Forums

ForumsFlash Games

Colony Leaderboard

Posted Apr 15, '13 at 12:01pm

SoymasterYos

SoymasterYos

969 posts

I agree with you POS, it is better than the previous lists, which is great.  Improvements are so awesome to see in the work of a passionate fan of something.

PS: POS I left a lesson on your profile.  It's a good read, only a sleep-deprived mind can make something like it.

Posted Apr 15, '13 at 1:47pm

CommunistCorps

CommunistCorps

1 post

After a long time of not playing, I have started playing as a guest for a week or so.  :D

First off I don't see why royalguy is even on the list.  I had the honor of playing with him a couple times.  This person never rushed, couldn't play monarchy, which seems to be his only decent government and cannot play forge.  When he does post, he doesn't know how to rush properly and usually just goes for arsenal.  Also, this royalguy has no idea of how to
1 vs 1.  He isn't good enough to be in the top 20. 

DesertFang also should'nt be in the top 20 due to his poor micro and poor macro. 

Peter is a nice guy, too.  Sadly, however he cannot rush.

I believe that out of all of these rappy123 is probably the best I nominate him to #1.
:F

On the other hand, I haven't played the other people in so long D:  FascistCorps is too good for me at the moment :(  I used to be able to beat him too D:.  I have not seen some of these names :(

To leave on a happy note, all of the above, with the exception of royalguy have good potential. :D

Posted Apr 15, '13 at 2:34pm

SoymasterYos

SoymasterYos

969 posts

Don't ever talk crap about royalguy.  You obviously haven't played this game long enough, or you just don't understand how strategy works.  I have seen this guy in pseudo-action, and he scares the crap out of me.  This guy's 2v2 strategy surpasses the greatest 2v2 player I have ever know, hurleyfolex. 

hurleyfolex, for those of you who don't know him, was a member of the community during the days of the Blossom Servers (Glastondale and Beatrix).  This was before Monarchy, War Sanctums, Far Snipers, A27-Prides.  This was during the time when we had dumb bugs like Sakata MK-IIs were able to fire at the base.  The was when we only had the 5 Rank system.  This was a time when training Influence units would require 100 Influence, which was the Influence cap at the time,no matter what you got.  This was a time when you got 10 Meditecs for the Scramble Rescue Squad.

This guy man, was the best ally anyone could have, he always had something in mind.  I never lost a game with him on my team.  No other partner did I ever have match this guys talent.  He had the best strategies, and adapted very well to the given situation.  To be honest, his strategic mind surpassed mine in 2v2.

royalguy, he surpasses hurleyfolex.  I really hate to say it, but analyzing royalguy's playstyle actually made me treble, not with excitement, but fear.  He is one scary dude to mess with, and I wish I could have the honor of being his partner, not to win, but to understand the ways of 2v2.  royalguy is truly a royal guy; he is a pampered genius that was made for success in the strategic realm.

I hope he doesn't intend on leaving this community, because he alone can make the 2v2 metagame shift.

What are my final thoughts about royalguy?  He can have the spot above me at least.  I not only see but acknowledge his rank in the current Colony community.

Posted Apr 15, '13 at 3:06pm

PowerOfSauce

PowerOfSauce

514 posts

All these things about rappy and royalguy

If this page aint filled with sarcasm
I dunno what is

Posted Apr 15, '13 at 3:18pm

nisham1

nisham1

4 posts

MiamiBigal shouldnt be 1st :/ fasicite corps is alot better no offence :PPP

Posted Apr 15, '13 at 4:29pm

zachh

zachh

15 posts

pos, rappy has gotten a lot better than he used to be.

Posted Apr 15, '13 at 4:43pm

guesty9999

guesty9999

23 posts

he alone can make the metagame shift

I'm sorry, but I have to throw this in here.

I simply don't believe the metagame CAN change much, since everything has been figured out. 1v1 obviously, but also 2v2. true, there are many more viable build combinations in 2v2, but I just don't see the metagame budging because of a single person any more.

in fact, claiming that the metagame will 'shift' is, in my opinion, showing a lack of appreciation for the level of refinement this game has achieved. no amount of strategizing will beat a good ol' battle-for-the-center, no matter how nuanced and deep.

just my two cents, take em or leave 'em.

Posted Apr 15, '13 at 5:40pm

guesty9999

guesty9999

23 posts

sorry for double posting, but I should clarify.

I have nothing against royal. in fact, I've met him in game, and he seems pretty swell. I haven't seen him play, but I'm sure he's good. this isn't about royal, but about this belief some people (no need for names, I'm sure) seem to hold about the current metagame.

the current metagame isn't some fad, to come and go. it isn't this temporary thing, until krin updates the game. he already said he won't; what we have is what we get.

more so, the metagame isn't waiting for the hero to come and bring back the "good old days". the old days of massive hover battles are gone. no more will we hear pro's telling their partners to 'cover me, I'm going spec ops'. no more will we mass BQ's. those days are gone, and frankly, I'm glad.

the metagame we have is cruel? maybe. is it harsh? probably. does it take time and effort to master? definitely. no more can you build three banks and hope for the best. you've got to be rough, tough, fast and remorseless. you've got to fight for that middle, and not let up. it's pin or be pinned, and there are no second chances. one slip, and its all gone.

this new and improved metagame isn't just gonna disappear because someone wants it to. it is here to stay, and frankly, that's the way I believe it should be.

good luck, and have fun in your future games.

Posted Apr 15, '13 at 6:21pm

PowerOfSauce

PowerOfSauce

514 posts

pos, rappy has gotten a lot better than he used to be.

oh zachhuy, you're so serious :(

MiamiBigal shouldnt be 1st :/

Bro, you're rejecting the one thing that everyone here can agree on. Flower off.

Posted Apr 15, '13 at 8:41pm

zing13

zing13

8 posts

oh gawd I am literally dying after reading YOS's post.  That was hilarious, YOS is always good for a great laugh.  and in no way am I saying royalguy is bad or anything like that for I don't believe I have ever played with him, that post was just hilarious.  Looking forward to more great posts.

Cheers

Reply to Colony Leaderboard

You must be logged in to post a reply!