ForumsThe TavernNewgrounds vs ArmorGames

40 12457
codewub
codewub
8 posts
Nomad

Which one do you like better, explain

Comment about the pro's and con's of each site and why you think certain site is better than the other, Include things that armor games doesn't have and what newgrounds doesnt have, and also tell us what they have that you like.
  • 40 Replies
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Uh, newgrounds is more on adult entertainment. While AG is for all ages.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Dude... don't even ask a question like this. Everyone is just going to say ArmorGames, its obvious.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Duh Newgrounds is wayyyyy better than AG. Right guys???

(AG is more organized and has a tight knit community. not to mention the games are good too.)

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Uh, newgrounds is more on adult entertainment. While AG is for all ages.

1) So..? Your point?

2) Newgrounds isn't more on adult entertainment..it just offers adult entertainment. And if we want to get technical..Newgrounds is actually more for all ages, since it offers games, movies, art, etc for all ages..while AG offers Flash games and must keep in mind its younger audience
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Also, the answers AG

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Well, some of the games in New Grounds are PG.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Is it just me or is NG's new format more difficult to navigate than before? They opened up the portal to having art and music on a more even tier as the flash games and animations.

As far as the art is concerned as usual the most popular stuff appears to be of inappropriately proportioned girls with their bits hanging out LOL (no surprises there). And the highest rated flash games/movies actually doesn't seem to have changed for the last three years!!! I wonder what the activity level on that place is like these days.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The community on NG is the type of community where you either blindly agree with everything they say or you get killed.

I was there for a week. Never again.

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

My membership was short there. It lasted 1 hour (Joke! I meant to say my visit to NG was short because of the community)

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Posting stuff like this is obviously going to have people saying AG. So just don't bother.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

meh I'm getting the impression that not much productive talk is going to happen, unless somebody cares to play Devil's advocate and tell us what the good aspects of NG's community are...?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

NewGrounds has superior programming and art sections. In terms of organization and activity they win (not sure about quality, can't be bothered browsing through each section). How they have the art forums set up is:
Animation
Art
Audio
Writing
Collaboration

and programming:
Flash
Programming
Games factory
Mobile

And the highest rated flash games/movies actually doesn't seem to have changed for the last three years!!! I wonder what the activity level on that place is like these days.

Activity looks fine, I browsed through their games / movies / audio / art pages and a lot of stuff gets submitted each day. You just have to edit the search options to see it.

As for the highest rated, that's probably because they've been around longer and since they were popular back then it'd keep adding up over time, making it very difficult for new submissions to get near them. For example, Shell Shock Live. On ArmorGames it has ~8 million plays and a 9.3/10 rating. You can't expect many many submissions to get anywhere near that. It'd have to be a hell of a good game to come close.
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Nah, but some of th entertainment is PG

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

new grounds seems much more professional then armor games.
but thats kinda why i like armor games more. i like the simplicity of this site.
to bad tho it still hasn't got a edit button after all those years of asking and promising. =/

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

To bad tho it still hasn't got a edit button after all those years of asking and promising. =/

Uh, I think they don't have the budget.
Showing 1-15 of 40