Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Strike Force Heroes 2 In-Depth Guide (By: Reton8)

Posted Jun 7, '13 at 4:35pm

lhing1

lhing1

1 post

Hi, there. I just want to say the Engineer is useless one in the game, as i rise it to 50 first. when i choose 4 to 4 domain in Impossible difficudity (50 level), It does not have enough armor(or hp) can support you in a face to face shooting to other unit. It also do not have enough fire power to kill other before they take you (as what the sniper do). the machine will disappear since the player is been elimated(not like the powerful land mine of the Commander in SF1).

The only powerful weapon i found for Engineer is Throwing Knife (secondly weapon). It will has distance like sniper rife when bouncing in ground, high damage per hit and 60 of them together (in level 50) with no need of reload. I believe it is the best side arm in game and all class (however i acturally hard to see the AI use side arm in combat)

I couldn't find the 'Blast Plate Armor' in Engineer class, all the armor i can see were:Military Jacket; Aerogel Case; Superalloy Vest; Magnetic Shield and Kevlar Vest. The one that increase hp was very powerfull, but the rate is changed from 40% to 30 due to balancing..... >_

Posted Jun 9, '13 at 5:17am

Reton8

Reton8

2,665 posts

Hi, there. I just want to say the Engineer is useless one in the game

Ahh yes, the engineer class doesn't do much.

Posted Jun 9, '13 at 7:18am

dav123

dav123

95 posts

I loveeeee the juggernaut, he's a level 50.

Posted Jun 9, '13 at 5:03pm

grishnakh

grishnakh

1 post

Did they nerf the 8% magnetic armor for juggernaut?  I can't seem to find any, I know they used to have it.  Also, sweet guide.

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 8:59am

EMan2938

EMan2938

4 posts

You may be wrong on the Bolt action sniper rifles. i started playing with a dragunov and i can get two shot kills

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 11:55pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,665 posts

You may be wrong on the Bolt action sniper rifles. i started playing with a dragunov and i can get two shot kills

Yeah, I did want to get the guide out early so the first part, although long, was written when I had played the game a lot but not as thoroughly as I have now.

I was planning on doing a full rewrite, going over each individual weapon type, attachment,  armor, class, killstreak, and passive skill  and stating their strengths and weakness.
This would be much better for the weapons section, Instead of just recommending my preferred and, what I see as, the best weapons.
I also planned on adding the amount of experience needed to grow each level, the cost of the slot machine at each level, and experience per enemy kill in certain modes of play (the last part I already added).
I have some of the data, but I have too much other stuff to do right now that takes precedence.

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 12:08pm

EMan2938

EMan2938

4 posts

and also, there is a glitch with the laser in Last Hope. you can pause the game if you know u are going 2 die and the laser will have no effect on you. same with the mech in the 14th mission

Posted Jun 16, '13 at 3:10pm

armornerd1

armornerd1

25 posts

Cool, but it's too laggy for me. Never be afraid of slots.

Posted Jul 4, '13 at 7:33am

ShadowSith

ShadowSith

1 post

I got an effecient nitrogen gun with fuel injector, and it is totally boss.  So, I relly don't believe that comment about no elementals.

Also, SNIPER FOR THE WIN!!!

Posted Jul 21, '13 at 4:55pm

tortureman

tortureman

3 posts

Ok, I totally disagree with most of this guide.You are much too bias toward snipers and Juggernauts. I have lv 50 with all classes but generals(lv 30) and engineer(lv 44)

First, you say that higher damage is always better, this is a lie. With most machine guns, higher damage per bullet usually means slower fire rate, therefore the damage you put out is actually REDUCED.

Let me cover the other classes that you really missed out on.

Engineer: I rather like this class with it's assualt rifles, but it's more of a "jack of all trades class". I agree that their turrets aren't really useful, but their Combat drone really gives a tip.  My tip for this class: use assault rifles while you close in on enemies(don't try for juggernaut) and kill them with a katana.

Merc: Extremely fast guns such as the M60 means you won't be exposed like a sniper would be. Your fire rate can be your most powerful asset. Try the"Bloodthirst" killstreak, it really helps in fights. They say that Mercs work best on their own, but it's still beneficial to team up.

General: This class isn't really meant to use shotguns(you should still give a try though) The thing that makes Generals SHINE is their skills, everything from "transfusion"(regains life when you kill at close range) to " Full auto" rapid weapon fire. They don't have a lot of HP though, so becareful.

Sniper: The most fragile class, I suggest equipping REALLY heavy armor to this class, and watch out for enemy snipers with armor piercing. Snipers can usually  1 hit kill with headshots, meaing they activate kill streaks faster. Their killstreaks are extremely powerful(stick away form Battle Scan)
IF YOU SEE A JUGGERNAUT RUNNING TOWARD YOU, AND YOU CAN"T KILL IT, RUN. snipers only get 140 life max.

Juggernaut: A lv 21 juggernaut has more hp then any class at lv 50. If you are a juggernaut, try to use powerful shot guns like Spaz 12 and Jugement. Play around with the stage to corner enemies. But try not to get ganged up on, you aren't invincible. Juggernauts are the calss of choice for levels like" Forum Defender).

Also I disagree about the statement on Grenade launchers, they're powerful if you practice.

Reply to Strike Force Heroes 2 In-Depth Guide (By: Reton8)

You must be logged in to post a reply!