Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Strike Force Heroes 2 In-Depth Guide (By: Reton8)

Posted May 13, '13 at 7:02pm

dracodraco100

dracodraco100

1 post

For the missiles in Last Hope, I might help to hide directly beside the wall next to them. It will take a bit of time to curve, allowing the second missiles to fire. You can jump onto the platform and allow the first set to explode on the wall, The second pair should curve into the wall as well.

Posted May 15, '13 at 10:10pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,274 posts

Unfortunately draco, that isn't quite true, the second set of missiles won't spawn until just after the first missiles hit the wall, so you will need to dodge those by jumping on the edge of the wall.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted May 30, '13 at 2:51pm

xgusstavx

xgusstavx

1 post

is been great

Posted Jun 2, '13 at 11:37pm

GavinJ99

GavinJ99

1 post

the broken thing, not true, because i got a broken MK 14, and it had much better stats than the shredding G3 that i got as a jack pot for the slot machine the mission before. the only advantage in the G3 was that it had slightly more ammo, which was fixed with a extended mags attachment. Also, your guide seems very opinionated in the sense that you only recommend the shotguns and the sniper rifles, which seems like that's what you were good at, but not everyone fights the same as you. A better guide would recommend good weapons for all weapon types, which is why more than one person writes guides like this, to prevent it from being opinionated and specified to one person.

Posted Jun 3, '13 at 4:08am

Reton8

Reton8

2,665 posts

First of all this can be found on the first page at the bottom of my guide:

If you notice any errors in this guide, know of a better strategy, or have a strategy for something that is not discussed please feel free to post about it in the thread and please notify me Reton8 on my profile (just click the link to go to my profile).

For all the people complaining that the guide is opinionated. This guide is open to all users input. Not only is the guide open to all users input, but I have noticed that all the people that have complained about the guide being opinionated offer no alternative or useful strategies themselves.

@GavinJ99

You are not correct about the broken "thing". What I said about it is true. Here is what I said:

1.) Let's start off with the biggest no-brainier-tip of the entire game. Never bother to ever use any primary weapon, secondary weapon, weapon attachment, or armour that is broken. The negative side effects of a broken item are huge and crippling. Also, it is far too easy to find that same component in a better state. Use normal quality or higher items in all instances.]

let me clarify this more.
I am saying do not use broken weapons of the same type. GavinJ99, you are comparing two different weapon types. The MK 14 may be  a better weapon than the G3 but you are comparing two separate weapons. Any MK 14 you receive that is not broken should be better than a broken MK 14 of the same level.

In essence, you are using a broken MK 14, when you can save your game, refresh your browser page, and then visit the store. There will now be all new weapons in the store. Then, just look for a not broken MK 14. If there isn't one repeat that process. I doubt it will take you very long before you find an MK 14 that is not broken.

Also, your guide seems very opinionated in the sense that you only recommend the shotguns and the sniper rifles.

I did fail to mention the Shredding Cerberus is an effective weapon and that some dual wield options are solid choices for the General. That being said,

1.) The sniper solider should stick to sniper rifles.The sniper rifles have long range, do high damage, and often get 1 shot kills. Also, the Sniper soldier's stats are not suited for use with automatic weapons like the Engineer or Mercenary.

2.) The Juggernaut can use elemental weapons, grenade launchers, or shotguns.
Elemental weapons are a joke. They have poor range,  do low damage, most of the elemental effects are too weak (aside from acid), and most of the elemental weapons can also cause yourself damage and kill you. Next, Grenade launchers are more difficult to aim than other weapons due to arcing projectiles. Also, grenade launchers have poor range due to arcing projectiles, and players can more easily dodge the projectiles of grenade launchers due to the slowness of projectiles and the fact that some projectiles bounce before they explode giving the players time to get out of the way. Lastly grenade launchers can hurt and kill you.

3.) The General can equip shotguns that land one hit kills, while magnums require a few more shots than the shotgun. I feel magnums are solid weapons, have larger clips, and more range then shotguns also. But, I feel the shotgun just narrowly edges out the magnums. Shotguns can do 1 hit kills so you will not have to spend as much time in firefights. That means taking less damage and the ability to sneak up and one shot kill enemies. One shot kills leads to taking less damage.

4.) Engineers, this class is weak all around. Most of their kill streaks and passive skills are weak compared to other classes. Also, engineers cannot do as much damage as Mercenaries or Generals. All three classes use very similar type guns. To clarify,  SMGs, assault rifles,  machine guns, and magnums (with the General's Full Auto Passive Skill active) are all very similar type weapons. All those weapon types have quick firing rates, medium to large size clips, medium to long range, and medium to high damage (but not as high damage as shotguns or sniper rifles).
Because the engineer class is weak it shouldn't be used (except for a few instances were he has an advantage). This means none of his weapon choices are worth considering because the class isn't worth playing. (I'm writing this guide to help players win with more ease, not have a harder challenge.)

5.) My experience with the Mercenary is that his best weapon is the Shredding Cerberus. It has a long range, high damage, super quick firing rate, lots of ammo, and does not need to be reloaded.
The rocket launchers are decent weapons, and can act like Sniper Rifles (doing one hit kills at long range), but they have flaws.
Rocket Launchers get one shot before a reload. Sniper rifles usually get at least 4 shots if not more before reload.
Rockets travel slowly to the target and in some instances can be dodges, especially with the homing rocket launchers. Sometimes these homing rocket launchers home onto a different enemy than the one you wish to aim at. The homing rockets often curve toward the wrong target and blow up on walls and ceiling in the process. Sniper rifles do not have this problem.
Lastly, rocket launchers can kill you if you are not careful. Sniper rifles do not have this problem.

6.) This game is 2D and most maps are not that large. You often find yourself in combat (it's rare that you camp somewhere) because the maps are not huge and the game is 2D. For this I see it best to enter combat, kill enemies quickly (One hit kills with shotguns and sniper rifles) and continue on. If you use a weaker automatic gun you end up spending much more time in combat. This leaves you open to third parties attacking you and the enemy you are firing at has more time to fire at you.

These are the reasons I recommend sniper rifles and shotguns above the other weapons. I don't know what to say.

Also,  Look at this page on my profile:

http://armorgames.com/user/Reton8/4

I have all the quests completed for this game. Not only that, I have all the solider classes at level 50. Documented here (A few posts from the top).
And I have beaten the story on insane. Documented here (third post on page).
I also have beaten all the challenges on insane except for Defection and have all the medals except for insanity.

Even if you consider my guided opinionated my opinion valued and valuable. My play technique and style has gotten me very far in the game as shown above. Unlike yourself you don't even have all the quests completed on Armor Games or even have one character at level 50, documentation here, unless you are playing the game more frequently on a different site.

Posted Jun 3, '13 at 4:11am

Reton8

Reton8

2,665 posts

*Even if you consider my guided opinionated, my opinion should be valued and valuable.

Posted Jun 3, '13 at 12:45pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,274 posts

Reton, you haven't completed my challenge on insane yet? (I call it my challenge because I suggested it to Justin, which you would know if you watch the credits)

He made it easier again, now you have one ally that doesn't defect.

Also, if you see me as you play, beware if I am using a sniper, if I am not, you should do fine.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Jun 3, '13 at 5:07pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,665 posts

Reton, you haven't completed my challenge on insane yet? (I call it my challenge because I suggested it to Justin, which you would know if you watch the credits)

No, lol. I was going to finish that challenge and then I was working on the how much experience you get for killing what type of enemy.

Also, I have been working on how much experience is needed per each level. I do this by facing one enemy in custom games. I then Kill that  enemy about 50 or so times. The experience gained for that enemy is the same each kill., this way I can multiple the experience I get for killing that level enemy by  the number of kills for the particular round. To keep things accurate, when I get near to gaining a level, I start a new match against a level 1 enemy. This way the experience bar will start the next level closer to 0 than to some number indeterminably amount more than that. I hope this makes sense.

I wanted to retool the whole guide and upload it to another place and then link to it here. I would go over each weapon type in depth, have the experience tables and what not.
But, It all has been taking me awhile. Also, I got side tracked by real life stuff and other Armor Games stuff so I put it aside.

Finally (lol), I get upset when people say the guide is opinionated. I know my guide may come across biased, probably because I wrote the original part before I had level 50 on each character. But that's only the original part. I have updated the guide several times, mentioned that the guide is open to other players strategies, which I hope I have included in a precise manner.

I still don't see how sniper rifle and shotgun could be beaten out by any other weapon (except if you miss your shot and have to reload during medium to close range combat. Which this leaves you open to attack). However, after playing more, I see that the Shredding Cerberus,  some magnums, and some rocket launchers are very close seconds to sniper rifles and shotguns.

Posted Jun 4, '13 at 10:53am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,274 posts

I am 87% sure that leveling up always sets your xp to zero, so you don't need to worry about that.

As for the rest, you need to take a break.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Jun 4, '13 at 5:24pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,665 posts

I am 87% sure that leveling up always sets your xp to zero

It looks like it does reset it to zero. Oh, wait I remember lol. If I only have a little bit off experience to gain (like a sliver of one bar) and I kill an enemy worth a lot of exp, I won't know how much of that exp went to leveling and how much was wasted. That's why I faced level one enemies before leveling. lol

Reply to Strike Force Heroes 2 In-Depth Guide (By: Reton8)

You must be logged in to post a reply!