Forums

ForumsForum Games

Detective (Noire Style Detective RPG)

Posted Apr 7, '13 at 11:08am

blk2860

blk2860

4,523 posts

Los Angelas, the city where a man can come broke, and be making thousands in the same week. Of course, under this glamour, there's a criminal underworld, and it's your job to work cases to jail some of these. You signed up for the L.A.P.D after being jailed. It takes a criminal, to catch a criminal.

Name: (First and Last)
----------------------
Partner: (I'll put.)
Desk: Patrol
XP: 0/25
Health: 100/100
----------------------
Skills (12 points)
Intimidation: 0 (To Intimidate suspects into revealing info)
Observation: 0 (To be able to spot clues and evidence)
Charisma: 0 (To get the right info from a witness/suspect.)
Intelligence: 0 (To put clues and evidence together.)
Agility: 0 (To be able to catch fleeing suspects.)
Stealth: 0 (To listen in on suspects' conversations without being seen.)
Intuition: 0 (To have correct feelings about if someone's lieing, in doubt, or telling then truth.)

Rules and other info:
1. I will give you a player partner, we can only begin when there are an even number of players.
2. You can join at any time.
3. No telling what happens when you do something.
4. Have fun.

-Spirit

Posted Apr 7, '13 at 5:34pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,523 posts

Honestly, if you don't want to play it, at least say why. Constructive criticism.

-Spirit

Posted Apr 7, '13 at 8:44pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,523 posts

Bump.

Posted Apr 8, '13 at 5:38pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,523 posts

Forgot to mention that this is set in 1947. Look up on wikipedia what types of cars there were back then if you need to.

Posted Apr 8, '13 at 6:34pm

trooper555able

trooper555able

148 posts

Name: Vincenzo "Vince" Ricci
Bio: Vince was a registered mobster at the age of 16. He was about to be "Made" when the LAPD had ambushed him. It was an extortion job, Vince had another "Associate" with him. The cops came out from all over the **** place. Guys on foot came out of a nearby alley, and police cars came in to cut off their escape route. The plot tells the rest.
----------------------
----------------------
Skills
Intimidation: 2 (To Intimidate suspects into revealing info)
Observation: 2 (To be able to spot clues and evidence)
Charisma: 2 (To get the right info from a witness/suspect.)
Intelligence: 2 (To put clues and evidence together.)
Agility: 2 (To be able to catch fleeing suspects.)
Stealth: 2 (To listen in on suspects' conversations without being seen.)
Intuition: 0 (To have correct feelings about if someone's lieing, in doubt, or telling then truth.)

One must be patient when it comes to RPG's friend. Also, Intuition is the same thing as Charisma, isn't it? I mean it's obvious you're trying to make something like LA Noire, but I don't think that's really needed.

Posted Apr 8, '13 at 7:16pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,523 posts

Intuition is when they're talking. Charisma is when you're talking. One more player and I'll start your guys' story.

Posted Apr 8, '13 at 9:33pm

Alexandra222

Alexandra222

261 posts

Name: Belta Daria
GenderFemale:
Bio:Eversince she was born, her dad was a part of the Italian Mafia. She knew this all along but her mother never did. But when her mother found out about her dad's secret job, she immidiatly divorced him and took Belta to the United States. Belta was clueless as to why they even divorced. Being a part of the Mafia seemed fun. When she turned 16, her mother was stressed out from working too much. She stole money through pickpocketing to robbing banks and selling drugs. But she was immediatly caught one day. The police forced her to work for a the LAPD since she's great at going undercover and stealing infomation without being caught.
----------------------
----------------------
Skills
Intimidation: 2
Observation: 1
Charisma: 2
Intelligence: 1
Agility: 2
Stealth: 3
Intuition: 1

As an opinion, I think the plot should be a little longer. You know, go more into depth about the LAPD etc.

Posted Apr 8, '13 at 10:05pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,523 posts

Name: Belta Daria
Bio: Ever since she was born, her dad was a part of the Italian Mafia. She knew this all along but her mother never did. But when her mother found out about her dad's secret job, she immidiatly divorced him and took Belta to the United States. Belta was clueless as to why they even divorced. Being a part of the Mafia seemed fun. When she turned 16, her mother was stressed out from working too much. She stole money through pickpocketing to robbing banks and selling drugs. But she was immediatly caught one day. The police forced her to work for a the LAPD since she's great at going undercover and stealing infomation without being caught.
----------------------
Partner: Vincenzo "Vince" Ricci
----------------------
Skills
Observation: 1
Intelligence: 1
Stealth: 3
Intuition: 1

&

Bio: Vince was a registered mobster at the age of 16. He was about to be "Made" when the LAPD had ambushed him. It was an extortion job, Vince had another "Associate" with him. The cops came out from all over the **** place. Guys on foot came out of a nearby alley, and police cars came in to cut off their escape route. The plot tells the rest.
----------------------
Partner: Belta Daria
----------------------
Skills
Observation: 2
Intelligence: 2
Stealth: 2
Intuition: 0

@Alexandra The LAPD is filled with corrupt and crooked cops.

Both of you walk in and sit at your desks. Vince's is covered with files, and Belta's is mostly empty. The Chief walks in, and says "Alright, we've got two new officers, Belta, and Vince." Most everyone else starts whispering to each other. He walks over to you guys. "Alright, we're not going to give you cases yet. You can go out on patrol, and just answer when something comes up." He tells you. He shows you your car, Unit 1437.

Here's a pic:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuAXStTgWQ9RZjmMD2D_I6u0W8bcO_-ZsFBqISaCWgRGdKB-cnkQ

Posted Apr 9, '13 at 10:01pm

trooper555able

trooper555able

148 posts

----------------------
Partner: Belta Daria
----------------------
Skills
Observation: 2
Intelligence: 2
Stealth: 2
Intuition: 0

Vince shrugs at Belta. "Eh, at least they didn't give us a rusty piece of shi*. Anyways, I'll drive." He says as he slips into the car.

Posted Apr 10, '13 at 6:44pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,523 posts

Come on Alexandra...

Reply to Detective (Noire Style Detective RPG)

You must be logged in to post a reply!