Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

bring back the old armour points

Posted Apr 15, '13 at 9:17am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,164 posts

Knight

I miss the AP farmers. Man, I do miss them.

Posted Apr 15, '13 at 7:30pm

boppins

boppins

535 posts

Administrator

We'll get around to adding something that will breed fame & competition, in a more "numeric" fashion.  You do have quests though!

Posted Apr 15, '13 at 11:54pm

thisisbob

thisisbob

2 posts

I would really like the old points back. There is no point of commenting really with the new point system. I love the quests of course, keep them, it gives me something to do. But I would really like for the old armor point system to come back. Thanks. :)

Posted Apr 16, '13 at 1:42am

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,219 posts

There is no point of commenting really with the new point system.

Comment if you have something to say, don't comment if you don't. That's the purpose of the comment feature. I don't see why you'd need a point system to figure that out.

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 12:04am

Jblaze101

Jblaze101

461 posts

so you cant get new ranks anymore?

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 12:57am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

so you cant get new ranks anymore?

You cannot get ranks or armor points anymore.

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 1:40am

FateIsEscaped

FateIsEscaped

19 posts

How about making the quests worth 100 points each.

But.

As more people earn each quest make the point worth lower and lower.

For example, simply tally up how many people got each quest and rank those quests on a scale from 1 to 100, site wide.

This will help provide a more organic measure of a person's quest skill.

The only question might be, would the score get lower and lower as more people play the game for people who already earned the quest? Or would it lock in at the higher number for that player?

This could encourage people to be very eager for playing new quests. This might be a good thing because new games mean no walkthroughs, so in a way they are earning it harder.

The bad point would be easier quests would not go organically down to how easy they truly are.

Or perhaps a halfway system. PlayerA gets quest done at 100 points, but it's so easy for so many players it falls down to being a quest worth 20 points. So instead of being worth 100 or 20 points, make it worth ((100 - 20)/2 - 100) which would be 60 points. This system would reward early play, but temper it with how popular the game is.

Or you could have a combination scoring system.

Like the person's quest score for his profile would not be a single number, but two numbers (using the  previous example) as...

20 (+80)

The 20 indicates the current worth of the quest. But the 80 indicates he got the quest when it was at 100. (20+80)

In this way, people can compare each other's quest skill due to easiness, but also compare their "Armor Games Fan!" score, the bonus points. (the +80 for being an early bird)

Maybe this way covers all bases, since any player can mentally match up the score they way THEY think best. (some might only think the first number is important (20!), some the combination (100!), some based on some equation (60!))

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 2:37am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

...OR

You could just have it similar to Kong. Where "easy" ranked quests receive relatively low points...medium receive a few more, etc. The higher the difficulty, the more points awarded

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 3:27pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,049 posts

You could just have it similar to Kong. Where "easy" ranked quests receive relatively low points...medium receive a few more, etc. The higher the difficulty, the more points awarded

Exactly. The Quests are already labeled "Easy" "Medium" and "Hard." Just assign points per Quest difficulty. Also, I'm not sure if they need to be in the "hundreds" range.

Another idea is that, instead of saying how many points you have, give players a "Quest Score." So, unlike the previous "I have 2,500 Armor Points!" it could be "My quest score is 2,500!" because it would be too cliche to just change the word Armor to Quest. Granted, you would reach that number by earning points, but it would be cooler to have it labeled as a score instead of a tally.

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 3:38pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,049 posts

(some might only think the first number is important (20!), some the combination (100!), some based on some equation (60!))

Yeah, but then there's no way to tell who's really doing better if the scores are relative. I think you've got too much math going on. As the game revolves around playing games and talking on forums, the "points" are just a bonus. You don't want it to be complicated or on different levels of importance. It's easiest, and more efficient and fair, to keep everyone on a flat playing field with a single total.

As more people earn each quest make the point worth lower and lower

See, that would just tick me off. I'm going on a cruise for a week. I don't want a batch of Quests to come out and then come back and find out I lost the chance to earn a full score. It's not about getting there faster and finishing it, it's about finishing it. You would also end up with a LOT of angry gamers who worked hard to earn quests and get ranked low even though they did the same thing. And it wouldn't be fun anymore! You would be playing the game just to earn points as fast as possible instead of playing the game because the game is fun.

Reply to bring back the old armour points

You must be logged in to post a reply!