66 12148
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

INTRODUCTION

Gather all ye Armorites!

Background

Today we begin our ultimate quest in service to the almighty Comunidad de Armor! We must suit up in our best Armatars and set out to fight the evil, monstrous beast known as Inactivity. Wield your posts and your threads, for they are the only weapons powerful enough to injure the seemingly invincible beast that rampages through our community.

Today, April 1st, 2013, is the very first day of the War of Falta de Actividad. It's the Armorites against Inactivity. We know the consequences if we are to lose, so we must begin the fight today! However, we must figure out how we're going to do it first!

Our Plan of Action

This war will require the services of all ye loyal Armorites; however, we're going to need backup. If you know someone who has free time and doesn't have to tend to their feudal lords or work in the Gondorian fields, tell them to join our plight!

We're absolutely going to need to cooperate if we're to defeat the evil Inactivity. Though, mere cooperation will only take us so far. We need to develop a clear cut plan to slay the putrid beast!

Sir Salvidian's Proposition

As with any full-scale war, we need a colorful mix of well trained men (and women, as this is an equal society). We need soldiers, bookkeepers, cooks, generals, and equipment operators. I propose we recruit people of all categories and divide them accordingly. After that, we begin our actual plan in dealing with our enemy.

Soldiers

Perhaps the backbone of our army, these men will carry out the actual fighting. They will post in order to directly fight. This rank is open to absolutely anyone and everyone and is a fairly easy field to work in. Being a soldier merely requires you to participate in the forums a bit more than usual. You will also be expected to occasionally report where and when you've posted, but, because this is supposed to be a simple rank, a simple report is all that is needed.

Bookkeepers

The bookkeepers will have a fairly sophisticated role. They will analyze where to attack and they will analyze how to attack. They will create the innovative threads that will be used as weapons. These are the inventors. They will remain in this thread, the Armorites' HQ, and will converse among themselves.

Cooks

The cooks will have a very laid-back role. It is only required that they keep spirits up o the Armorite side. They'll be the comedians, the musicians, and, ultimately, the entertainers. They are required to crack jokes on a day-to-day basis just to keep morale gong strong.

Equipment Operators

These men ensure that the threads and posts are working. If they aren't, they are to inform the bookkeepers and work alongside of them using their on-the-battlefield experience to help the bookkeepers develop better weapons.

Generals

The generals will carry out the most sophisticated role of all: they will ensure that everything runs smoothly. Their mission is to give input towards those who need a boost. They'll also control recruitment. They will be the leaders of the Armorites.

Recruitment

Recruitment will be easy: sign up by saying what role you want and check back to see if a general has approved.

In Summary

We'll be fighting Inactivity by building an army! Most of this will be based on Improvisation, and it'll be a fun (I hope) experience.

Get to it men! If you have a question, I'll answer it! HOORAH!

• 66 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

First order..Sal, back to your previous DL project

Second..We need quality threads for Video Games and Flash Games (Tavern is being taken cared right now)..not more of these "SFH2" threads or repeated threads..new threads that can actively engage users, both regular and new, without the need for spam

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The great thing about being a soldier is that they have the least important role, but the most important role at the same time.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Sal, Sal! Can I please be an Equipment Operator? *Puppy Eyes* (Creepy, I know.)

You failed to acknowledge my previous request.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Yeah course you can. Why would I ever say no?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'll be an equipment operator. Hopefully I'm not too late.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Lol, can I be a soldier? Their shield looks the coolest :P

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Not falling for your tricks again Sal Vidian.This is just another of your for nothing threads.This isn't ridicolous, this is just pathetic.PATHETICPATHETICRETARDEDPATHETICPATHETICRETARDED!
There!I said it!

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

http://i.imm.io/11Ahj.jpeg

En garde! I shall be the royal dueler, which is a cross between soldier and the cook!

En garde, inactivity, it is time to duel!

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Sounds good everyone.

Alright, I suppose pang and I will be the ones to send out the first orders.

Argh! Attention! Listen 'ere men, for we are to begin the assault this morn! As general pang claimed earlier, we must begin attacking th Flash And Video Games sections. Now, bookkeepers and EO's, what have you for weaponry ideas?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Do the weapons need to be medieval type?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

No. They just need to be powerful and efficient.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Ok next question... do the weapons have to exist?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The weapons are threads and posts.

@blk
Alright. Thanks for the feedback - I'm experimenting with this one.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I'll be soldier. I'm off and on nowadays so I can't do much.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So these are thread ideas then? Can I discuss this with xeano? Us being the only EO's and all.

Showing 16-30 of 66