ForumsGames[April Fools]How do you guys feel about EA's announced take over of Nintendo?

18 7578
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

So, even though I'm kind of disappointed, I think it would be fun to see EA's take on classic Mario and Zelda games. I also want to see what EA ends up doing with the console.

This is the article I read..

So, what are your opinions? Where does EA go from here?

• 18 Replies
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Personally, I think EA ruins everything they touch. But.......

This should provide a good background for anyone not familiar with the Nintendo/EA relationship.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Better pack my boxes and live in my hole in the 90s because there's no way this can end in a positive note. Microsoft took Rare, now EA took Nintendo. I'm so disappointed in the gaming market...

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I can't wait until there's a Mario hockey game!

There are a few Mario sports games where you can play hockey. They were horrible.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Oh you evil evil man. I curse you forever, and I curse your descendents forever. (not really)

Mario has sports, he went to the Olympics several times, he plays soccar (mario strikers charged), and he engages in fist fights with snake (SSBB)

~~~Darth Caedus

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

I'm assuming none of you guys actually clicked the link, because I did and I got Rick-Roll'd. Very funny dude, very funny.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

we did, but it's more funny to keep the joke up for others who didn't yet.

CorporalNob
CorporalNob
64 posts
Nomad

I was actually convinced a little, until I saw Manly's post.

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

if that was an joke then ha ha ha (sarcasitic alert) if you exuse me i will be clearing my youtube history

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I tell R2..and I tell you..it is literally impossible to Rick Roll me. Good job on getting the others, though

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I don't like it. Look, I am a big fan of EA despite the fact that the mainstrategy games production has been declining ever since Red Alert 3. People who believe that EA ruins everything it touches, either don't like RTSs' at all, or don't know about EA in its glory days. I've seen many of them, but unfortunately, most of them believe so because they are prejudiced against EA. Some of them even liked playing battlefield 3 and SWTOR with the argument: "EA published these games, it didn't develop them", which still contradicts their opinion about EA anyway.

Anyway, the reason that I don't like that EA is going to take over nintendo is because Nintendo makes games for children 5 - 12 years old mainly. Even if EA keeps that up, I've never seen it develop this kind of games and the difference will be obvious. Besides, I don't like EA taking over almost everything in the gaming market. I need some diversity, despite the fact that I've grown up with EA's RTSs'.

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

I dont really care but besides that what a wierd approach

james01JD
james01JD
4 posts
Peasant

would be interesting to see what they would do with metroid.... But I do not think they would be able to handle the classic games like Zelda and Mario.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

O.O WHAT?! This is the first I have heard of this! Don't take away my Mario Brothers! And my Gamecube! The world has changed now...

Personally, I like EA. They did good with Bioware and brought some good games, but they need to stay away from Nintendo! You can't ruin a classic, you just can't man. I disprove.

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Pro Tip:

Playing along with the joke after two and a half weeks isn't very funny.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

What joke?

You think this is a joke? Entire franchises are now ruined because of EA. This is not something we should be laughing about.

The only game I can see them pulling off is Metroid.

Showing 1-15 of 18