ForumsForum GamesJoshDragon's new ideas thread.

26 10226
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Hey guys,

I've got some exciting news to share. I've recently decided, to take on a few gaming projects this summer. For those of you, who follow my tournaments. You'll be pleased to learn, that I'm going to host the Armor Games World Championship, at some point, during the summer. .

Now here's something that might surprise you. I am currently, in the process of writing an ebook, about my experience as a gamer. The book, will cover my entire career. As I go into depth on my rivalries, greatest matches, and most frustrating defeats. Yes, I will be referencing some of you in my book.

So, keep your eyes out for that.

The book will be titled "The Beast."

I'll post back here, when I have a more definite starting date for the AG World Championship tournament. As of right now, I'm intending, for it to be a spreadsheet competition.

If you'd like to help out, please leave a message in my profile. I'm always looking for volunteers and truly appreciate the help.

Thanks for reading my post. I look forward to talking with you soon.

JoshDragon

• 26 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Any new ideas, thread?

I'm funny..oh so funny

LupusAureus
LupusAureus
107 posts
Nomad

Will new players be allowed to join? I mean, I might be a newbie but I wanna raise the AG banner! (And probably my banner too :3)

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Well I'm in for the tourney... if there is a spot for me that is.

Probably one of the hardest part of competing in gaming tournaments, at least from my personal experience, is getting time to actually play a game for all it's worth, instead of only having the schedule availability for playing it two or three times before you have to get back to... wherever. Going inactive always kills me in the Armor Gamer Championship. That and my horrendous playing ability at some games. :P

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Hey guys,

Check out my interviews and let me know what you think.

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

Will this book cover the most recent AG Champ round? Just wondering, no reason really.......

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Will this book cover the most recent AG Champ round? Just wondering, no reason really.....

Hi Pieguyme,

The short answer is no. I'm going to end "The Beast" with the Kongrefeint finals (June 2012.)

It's an obvious point to end at. I was playing my best back then and managed to capitalize on a huge opportunity to win my first spreadsheet tournament (along with VG and Blizzard.)

"The Beast" is mainly going to cover the good years, lol. Not so much the time afterwards, which has been a little hit and miss.

Also, I've only competed in seven tournaments since then. There wouldn't really be that much to write about.
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Update:

Here's a quick preview of my next interview. In this video, I talk about my first Armor Games tournament. Including a memorable match with Leo99rules and the infamous final between myself and Sourwhatup2.

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

A few weeks ago, I signed up to play in Tijsel's Flash: The Games: The Tournament on Kongregate.

I thought it would be fun to do a recording of my progress through the tournament, so here it is.

I have the first two parts up right now on my You Tube Channel:

Here's my run through the qualifying round:

Here's my run through the seeding round:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSGv3Blp8o&list=UUD3urrTBSUUfTUxKTOrM3oQ]

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Sorry, I'm going to re-post the links.

Qualifying Round:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKhmizmOcHc

Seeding Round:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSGv3Blp8o&list=UUD3urrTBSUUfTUxKTOrM3oQ

Check out the videos and let me know what you think!

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Want to learn the basics for competing in gaming tournaments? Check out my new video:

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Hm. I never have competed in a gaming tournament before, but I would love to partake in this one, if you have any available space. Where do I sign up?

Showing 16-26 of 26