ForumsArt, Music, and WritingGraphics tablet

6 5310
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

So, for my birthday I might recieve (I'm 90% sure) a wacom bamboo create tablet. So I was wondering: Is it a good tablet?

answers preferably by someone who has the tablet. :>

• 6 Replies
Psionic
Psionic
2 posts
Nomad

I have been freelancing and creating games for the past 10+ years and use photoshop etc daily. I currently use a Wacom Bamboo and before that a graphire and I'd recommend em to anybody.

They are very responsive, tough and although the drawing area might not seem that big on first glance it's more than adequate as you only ever draw in a small area anyway. I have tried my brothers no-name tablet in the past (with batteries in the pen...bleh) and was not impressed!!

I have had this one for about 3 years now, used day in day out and I think it's awesome ;-)

Good Luck, hope you get one!!

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

Awesome! My dad said that the drawing area is like a half a page of paper, which is more than adequate. I also like how it comes with software like photoshop elements, something that has sketchbook in it (don't remember), and corel painter.

sounds good, researched it on amazon and it seemed good, but I wasn't sure so I asked armorgamers for info. and that prettymuch does it!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I've only used Intuos, but Wacom have consistently good quality products and are regarded as industry standard, so you'd be hard pressed to go wrong with them. I've tested the Bamboo in early incarnations and it was suitable for one's purposes as long as you weren't trying to recreate the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel or something (it was sufficiently sensitive but possibly would have been even more time consuming!)

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

I was thinking: "Man, I hope the art mods don't all have intuos's, that would be akward."

speaking of which, what do cen and zoph use?

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

:P I use to use a different tablet, just got a Bamboo last Christmas, I had a little trouble with the drivers being outdated, touch sensitivity didn't want to work but after I updated them it works fine. Dunno bout Intuos I think they have double the "sensitivity levels" as a Bamboo but are three times the cost @.@.

If its your first tablet then its a good choice, :P first time tablet drawing can be a bit awkward at the start but heck no messy materials

Which program you tend to use with your tablet? (RUUUN the mods all use SAI nooo! SAI ahhh) I use an underdeveloped program called MyPaint, very simple but I have seen a few others...most of them tend to be free because I'm cheap and don't want to invest alot of money into drawing, because I am no pro

well thats enough ranting...I think Cen has forgone digital drawing for the mean time :P think his SAI trial ran its course lol, I think another popular one is PhotoShop Elements ...

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

Well, the create comes with photoshop elements, corel painter, and something with sketchbook in it. So I'll probably use those.

(I haven't gotten it yet, either :P)

Showing 1-6 of 6