ForumsWEPRDaily World Events

33 17216
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

We live in an exciting, unrelenting world that never ceases to amaze. In order for the world to be as insane as it is, huge events need to occur. Each day, major and minor events are the driving forces behind making everything work. Politics, philosophy, religion, war, economics, media, astrology and everything else in between are the little gears that power our society.

In this thread we are going to discuss new events everyday - just as they occur. We will bring new events in, and we will discuss old ones - their impact, their qualities, and their overall beings. If you don't pay much attention to the news due to lack of interest, this thread could very well change your opinion on the world around you.

---

To begin, I'd like to bring up something that's going on today: the Chinese bid flue scare (CNN). Here are some photos.

Thoughts?

• 33 Replies
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

The so called 'Cyborg' will have no physical form, and exist in a network similar to the Internet and be able to travel at the speed of light all over the Earth, or even into the space.

That doesn't sound too different from my life already. Existing only in an internet-like network, anyway. That would be the greatest 50th birthday present I could ask for.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

new day, new event.

the end of MSN

MSN made it possible for me to make daily contacts far away and eventually starting this company. altho i dont use the program for years anymore. i feel kinda bad that it has come to a end.

what are your ideas? what did MSN do for you?

SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

I never used MSN. By the time I got on to social networking, facebook had become dominant.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

There was a time when I used to use MSN. At the time it was the most used software to chat with your friends outside of school. Then Facebook got popular.

I won't miss it much, it got a bit old; although I have to say, concerning chatting only, MSN was great.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

the end of MSN

Farewell to another landmark piece of technical history... Kind of sad to see it leave us.

Stupid facebook... Everything will have to succumb to that F eventually.
CorporalNob
CorporalNob
64 posts
Nomad

I don't even take it seriously anymore because I'm so desensitized.

While you may be desensitized, don't forget that the actual Anonymous group is still capable of doing some major operations.

Those big hackers kind of just hack who they want. Sometimes they attack innocent people, sometimes they attack widely hated organizations (Westboro Baptist Church, lol).

It is kind of weird, but I still have some respect for Anonymous.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

The "hacker attack" was a total failur, 4chan being shut down by Pro-Israeli hackers.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

The "hacker attack" was a total failur, 4chan being shut down by Pro-Israeli hackers.

Mossad?

Anyway, one more reason to think those hackers are just a band of disorganized wanna-be anarchists. Has Anon ever succeeded in something?
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Has Anon ever succeeded in something?

They succeeded in coming to an elderly military retiree's birthday party once. There were so many, his relatives demanded they leave! Though the old man was delighted so many showed up unexpectedly.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Many, many things. I don't want to search for it at the moment..but a while back there was a thread here in WEPR about Anonymous where I posted some stuff from their actions..if you'd like to see a small sized amount of examples
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

To paraphrase Pang and Frank, no. No they haven't.
Noobclone
Noobclone
127 posts
Peasant

They do more bad then good (some would say they do bad in the name of good, but to me thats just a front for bull****, w/e it might be)

They have done some things, there was a rape case that was under-wraps by the local people around them to prevent shame (the girls rapists, yes multiple, going unpunished) until Anonymous (the hacker group) somehow brought it into the (or a form of) limelight, I don't know the details though.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Vatican seeks to rebrand its relationship with science

this article is pretty funny at times.
the vatican seems to know "an alternative to embryonic stem cell research - which it vehemently opposes - that doesn't involve the destruction of human embryos."
just check it out ^^

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Not 'Mossad', just Israeli hackers, civilians.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

the vatican seems to know "an alternative to embryonic stem cell research - which it vehemently opposes - that doesn't involve the destruction of human embryos."

It's sad to see that people still think stem cell research grows their own embryos n'stuff. Nothing is destroyed that wouldn't be destroyed anyway; and you don't hear any Vatican dude moaning about the embryos that are destroyed day by day without being used for research.
Oh, and I so wonder what that alternative might be... meditating and waiting for illumination? XD
Showing 16-30 of 33