ForumsGamesFavorite Valve Game

17 3070
gabef
gabef
8 posts
Nomad

Half-Life 2, what's yours? what's your favorite character?, not all valve games were originally come up with by valve, some of them were mods from people, and valve just happened to like the mod and hire them, and made a full game from it.. also their probably already is a thread on this but, whatever.

• 17 Replies
CorporalNob
CorporalNob
64 posts
Nomad

Oh hey, Half-Life 2 is my favorite game as well. Although I didn't finish the entire story, I actually had a fun time playing it. (Even though I had to look at walkthroughs for a few parts)

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I liked that one game of theirs with the 3 in the name

gabef
gabef
8 posts
Nomad

I liked that one game of theirs with the 3 in the name

so you don't like any of them?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

so you don't like any of them?

Not sure if understood joke but doesn't know how to add on to it

Or if joke went way over head
primemaneesh
primemaneesh
14 posts
Peasant

I like counter strike

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Valve is more famous for their CyberStore "Steam" their games themselves aren't much compared to anything now.

They seems to be getting kind of lazy making games with little or no storyline like left 4 dead. That game is just a random set of variables every time with only a few campaigns that are exactly the same with no new maps. Your always going to know where your going to get ambushed and they have about the same variables so you should always know when the next tank or whatever will be around the corner.

Half-life series and Portal was probably their last great games and they were great. Awesome storyline on both, great characters and good graphics and gameplay.

I was going to say that this new counterstrike (CS:Go) was pretty awesome but it sounds like they only made it to get their games out on the Xbox and PlayStation , meaning that once again they are just cutting corners to try and make profit. Like left 4 Dead 2 literally the same game. Throw in a couple new maps and reskin the characters add some melee weapons and new zombies and there you have it, another 60 dollar game that they can sell.
And these mods they are buying from people and reselling. I dont want to play someone else's game I want a true valve game

Don't get me wrong I like what valve does in other areas like their good games and their anti cheat services. But really how long does it take to make another Half-life .

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

of course portal. what els? the rest of their games aint that good.

gabef
gabef
8 posts
Nomad

Not sure if understood joke but doesn't know how to add on to it

I did get it though.
Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

TEAM FORTRESS 2 Is my fave for reminding me how good fps are after black ops 1 ruin the fps gnere

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

I was going to say that this new counterstrike (CS:Go) was pretty awesome but it sounds like they only made it to get their games out on the Xbox and PlayStation , meaning that once again they are just cutting corners to try and make profit.

People get tired of playing a game with 2004 graphics after a while. It was about time they made the graphics better. Make some new maps, add a game mode, and that's a great game for 15 dollars. Considering the price that CoD DLC goes for, that's a great price.
GamerGuy75
GamerGuy75
16 posts
Nomad

Portal

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Portal 2, because it's Portal only with more Portal.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

People get tired of playing a game with 2004 graphics after a while. It was about time they made the graphics better. Make some new maps, add a game mode, and that's a great game for 15 dollars. Considering the price that CoD DLC goes for, that's a great price.

I agree, but they said the biggest reason was to get it out on consoles. They were going to have a cross platform play but they screwed up
arfmaster
arfmaster
138 posts
Nomad

Dota2

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Dota2
...hasn't even been released yet.
Showing 1-15 of 17