ForumsForum GamesJoshDragon's new ideas thread.

26 10225
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Hey guys,

I've got some exciting news to share. I've recently decided, to take on a few gaming projects this summer. For those of you, who follow my tournaments. You'll be pleased to learn, that I'm going to host the Armor Games World Championship, at some point, during the summer. .

Now here's something that might surprise you. I am currently, in the process of writing an ebook, about my experience as a gamer. The book, will cover my entire career. As I go into depth on my rivalries, greatest matches, and most frustrating defeats. Yes, I will be referencing some of you in my book.

So, keep your eyes out for that.

The book will be titled "The Beast."

I'll post back here, when I have a more definite starting date for the AG World Championship tournament. As of right now, I'm intending, for it to be a spreadsheet competition.

If you'd like to help out, please leave a message in my profile. I'm always looking for volunteers and truly appreciate the help.

Thanks for reading my post. I look forward to talking with you soon.

JoshDragon

• 26 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

The book, will cover my entire career.

Is there more to it than we know? =O

Yes, I will be referencing some of you in my book.

If, by some mysterious chance, you happen to mention me..keep in mind the rule of my name. Don't confuse the masses

that I'm going to host the Armor Games World Championship,

Explain it..even if briefly and vaguely, nao
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

If you'd like to help out, please leave a message in my profile. I'm always looking for volunteers and truly appreciate the help.

What would we be volunteering for exactly?
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Hi pang. Thanks for the reply.

Is there more to it than we know? =O

Oh yeah. I have a lot of great stories to share. In fact I've been planning on writing about my gaming experiences, for a few years now.

I have an extensive history, when it comes to online gaming. To my knowledge, I'm the only player, to have hosted tournaments on six different forums. Win multiple gaming titles, on MiniClip, Armor Games, and Kongregate. All the while, innovating new concepts for every tournament that I hosted.

Now, throwing my ego aside for a moment. I'm not just saying all of these things to promote myself.

I truly feel, that I have a great story to share with gamers and maybe even non-gamers alike.

If, by some mysterious chance, you happen to mention me..keep in mind the rule of my name. Don't confuse the masses

Lol. Got it.

Although my story, is only going to end with the Kongrefeint Championship (mid-2012.)

Anything after that point, would be too recent for me to reflect on.

So unfortunately, you won't be mentioned.

Explain it..even if briefly and vaguely, nao

Gladly. The Armor Games World Championship, will be a 32 person competition, with a spreadsheet style format.

From the start, I will be seeding players into one of four elemental divisions (Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water) and the games for the competition will reflect on the division, which you are placed in.
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

What would we be volunteering for exactly?
[quote]

Miscellaneous help. Updating the spreadsheet or helping me pick games for the tournament. Maybe finding some extra people to join. Stuff like that.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

So unfortunately, you won't be mentioned.

Understandable

From the start, I will be seeding players into one of four elemental divisions (Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water) and the games for the competition will reflect on the division, which you are placed in

So let me just make sure I have this correct..

So...will you place people in each division based on random chance..or will there actually be legitimate reasons for each placing?
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

So let me just make sure I have this correct..

So...will you place people in each division based on random chance..or will there actually be legitimate reasons for each placing?

Most likely random.

Also, I'd like to get the Kongs, active in this one.
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Also, I'd like to get the Kongs, active in this one.

Just curious on this, why? Wouldn't it be more interesting to see AG community members battle against each other rather than a bunch of hardcore gamers from other sites beat everyone?

That's just my opinion.
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Just curious on this, why?Wouldn't it be more interesting to see AG community members battle against each other rather than a bunch of hardcore gamers from other sites beat everyone?

That's just my opinion.

Maybe you're right. I guess it just depends on what you're looking for.

Personally, I enjoy getting the best gamers together and letting them duel it out with each other. In fact, I'll usually join in too.

If I find someone who can knock me out of a tournament, I'll always invite him back, to play in future events.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Wouldn't it be more interesting to see AG community members battle against each other rather than a bunch of hardcore gamers from other sites beat everyone?

To be honest..I like the Kong members joining. No offense to us here at AG..but our numbers of admirable gamers is quite limited..and over half of them aren't even really active anymore (sour, leo, xerox, bluerabbit, etc)..and one rarely even competes (Kasic)
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

No offense to us here at AG..but our numbers of admirable gamers is quite limited

Which is why inviting the Kong members makes it less interesting in one sense.... you already know who's going to win before the tournament even begins. :P
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Which is why inviting the Kong members makes it less interesting in one sense.... you already know who's going to win before the tournament even begins. :P

Well even I can't win every time.
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Well even I can't win every time.

I don't mean you in particular. If you have 7 AG players against 7 hardcore Kong gamers, the only interesting part about the entire tournament would be figuring out which Kong player gets first place, which one gets second, and so on.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

If you have 7 AG players against 7 hardcore Kong gamers, the only interesting part about the entire tournament would be figuring out which Kong player gets first place, which one gets second, and so on.

Hey now..the last AG vs Kong tournament produced the finalists of 3 AG user and one Kong user (I was the AG user going against the Kong user..barely lost. Thought the end date was the day previous when it actually was)

He still ended up winning, but nevertheless, in the grand scheme of things we were more of the winners.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

I don't mean you in particular. If you have 7 AG players against 7 hardcore Kong gamers, the only interesting part about the entire tournament would be figuring out which Kong player gets first place, which one gets second, and so on.

pang is right, you should have seen the AG vs kong competition, I, along with many others including the late xerox and Leo, were extremely competitive. You should have seen us go at it, I would spend hours trying to beat the score and for the prelims I spent about an hour on one round of a game and only got third, and that was just among the AG players. I very well may have won if I hadn't lost that round, he beat me because his laggy computer had the upper hand in that game.

Really, it is anyone's guess as to which of the sites will win. I wouldn't count either of us out if I were you.
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Usually, it comes down to your will. How badly do you want it? Are you willing to do whatever it takes to win? And I'm not talking about cheating, either.

I'm talking about playing until you win.
Showing 1-15 of 26