ForumsGamesTERA

9 4044
JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

Well it's a MMORPG, the result of a cooperation between Gameforge, Bluehole, Ubisoft, En Masse and Frogster.

From my experience, no other existing MMORPG can top TERA for total.

This trailer is almost completly just made of movies from actual gameplay. I'm serious. But this movie shows a bit of lowlevel gameplay. You can move everything on the UI to make it as you like. Here you see other stuff TERA contains.

I play on the European PvE server Fraya. Tell me if you play it, have questions about it or may want to try it.

It's free and it's not even pay-to-win.

• 9 Replies
JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

93 views and no comments. Cool. Bump.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

I used to play TERA, but the game just took so much time to level and so many times I found myself underleveled in terms of actual level and the quests I'm doing or just under leveled in my gear quality making me have to hunt for new gear for a while so that I could progress further in the game. Those two things just made me annoyed after a while and I quit.

I would say the combat in that game is a lot better then most MMORPG's because you can dodge and really feel like you have control over your character. You could pretty much take on any monster just being able to dodge but killing them would take forever.

I was playing as a warrior class which was pretty fun but was horrible in PvP since players attack the same speed as you and can generally hit stronger making your only option to dodge and poison, which doesn't kill very fast.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

You wouldn't have those problems if you were in a helpful guild.

Dodge, heal and block/parry is the key to survival. But it wouldn't take forever, because you attack a lot more if you hit the weak spots of the enemy.

A warrior is good at many things and he's probably one of the fastest. But in PvP I would prefer someone able to heal, high impact and range attacks. *couch*Priest*couch*

poringslasher
poringslasher
40 posts
Nomad

tera seems a tad bit boring for me. i don't know why but it felt lacking. graphics were awesome though.

malou_wang_xa
malou_wang_xa
88 posts
Nomad

Tera is cool actually. How can it bore you?

poringslasher
poringslasher
40 posts
Nomad

tera might be pretty but the heavy system requirements might be too much for some people who only plays on net cafes hence the low community count. it's a shame as the game has much potential. gameplay is nice too though i don't know why i just can't get myself to love it. tera got boring for me pretty fast. this is coming from a person who is a monster hunter fan and has played MH for FOUR freakin' years! to each his own i guess. but by no means tera is a bad game. it's just not for me.

Maizie
Maizie
91 posts
Nomad

still planning to play this game... but i still don't have the patience to wait for the download to finish LOL

Coder
Coder
2 posts
Nomad

Graphics are great and the gameplay is pretty fun. Imo beats most MMORPGs.
Tera Review

michael96412
michael96412
85 posts
Farmer

meh, Terra is fun till level 20 for me. I guess if u played 1 MMORPG, you've played them all since all u do is farm and get gear. It's less about the skill and more about the gear but i think what keeps people playing MMORPG like terra is maybe the story but WoW has the best lore

Showing 1-9 of 9