ForumsThe TavernAnyone Else Slightly Disappointed?

13 3134
ShinkuOokami
ShinkuOokami
2 posts
Peasant

I've been noticing that AG is posting more and more multiplayer online games.
I really don't care for those, and it's always disappointing when I click a game that looks fun, then realize it's one of those massively multiplayer card games.
Blegh. Not to mention, that's 90% of what I get in the newsletter, as well as on Facebook.
Seems like they're pushing that sort of game as much as they can.

• 13 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Actually there are some MMO's that were actually quite fun for me.

So no. I'm not disappointed.

Hikakin_Fan
Hikakin_Fan
396 posts
Lord

Yup. I never play those.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I'm pretty sure the MMO games drag in a hefty sum of cash. I could care less.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I don't like turn-based MMOs, but I love games like FO and Realm of the Mad God. I don't like RotMG much anymore because Kabam messed it up bad. My computer used to run it very smoothly, now it lags like crazy.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

Wow.

Not World of Warcraft, just wow. Isn't that for another thread?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Chill, Matt. I'd be banned if I yelled at everyone that uses my previous, favourite armatar.

On topic: I find this pretty ridiculous.

First, MMOs are just another type of game, like there are a few on this site. Blame them for addressing as many tastes as possible.

Second, you can recognize MMOs very easily on the start site by their lack of green rating boxes. Couldn't be more obvious.

Third, I don't think their numbers are exceedingly increasing. They just post a few now and then. So what?

And lastly of course, I'm regularly playing one of them that I think is great, so I wouldn't want them to stop proposing MMOs.

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

MMOs are addicting and make a ton of money. That's why I don't play them, ahah, I like my life and my money.

So yes, I am disappointed.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I like my life and my money. 

You don't pay to play MMOs.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

MMOs are addicting and make a ton of money. That's why I don't play them, ahah, I like my life and my money.

Only the weak-willed end up paying for bonuses :P

Seriously though, you don't have to play them, so why being disappointed? It's like if a restaurant you like suddenly offers an additional choice; you don't have to eat the new plate, you just go on eating what you like.
Acetheterrible13
Acetheterrible13
407 posts
Nomad

My main problem with MMOs is just the fact that many of them(not all) have some kind of energy bar or something similar that restricts the amount of things you can do. Some have timers on building things and such, but in my opinion that is pretty much the same thing. Of course there are good ones that don't do this, but then there are the ones that do...

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I got really bored one day and tried half the MMO's. Most of them wouldn't load, three did but were truly terrible and lagged my comptuer up, and one I play now. It's turn based and stuff, but it is one of the few games in which I'm better than my sister, who is a genius at everything, so I keep playing it.
And about the money thing? I think that's really unfair. Why would I want to pay money to get, i don't know, VIP or Bonus or Beta or whatever it is that the money offers? Most of the people who throw their money at games really get so much better, while the rest of us plod along slowly. agh.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I don't care for MMOs. Anyway my GF require for me to spend some time with her too, you know.
Anyway, those games are for people with no life so...

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

You are idiots if you expected anything different from free MMOs. Of course there are bonuses you can buy with money, that is the way the dev team gets their salary. They don't do those games for charity you know.

Showing 1-13 of 13