ForumsGamesGame of the Week

32 7344
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

It was agreed that this thread was to made here.

Basically, every week there will be two games that will be compared. Pretty much you guys, the epic AG users will discuss about the pros and cons of both games. Then vote for which one is better. First matchup is:

Kingdom Rush

vs

Gemcraft Labyrinth-1

I take Gemcraft. There are more levels, things to use, and less limitations. Kingdom Rush is also good, but it's short and the towers are based off of simple ideas.

• 32 Replies
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Kingdom Rush gets my vote. It's way, way, way easier to get into and it isn't filled with complicated procedures within each round. It's just good old tower defense and nothing more. That's all a tower defense game needs to be great, in my opinion, and apparently 97 out of 100 players feel the same way.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Quick thing..Vin, you are going to make sure throughout this that you keep the Games of similar stylizations, correct?

Anyways..I go for Kingdom Rush. Granted, I haven't played Gemcraft yet, but from what I've seen scourging around here..Gemcraft can get quite complicated..and for Flash Games, too much complications is just a turn off for me. I play Flash Games for that simple and small gaming experience..I save the complications for the larger games

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Quick thing..Vin, you are going to make sure throughout this that you keep the Games of similar stylizations, correct?

Sure, I'll try to but just keep in mind I'm not stupid enough to compare SFH with Kingdom Rush. I will ask maybe one or two people if a comparision would be good.
skunk940
skunk940
21 posts
Peasant

Kingdom Rush by far. I found it very easy to play and alot funner.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

Definitely Kingdom Rush. Gemcraft is way to complicated and complex.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I'll go with KR. The game has more mass appeal. The game also tends to eat up quite a few hours of my time whenever I pull it up.

mirko22
mirko22
5 posts
Shepherd

I pick Kingdom Rush.

Mysteriousabyss
Mysteriousabyss
44 posts
Nomad

I'm going for Gemcraft. kr is overrated imo

maxuna14
maxuna14
1 posts
Nomad

my vote for kingdom rush this is great game

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

is there a game of the week every week?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

vinster seems to have forgotten. I'll take it upon myself to post a new pair and recap the last match-up.

Winner: Kingdom Rush with a grand-spankin' seven votes!

Runner-up: Gemcraft Labyrinth with two votes.

Next match-up:

Thing-Thing Arena 3

Vs.

Raze 2

I'll vote for Thing-Thing Arena because, to me, the game has a bit more originality. Raze 2 felt like it was pushed too much to be a "good" game.

Shukelven
Shukelven
42 posts
Peasant

Both are really good games, but I'll vote for Raze in this one.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Both not rly whatg i prefer, but if i have to pick up one... ill go more on Thing Thing Arena 3

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

About 6 years ago, I spent every minute that I was on the internet for a month playing the Thing-Thing Arenas. That was huge for me, until I discovered Raze. I stuck with that one for such a long time that I got bored of Raze 2 very quickly, even though it was much better. I believe it took me about a week to get the &quotlay for 24 hours" achievement on Raze. I vote for Raze 2.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I just like Raze 2 a lot better-- the gameplay especially. Besides, I spent too much time trying to beat the last mission not to vote for it ;D

Showing 1-15 of 32