a VERY open ended game, think outside the box, there will be more to explore then you think...

TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

I get it. You don't like me Well that sucks but meh. Good luck with whatever you're doing...what are you doing?

Showing 16-21 of 21