ForumsThe TavernHow is ur spring break?

12 3193
unroyalprincess
unroyalprincess
59 posts
Nomad

How is ur spring break? If its lame just make up how u wish it was.

• 12 Replies
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Mine doesn't start for another few weeks. Next Friday I'm flying to Mexico, where I'll be for about 13 days, but I don't have great expectations for this trip since I'm going with my family and I don't care for family vacations.

unroyalprincess
unroyalprincess
59 posts
Nomad

I find that my family is crazy and never leaves me alone, except for when I am on my laptop. Which is now.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Had spring break a month ago, and you are now making a thread?

~~~Darth Caedus

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Mine is done so you will know no information.

unroyalprincess
unroyalprincess
59 posts
Nomad

Well Jacen96 I am still having my spring break.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I find that my family is crazy and never leaves me alone

My family is like that as well, which is why I'm REALLY not looking forward to spending almost two weeks in the same room with them.
unroyalprincess
unroyalprincess
59 posts
Nomad

Poor Disco King

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Good. I go back Monday. So far I watched a few movies and went for a hike everyday. It's nice to be able to relax.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Mine went by in the third week of March... It was good I guess, I worked a lot.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Well...mine was a whopping 5 days..counting the weekend. MY personal spring break, however, received a little extension due to my sickness and then birthday...so yay!

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Mine hasn't started yet.That sucks.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Mine finished up last week. I backpacked solo for four days on the AT (about 60 miles) before developing severe knee pain and bailing on day 5 (cursing myself for not bringing trek poles, ibuprofen, or a knee brace the whole time, of course). So then I spent Easter weekend at a friends house limping around and trying to be helpful. I live very far from home, and we're not allowed to stay on campus for breaks, so I have a hard time finding something both fun and economical to do over break. Backpacking is good because camping is free on most of the AT and you only need to buy food (assuming you already have gear). I saw a bear, a few deer, and about 1,000 hawks, which was pretty cool.

All in all, including helping out with gas money to get to the trail and back, I spent just about 100 dollars. I could improve that a lot, but I don't have a car, so in order to get to the trail I had to bum a ~9 hour ride each way, even though another portion of the trail passes within a few hours of my school (no one was heading that way, though).

Showing 1-12 of 12