ForumsWEPRSnip Snip

15 6581
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I'm just curious about your opinions regarding late term, post- birth, and partial birth abortions as depicted in this article I recently found (dunno if it's actually true or not... considering all things on the internets are true I kinda believe it).

If it cries and then dies, then does that count as murder or at the very least a no no? Remember... we're not talking about an undifferentiated glob of cells here. More or less, we're talking about a full fledged ready to pop poop factory. We argue and argue and defend these innate human rights that we so adamantly believe in... but at what point in the human life cycle should we actually start acknowledging them?

• 15 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

After birth is at the very least a serious no-no. I would consider it murder, but I consider any form of abortion murder. Actually, after looking through the abortion thread it looks like the atheists might actually agree with me on this one. I'd say after birth is when everyone here agrees that the body is conscious.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Honestly, my first reflex was to think that it's made up, or maybe some sick prolife joke. But I may remember hearing about it, after all the article is from 2010, it's been a while.

Anyway, I'm all for the tried legislation we have here; abortion legal and a choice of the woman up to the 12th week, after that only for medical reasons (to avoid severe harm).
This snipping can be considered murder alright.

it looks like the atheists might actually agree with me on this one

You don't need to be atheist to be pro choice...
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

(dunno if it's actually true or not... considering all things on the internets are true I kinda believe it).

Fox News is reporting it right now, so it must be true.

12th week

The article said 24th, but whatev.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

You don't need to be atheist to be pro choice...

Twas a joke, sir HahiHa. Ironic sarcasm doesn't translate well in text.

But all kidding aside, you certainly can't be Jewish, Christian or Islamic to be pro-abortion. They all prize life regardless of the situation.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

But all kidding aside, you certainly can't be Jewish, Christian or Islamic to be pro-abortion.

You can be, but it's not popular. For example, some who believe God saves the innocent might be 'freeing souls' from the tragedy of life, and since they're able to do it, God obviously wills it.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

You can be, but it's not popular. For example, some who believe God saves the innocent might be 'freeing souls' from the tragedy of life, and since they're able to do it, God obviously wills it.

But that isn't following the belief that life is more precious than anything but God. I'd say that those "some" are misinterpreting the popular messages the holy books of the three religions teach.

By the way, what about Job? He's basically somewhere in the three religions: he's in the Old Testament for Jews and Christians, and he's somewhere in the Koran with a different name.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I think he said 12 bc that's where he draws the line or that's where the line is normally drawn.

Most of them tend to believe the whole thou shalt not kill and life is a gift thing as far as those faiths are concerned. Individuals either just don't care, ignore it, or their personal freedom to make their own decisions, whatever their reasons, is > than any other entity's wishes... Be they human or divine.

I know there are pro life atheists out there. It's not like it's unheard of.

sethth
sethth
40 posts
Shepherd

it's still is kinda gross hearing about stuff like smashing in skulls and weird pills and the like. it just seems like it goes over my head when it should be businesslike or a medical concern. anyone else wanna yell "voodoo" and run?

TerminatorXM214
TerminatorXM214
222 posts
Blacksmith

Another horror story regarding an already despicable practice.

It's murder, but half the world says it's okay.
Why?
Because it allows people to do what they want, and not have any consequences.

Before I go on, I just want to ask how you guys how you feel about a religious debate/conversation? Cause I find it hard to talk about something like abortion without bringing God into it.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

The main thread is here, in case someone's tired of repeating their arguments.

how you feel about a religious debate/conversation?

Sure, that's fine, as long as it keeps to the topic. But at least read Numbers 5 first, particularly 5:22.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

The article said 24th, but whatev.

Sorry, by "here" I meant here in my country.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

But all kidding aside, you certainly can't be Jewish, Christian or Islamic to be pro-abortion.

It's not pro-abortion, it's pro choice. Please try to differentiate between the two. Also yes there are Christians who are pro-choice. There are Jews who are pro-choice. To my knowledge I've never met any but I wouldn't at all be surprised to find Islamics who are pro-choice.

As for the situation we are dealing with two conscious entities at this point. As such, such a procedure should be saved in instances where one and/or both lives are at risk.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

It's not pro-abortion, it's pro choice.
Umm, could you explain the difference?

I don't know if this article is true, but given the fact that most view the media (and the internet) as a bunch of lies, I doubt it is.

~~~Darth Caedus
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Pro-abortion means it's forced, like a mandated "no-pregnancy" policy, like enforcing 1 less child than China's 1 child policy. Pro-choice means it's the potential mother's option to decide what happens.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

pro-abortion: being for abortion.
pro-choice: being for the right of an individual to choose to have an abortion or not if the so wish.

To demonstrate this contrast there was a teenager who was forced to have an abortion by her parents. If someone was pro-abortion they would be in favor of this action. Someone who was pro-choice would be against this action, as like denying the ability get an abortion, forcing someone takes away that persons choice as to whether or not they think they should get one.
Showing 1-15 of 15