ForumsWEPRwhats your favorite presitent?

28 4368
justinS
justinS
64 posts
Nomad

Well what is your favorite president mine is teddy roosevelt

sryy if i didnt spell it right.

• 28 Replies
thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

George Washington. He didn't want to be president and did little to nothing in office (Alexander Hamilton ran the show). If you do nothing, you can't do anything wrong.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Well yeah you did spell President wrong, also you used improper grammar by saying "Whats your favorite president"? You should have said "Who's your favorite president?

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

OO good question. Not sure how effective it could be as a conversation starter but i have one!

Teddy Roosevelt! (good choice justinS)

Teddy Roosevelt's big stick policy aided American economy immensely in that imperialism tends to bring in cash from "conquered" lands. As well, he accomplished the Panama Canal which has helped sea-trade EXPONENTIALLY! the canal alone is grounds for a great president. Also Teddy was the first president since the civil war to put respectable southerners in cabinet positions(as well as other offices the president appoints) and was the first president to meet with black leaders in the white house. there's more but...i'll stop.

BurningFrost
BurningFrost
4 posts
Nomad

Bah, none of them. Ha, probably a little extreme, but they all have had their pros and cons (some more cons than others). I would agree with thelistman, although not for the same reasons.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

I say that martin luther king Jr should have been president. he was cool and did what alot of people wouldnt have done.

KHROME
KHROME
618 posts
Nomad

i'd have to say O'bama if he makes it to president.

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

KHROME,
what if he becomes president and sucks? What if he is what all the conspiracy theory ppl believe and he is a crazy Muslim?(i'm not saying he is...) I think you should probably stick with past presidents...

BurningFrost
BurningFrost
4 posts
Nomad

Obama and his 'universal healthcare'... what a load of crap, to put it frankly. Healthcare for our whole nation will never, never work. Just take a look at Canada. They have to come down here to America if they wish to see a qualified doctor. But that is another subject entirely, so I should not dwell into that here...

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

Even better was David Rice Atchinson. He was allegedly president for one day between Polk and Taylor (Taylor refused to be inagurated on Sunday, the Sabbath. So Atchinson held the post for one day). He did absolutely nothing wrong, thus was the best.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rice_Atchison#President_for_One_Day_Claim

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

thelistman,
Thank you for that tid bit of history knowledge, i can now quit for the day as i have learned something new (and its 12:05 a.m. soooo i got a lot of nothing to do lol)

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

my favorite would have to be a human (what) not any animal

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

Abraham Lincoln for no reason whatsoever.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Bush because its funny that Americas president is a moron

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

They have to come down here to America if they wish to see a qualified doctor

Now that you've said it, I encourage you to provide evidence for your statement. Why do I see so many advertisements begging people to do something about the 1 in 7 people who are 'not medically insured'?

Besides, if Americans want subsidised pharmaceuticals, they have to go to Canada or Mexico :P
thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

Top 3:
1. George Washington
2. Abe Lincoln
3. Teddy Roosevelt

Worst 3:
1. James Buchanan
2. Andrew Johnson
3. Millard Fillmore