ForumsNews and Feedbackbring back the old armour points

34 13144
proshots
proshots
24 posts
Nomad

remember the old armour points? they used to give us a leaderboarrd and everything and gave some competition the the site, now there is nothing, please sign this pettition by saying 'i agree' so that we can get it back! much appriciated
thanks

• 34 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

They're not going to bring back armor points, but they may add quest points.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

i DONT agree.

Sooner or later they will bring a new system (maybe quest related... or something other, we will see), but Armor-Points are gone.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

I liked them, and i like the quests. I would like to see the updates like the clan updates and I would like to see ranks back but AP, i think it is a valid loss.

mark49
mark49
6 posts
Templar

I'm totally agree. I thinks it's more fun when there is competition !

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

I wish.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

It's been hard getting used to this new point-free system, but the question then becomes, are we not better off without it?

Do I miss the free two points you get from rating a game, whether or not you've actually played it? No.
Do I miss the abuse of the rating feature? No.
Do I miss the relentless chat-spammers and game comment abusers who racked up AP without contributing anything to the site and almost never got caught? Hell no.
Do I miss every single loophole that developed with the old point system as the site grew larger? I wouldn't say that I do.

Do I miss the old AP system in general? Yes, I do, because it was so easy to get used to and almost flawless in theory, but in reality it was so full of holes that Swiss cheese died laughing at it. So answers my original question, yes, we are better off without AP.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Do I miss the ranks? YES!
I'm stuck at a Silver Prince forever now!
Do I miss the competition? YES!
Now, I have to calculate my potential AP by hand!

Signed X.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I miss the AP farmers. Man, I do miss them.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

We'll get around to adding something that will breed fame & competition, in a more "numeric" fashion. You do have quests though!

thisisbob
thisisbob
5 posts
Jester

I would really like the old points back. There is no point of commenting really with the new point system. I love the quests of course, keep them, it gives me something to do. But I would really like for the old armor point system to come back. Thanks.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

There is no point of commenting really with the new point system.

Comment if you have something to say, don't comment if you don't. That's the purpose of the comment feature. I don't see why you'd need a point system to figure that out.
Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

so you cant get new ranks anymore?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

so you cant get new ranks anymore?

You cannot get ranks or armor points anymore.
FateIsEscaped
FateIsEscaped
19 posts
Peasant

How about making the quests worth 100 points each.

But.

As more people earn each quest make the point worth lower and lower.

For example, simply tally up how many people got each quest and rank those quests on a scale from 1 to 100, site wide.

This will help provide a more organic measure of a person's quest skill.

The only question might be, would the score get lower and lower as more people play the game for people who already earned the quest? Or would it lock in at the higher number for that player?

This could encourage people to be very eager for playing new quests. This might be a good thing because new games mean no walkthroughs, so in a way they are earning it harder.

The bad point would be easier quests would not go organically down to how easy they truly are.

Or perhaps a halfway system. PlayerA gets quest done at 100 points, but it's so easy for so many players it falls down to being a quest worth 20 points. So instead of being worth 100 or 20 points, make it worth ((100 - 20)/2 - 100) which would be 60 points. This system would reward early play, but temper it with how popular the game is.

Or you could have a combination scoring system.

Like the person's quest score for his profile would not be a single number, but two numbers (using the previous example) as...

20 (+80)

The 20 indicates the current worth of the quest. But the 80 indicates he got the quest when it was at 100. (20+80)

In this way, people can compare each other's quest skill due to easiness, but also compare their "Armor Games Fan!" score, the bonus points. (the +80 for being an early bird)

Maybe this way covers all bases, since any player can mentally match up the score they way THEY think best. (some might only think the first number is important (20!), some the combination (100!), some based on some equation (60!))

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

...OR

You could just have it similar to Kong. Where "easy" ranked quests receive relatively low points...medium receive a few more, etc. The higher the difficulty, the more points awarded

Showing 1-15 of 34