ForumsForum GamesArcana Academy

181 37621
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The year is 2018 and through a tremendous accident, the world of magic was unveiled for the human race. Governments all around the world out of fear of their power, created separate housing and special schools that they are shipped to right after their 18th birthday to learn how to control their powers completely. It doesn't help that there is a small group of worldwide rebels who fight for freedom for all of the arcane. There is also a group of mages loyal to the governments and run the school and the towns thus granting them special privileges. The School is a enormous complex almost large enough to be called a city, it teaches every arcane novice from every part of the world. You are a child with the arcane gift and today is going to be your first day at your
new home for the next few years....

Character Info
Name:
Male or Female
Bio:
Description:

If you wish to be a teacher, ask and I may approve..
You can have two characters if you can handle it

My two:
Name: Headmaster Vladimir Stokonov
Male
Bio: Vladimir was taught magic from his mother in the bustling city of Moscow where his family kept low. He spent many years in the military and almost made it to general when the incident happened. Seeing his loyalty to his country and willingness to follow orders. He was a prime candidate for headmaster.
Description: He has black hair with several streaks of gray. Despite his age he is in good shape and stands at a hefty 6' 3" With brown eyes. A large scar goes from his right cheek down his neck. He is kind despite his rough exterior but strict like his military training. His students wear uniforms that reflect his military background.

Name: Desmond Smythe
Male
Bio: Desmond was born in the lower parts of his neighborhood and had ro fend fornhimself after his parents mysteriously died. He knew one day he would have to leave for the academy like all th others had to. He had a bad feeling about the entire idea. He worked where he could until his 18th birthday when soldiers came to his door and without warning, took him away.
Description: He is a loner by choice. He has arcane potenial as he parents told him once. He stands 6' 2" with blue eyes and has a muscular build from his physical training. He is a free and often rebellious spirit.

It can start as soon as the first person joins up and there are no late submissions

• 181 Replies
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Desmond laughs a little when she says 'explore' "This place is so gigantic, it's all a matter of knowing where to look.." he says softly looking at Alice "If you want to come to our little meeting, be outside our dorm at 1;00 a.m. and I'll meet you there to bring you to our little safe zone." he says looking away from Alice then looks around the 'Cafeteria' room. He was already missing his home

Alyssa laughs a bit at Rick bizarre behavior, it was nice to have someone to lighten the mood. As she listened to Desmond and Alice talk, she could feel him staring at her so she turned her head to face him "You are very strange, you know that?" she says with small smile. Her beautiful features were able to come out in the light now that she cleaned herself off. She could definitely say she never met anybody quite right rick.

Dr. Reichten smiled at Zach's execution "Very good boy. Now let it slowly and harmlessly fizzle out and dissipate. Let the calm feelings overwhelm you and let go." he says proud as his student's success "As soon as your finished, you may report to dinner and the lesson will be concluded." he says. Dr. Reichten was not quite like the other instructors, he showed prided in his students and treated them like human beings and whatever that asked, he did his best to answer.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

I smile and watch the last bit of the lightning pop back into nothingness. I thank my instructer and head off to dinner with a spring in my step, happy to do good in a lesson.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

I smile and watch the last bit of the lightning pop back into nothingness. I thank my instructer and head off to dinner with a spring in my step, happy to do good in a lesson.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Rick watched as Alyssa turned toward him, but when he actually noticed her looking at him, it took him completely by surprise. He fumbled for a moment after she spoke to him, not knowing what to do in a situation like this. He had seen attractive girls before, but never one quite this beautiful. "Th-tha-tha-thank y-you, th-tha-thank you v-very much." he replied nervously, not quite hearing what she said and therefore taking it as a compliment. "Y-you too." He winked at her slowly as though he was having a stroke, blew his nose in what turned out to be the tablecloth, and then smiled back at her blankly in awe.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

"I can do that, Desmond." I noticed his glance around the room and followed suit. Now that I was paying attention and not stuffing my face, I noticed all the little things; the dark metal wired up against the edges of the room, the places where the lavish-appearing wallpaper didn't fit quite right, and all the little magic-detainers scattered throughout the room. This place was like a prison, no, was a prison cell, and it could be locked down at any second.
And on that note... I turned around and paid more attention to Desmond, who was talking again.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Desmond keeps from making eye contace with Alice "There are places more guarded than others, some obvious and some questionable." He says in a low tone "You saw what happened to Alyssa, they can harm us any way please or we can fight back somehow." He said almost in a whisper then spoke normally "If we are going to work together, we need to trust each other." He smiled and ate the last bit of his food

Alyssa hid her smile as she cutely laughed at Rick's answer and even more as he blew his nose into the tablecloth, she was getting the strong sense he liked her and that wouldn't do. She wasn't a fan of relationships and in here there was no time "Hey, are you okay?" she asks a little concerned at his movements. He seemed surprised but delightes when she spoke to him.

Several other students follow behind Zach as they just get into lunch, the only good part of the academy besides Dr. Reichten who taught elemental casting and control.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Rick didn't know why Alyssa was laughing at him, so he assumed it was because he was a charming ladies man with a cool sense of humor. "Okay?" he replied, smiling coolly, with a sudden burst of confidence. "I've never been more okay in my life." He hoped that this girl would not reject him like every other girl he had encountered, and so far, he felt it was going fairly well. He didn't even notice that he had stuck his elbow into a piping hot bowl of chowder. At this moment in time, Alyssa was his piping hot bowl of chowder.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

I pick up my food and head to the emptiest table, still happy at my performance and how Dr. Reichten treated me differently than the other instructors.
(what other classes do I have? Also... cant help but laugh at Terry's last post)

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

((Regular classes include: Elemental Study, Mystical Zoology, Conjuration, Arcanic Writing, Practical Restoration (Healing),Vis torah Ka (Martial arts combined with magic), and Weaponology (Study and use of weapons to be conduits of your magic)))((Advanced(For when mastered a normal class or showed potential): Manipulation(Brutal, Fighting/Torturing magic), Necromancy, Mind Alteration, and lastly Alteration of Physics))

(Terry's posts usually give me a good laugh every time)

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

"Yeah, trust," I echoed. I'd like to trust him, but I barely knew him. For all I know he could be spying for Vladmir.
I sighed. It was so complicated here, and I'd only been in this place for an hour. Heck, I was already missing my brother's aimlessly annoying ramblings. "I suppose I can trust you," I said slowly, "but if trusting you gets me terminated, then you are mine to kill."
Some other students filed into the room, and I concentrated intently on chewing and looking innocent.
----
I guess I'll add a new character now, because I've had an idea in the back of my brain for a while.

Name: Erdely Andrei
Appearance: Gold-red hair that's cut peculiarily short, and a random pointy tooth that makes her look a bit like a vampire. Oh, and I'm not even going to mention the fascination with hats. They're everywhere.
Quirks: She is female. However, she prefers to let people think she's male, and is honest-to-whatever-you-believe-in crazy. As in, talking to herself and other things that are not there. She has a ridiculous fascination with death, blood, and all sorts of excellent ways to kill people. And she can't dance worth beans, so if you ask her to, she'll list ridiculously painful ways to die that she may implement, her favorite being 'death by impaleation'. You can't threaten her, she has no fear. You can't break her, because she'll snap back and murder you. And this is long. Wheew.
--
They took me because I was talking to myself. Which is rude. I do that all the time. Talk to myself, I mean. But they took me, stuck me in handcuffs, and shipped me off to that Academy. I'm fine with that. Nobody else likes me anyway. However, my nose itches, and Zlveta, who I hate, tried to kill me again. Whatever.
It took too long, but we got to the school just as I fell asleep. They slapped some band on my arm, made me listen to some speech by a weird Russian dude, and then, when I was perfectly fine remembering Vlad the Impaler, shocked me with the armband. I guess it was supposed to hurt, or something. It tingled, and I wondered if death by neural flay would be exciting.
When they finished, I'd come up with how to kill everyone in the courtyard. It was already dark out, and it was chilly. Stupid weather. If it was alive I'd slit its aorta and hang it upside-down to bleed out.
And then, the Russian glared at me, snapped an order, and a guard came up and dragged me by the handcuffs to some room that smelled of food.
--
Okay that's really long, but yay, two crazy characters to control. Yep.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Desmond nodded with a smile at her words then changed the subject to more relaxed conversation "Any family Alice?" he asked "I have a little sister and brother and luckily both my parents." he said knowing how a lot of arcane children didn't have both or sometimes either. He looked at her waiting for a answer when he saw a new face walk in. He knew immediately she meant trouble, he could sense the aura that she gave off. She got handcuffs while Alyssa got a collar which means this new girl was physical dangerous as well.

Alyssa managed to calm her laughing into a smile that showed a little bit of her white teeth "Well that's good to hear." she says a little shyly. She didn't like this sort of attention. It made her feel uneasy. He was so focused on her that he didn't even notice anything else "Are you flirting with me?" she asked coyly and directly. she had a feeling he would crack under the question.
(Yeah, I'm going to try)
Before Rick could answer her question the speakers called for everyone to report to their dorm rooms and she got up, gave a rick a small smile, then threw away her food scraps and began to walk to her dorm room

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

I sit down at my table and take out a book on Practical Restoration. I flip through the pages studying, and taking bites out of my food between pages.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice: I finished my food, walked to my room, and fell asleep after reminding mint bunny to wake me up.

Erdely: I smiled at the people who were leaving, a smile that was more like the baring of fangs than a real smile. Then, feeling several eyes on me, I pulled up a chair, sat down, and snapped my fingers. "I want a steak, uncooked!"
Of course nothing but more stares, and I had to satisfy myself with a chewy bowl of pot roast that was almost as good as meat. It was flipping hard eating with handcuffs, but I managed, while fantasizing about killing one of the people who'd stared at me. After flipping through my mental index, I settled on evisceration. Ah, yes, ripping them apart to wind my fingers through strands of intestine.
I chewed on the pot roast until everyone had left with the announcements. There was no way I was going to do anything they said.
Eventually the guards came in and dragged me off to solitary confinement.
I sighed contentedly. Tomarrow the real fun would start.
----
Oh, and I randomly looked up Erdely, apparently it means Transylvania in Hungarian. How peculiar.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

[And you can wake up now, blk2860, or Spirit, or whatever you want to be called :]

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Desmond wipes his eyes as he walks behind Nicholas, he was still groggy "Sure, I talked with them before and I'm sure they're in." he says softly.

Alyssa slept soundly in her bed, she was used uncomfortable conditions. She was dreaming of her home. The last time she ever saw it when she was a mere 10 years old when she was playing outside and her house erupted in flames. She never knew who did it or why. She learned to survive on her own, sneak around, and evade the forces until they managed to corner her but she didn't go without a fight even against their arcane disruptors which is why they had her targeted.

Showing 61-75 of 181