Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Strike Force Heroes 2 In-Depth Guide (By: Reton8)

Posted Jul 24, '13 at 3:14pm

VengeanceZ

VengeanceZ

1 post

6.) Party Time

You say ' Then, jump up to the second floor, go right and then fall back down to the first floor.' I cant jump to the second floor.Can you show me how?

Posted Jul 24, '13 at 6:22pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,981 posts

Ok, I totally disagree with most of this guide.

Half of what you said agrees with what is stated in the guide, but you somehow disagree with almost all of it.

I have lv 50 with all classes but generals(lv 30) and engineer(lv 44)

You don't have level fifties with all classes you only have level fifties with three classes. Someone could say, "I have level fifties with all classes, except snipers, juggernaut, mercenary, and general." Then they really don't have all level 50's they only have one.
I actually have all level fifties with all classes (see page 4)

Extremely fast guns such as the M60 means you won't be exposed like a sniper would be. Your fire rate can be your most powerful asset.

I do have to agree with you here. I would like to say that I should have given more credit to fire rate. Sometimes a slightly weaker sniper rifles with higher fire rates will leave you less exposed after a shot. Also, I high enough damage Cerebus machinegun (they don't have to reload) can be a very effective weapon. I did neglect this in the earlier parts of the guide. That said...

Engineer: I rather like this class with it's assualt rifles, but it's more of a "jack of all trades class". I agree that their turrets aren't really useful, but their Combat drone really gives a tip.

If I one shot kill you from long distance with the sniper, or spray you with a bunch of bullets from my mercenaries Shredding Cerberus from a distance I doubt that the puny drone will have any chance to do a solid amount of damage.

This class isn't really meant to use shotguns(you should still give a try though) The thing that makes Generals SHINE is their skills, everything from "transfusion"(regains life when you kill at close range) to " Full auto" rapid weapon fire. They don't have a lot of HP though, so becareful.

Although dual weapons may have been the intended purpose for this class, they can easily use their skills to rock the shotguns. One, if you use full auto with dual wields you'll run through your clip rather quickly, leaving you reloading more often than not. Also accuracy is not the best with dual wielding and full auto. There is a skill for faster reload times, but you can't use both skills at once.
Two, Regain health at close range kills, good look getting close to a sniper or surviving long enough against a juggernaut with a shotgun for this skill to come in handy.

Sniper: The most fragile class, I suggest equipping REALLY heavy armor to this class, and watch out for enemy snipers with armor piercing. Snipers can usually 1 hit kill with headshots, meaing they activate kill streaks faster. Their killstreaks are extremely powerful(stick away form Battle Scan)
IF YOU SEE A JUGGERNAUT RUNNING TOWARD YOU, AND YOU CAN"T KILL IT, RUN.

One, it doesn't matter that they are fragile. If shotguns and snipers can one shot kill most enemies, nearly everyone is on an equal playing field.

Two,
Snipers can usually 1 hit kill with headshots, meaing they activate kill streaks faster. Their killstreaks are extremely powerful

Again, you are basically proving that the snipers are a valuable class which is what I said in my guide, but you disagree with my guide. But then you are agreeing with it.

Three, with Overkill Passive Skill it's possible to one hit Juggernaut and it's not that difficult to two shot a juggernaut while running away from them. But the fact that you run from juggernauts when you play as a sniper is more evidence that I was correct in stating that the juggernaut is a powerful class.

Juggernaut: A lv 21 juggernaut has more hp then any class at lv 50. If you are a juggernaut, try to use powerful shot guns like Spaz 12 and Jugement. Play around with the stage to corner enemies. But try not to get ganged up on, you aren't invincible. Juggernauts are the calss of choice for levels like" Forum Defender).

Three more times where you absolutely agree with what my guide has to say.

The problem here, with everyone saying there's bias, is that the game is simply too easy. You can get through most of the game, on even the higher difficulties, using any class and playing like a hack. They only way to truly test out the guides strategies versus alternate strategies is to see how they would work in multiplayer. But there is no multiplayer so no one can know for certain which strategy is best. People keep saying this guide is biased, I beat this game on insane and I beat all the challenges on insane except for Forum Defender using my guide (using Snipers and Juggernauts). Also, I linked to a video of a guy beating Forum Defender on insane with a Sniper.

Also there are things in this guide that can't be biases, the experience table on page 4, the trivia on page 2, and the secret skins (from Jacen96) on page 2. Also, sniper rifles and shotguns give one shot kills, that's not biased but facts. These strategies work. You don't have to use them, you may have a strategy that better suits your playstyle. But I've gotten much further, using my guide, than the people who have disagreed with me on this thread.

[One side note, I did undervalue mercenaries. And all classes, except engineer, are solid but it is a fact that juggernaut gets more health and that snipers can 1 hit kill from a distance, only multiplexer could really test which class is best.]

-------------------------------------------

6.) Party Time

You say ' Then, jump up to the second floor, go right and then fall back down to the first floor.' I cant jump to the second floor.Can you show me how?

Here is a link to a video on how to get the medal (video was made by someone else),

Posted Sep 2, '13 at 3:38pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,175 posts

Here some compilations of the best equipment setups

ENGI: High Accuracy assault rifle +HAMR, repair bots and rocket sentries
General: Judgement/spas-12 + hair trigger, auto fire, and morale boost
Sniper: DSR1/CheyTac with thermal/laser sight, overkill and wall hack
Merc: Cerburas/Minigun with red dot, don't remember skill, but use the killstreak that causes you to gain life when dealing damage (nearly impossible to die)
Jugg: same as gen, but with whatever skill suits you and the killstreak that reduces the most damage.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Sep 6, '13 at 6:10am

yxkuo01

yxkuo01

1 post

No offense Reton8, but your guide didn't really touch that much on engineers, generals and merceneries, so Im gonna try and do that.

Engineer:
Jack of all trades kind of guy, and can hold its own against most classes( for a while at least). He uses ARs and SMGs, but I reccomed the ARs, as they have longer range and decent RoF. HIs skills are decent, and i highly reccomend repair bots. HOwever, on Sky9, some people swear by adrenaline. His static killstreaks( tesla, turret, rocket sentry) are really hard to place and are difficult to use effectively. I reccomed using them as shields. His combat drone isnt that effective as it only hits enemies when thay are close to him. He is effective against close-range classe like juggernauts and generals and can hold his own against mercs from a distance but is weak against snipers and rocket wielding mercs
Reccomended Loadout: AR(M4a4, QBZ95 or Scar), any secondary, a laser sight, repair bots and the armor that gives extra health (to make full use of the repair bots)

Mercenary:
A damage dealer that works best at lower-mid range to close range distances. I reccomend machine guns for beginers as they don't take a lot of skill to use, but rocket and grenade launchers work as well. If you use machine guns, then you should use the ammo feed skill, but for cerberus or minigun people, use the scavenger skill. For rocketvand grenade launcher users, go for the no sweat skill. His killstreaks are useful, and i highly reccomend bloodthirst for machine gun users, as you gain a decent amount of health for every shot and for explosive users, use the other killstreaks. Overall, he is most effective only at close range(talking about MGs) and as such, should be wary around generals and juggernauts.

LOadout:
MG:IAR, Red dot, any secondary(sec),kevlar, ammo feed, bloodthirst
Minigun,red dot,any sec,kevlar,scavenger,bloodthirst
Any rocket launcher, target locator, any sec, rage, no sweat
General:
The general probably has the highest dps for each class and is a close range kind of guy. His main weapons are dual magnums and shotguns. Both work well, but if you are partial to the juggernaut's playstyle, shotguns suit you more.His dual magnums are also not to be laughed at, although their RoF is generally not good, as is their accuracy. Full auto and fast hands are the best skill, althogh pairing full auto and fast-firing magnums will burn through your ammo. As for his killstreaks, their" goodness" depends on your playstyle. However, for shotgun users, aim boost does help to reduce the spread of your shot. He is effective close range with dual magnums and shotguns, but if you miss with pump action shotguns, you could die before firing your next shot. Effective against other general and engineers, can hold it own against mercs. I don't reccomend going 1 0n 1 with juugernats, as they have high health an will most probably kill you.

Loadout: Thors(good balance of damge and RoF), laser sight, any secondary, oobleck
Any shotgun, (long barrel, hair trigger, loudener or extended mag) depending on your preference, oobleck, any secondary

Posted Sep 11, '13 at 4:43am

EWTTYTPS

EWTTYTPS

2 posts

I just wanna talk a bit about your guide.
I dont totally disagree with it, but I have to talk about the heartbeat sensor and extended mags part.
As you already said, snipers are really fragile and requires a lot of accuracy.
I have found the sniper a really great class for me because I always enjoy sniping, but apparently it really requires a lot of concentration on the enemy in front of you, so much that you forget all about your back. I found this extremely annoying as enemies always sneak up behind me when I was aiming at the enemies in front which leads to my doom. I actually find the heartbeat sensor really good for this cause as I can always keep watch on the radar to help me figure out where all my enemies are. Also, the heartbeat sensor covers areas on the radar that cant be seen from the giant map screen itself, so added together with the rifles long range and given enough experience and insight, you can even kill enemies you cant see, which I find extremely benifitting. Also, since the firing rate are mostly slow, by the time you get to fire the next shot, the recoil does not actually mean a thing. Of course to have enough experience to fully make use of this attachment, I recommend playing the challenge "Night of the ninja" until you get the hang of it.
One thing that I find annoying about the computer AI is that regardless of allies or enemies, they will always steal your ammo pack when it regenerates which is extremely annoying. And I believe you must have found out that sniper rifles have extremely low ammo (around 20 at the max that I know) which use up fairly quickly if you had been aware of your surroundings and had been busy sniping people. I believe the 50% extra really helps when you have a big gang of people all charging at you all of a sudden. I have used this attachment all along until I realised the benefits of a heartbeat sensor.
Oh and one more thing, the oobleck armor is extremely useful for snipers as all you are doing most of the time is basically sitting around and aiming, which ensures the regeneration of your armor. This means that actually you have a big bunch of "health" continuosly regenerating. I hope you will see this and review this quickly.

Btws unfortunately you cant check me but I do have a level 50 sniper and a EMP DSR1 on another site.

Posted Sep 11, '13 at 9:39am

EWTTYTPS

EWTTYTPS

2 posts

Oh and one more thing I just realised: on Night of the Ninja challenge you cant use wall hack skill as they set your skill to Battlescan for everything. I suppose to make your life easier.

Posted Sep 11, '13 at 8:04pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,981 posts

Hey, So I know the games been out a while, but I was considering doing a complete rewrite of the guide. It'd go over more areas of the game, talk about the weapon classes individiually the positives and negatives, and would remove the (what some consider) "bias" from the guide. I'd probably post it on gamefaws and leave a link here (gamefaqs will allow me some options I don't have on this forum).

But, it's been so long since the game came out, is there a point?

Posted Sep 18, '13 at 4:15am

Gladiator246

Gladiator246

377 posts

whoa, great guide
but i feel snipers are the best.Juggernaut is a close second.

Posted Jan 30, '14 at 1:49pm

twillight2

twillight2

413 posts

To solve Pacifism on Insane:
bring a General. No matter what level, just have the "all weapon auto" passive skill.
Reroll the map if the enemy has elemental weapons or rocket/grenade. Then you have no chance.
Capture the side-flags. Don't bother the middle flag.
If you have both side-flags, stay on one crouching swinging weapon.
If one flag gets captured fall between the tires to die. Yes, commit suicide. Do this until you spawn on the other side of the map. Let's hope you'll have enough point.

That's it.

Posted Jan 31, '14 at 10:06am

devansh_asthana

devansh_asthana

452 posts

Your guides are amazing!

Reply to Strike Force Heroes 2 In-Depth Guide (By: Reton8)

You must be logged in to post a reply!