Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Stressed

Posted Apr 12, '13 at 10:25pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

2,799 posts

I haven't gone to the office since Elementary school when they yelled at me for 'skipping' when I crawled under the fence at the end of the soccer field because I wanted to pick all the dandelions.
I blew the dandelions in the office. It wasn't a good idea.
And once they yelled at me because people on the bus were having a tickle fight, and the person next to me shouted really loudly "Tickle him in the balls!" They thought I said it and EVERYBODY believed I said it.
But that's just me though. I think you'll be fine, becaues really, you didn't do anything wrong. You touched an iPod. Just say you weren't playing on it, you were just holding onto it for him. [I have a skill for twisting situations :P

Posted Apr 13, '13 at 12:58am

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,608 posts

I think only students did. The teacher never actually saw it herself... So...

If the teacher never saw the ipod herself or handled it or anything, there's literally no proof that you even had an ipod, meaning you shouldn't get in the least bit punished for this.

And even if you did get caught holding an ipod there's nothing your parents could really blow up about here.

Posted Apr 13, '13 at 2:39am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,971 posts

there's literally no proof

Again, [In school,] the right to presumed innocence is suspended. The prosecution always has the advantage.
It's "guilty until proven innocent". If someone makes a complaint, the assumption is that it happened. It's considered evidence against you. In these cases, you need to actually prove your innocence.

Posted Apr 13, '13 at 9:22pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,851 posts

Knight

You do not know stress until four of your sergeants catch you using a phone after lights out in a barracks.

Honestly, just accept the grounding, don't argue back if you want the whole thing to clear up fast. Alternatively, just tell your side of your story, but there's nothing you can realistically do if your parents and teachers don't believe you.

On a side note, I don't actually see what's the big deal over having an Ipod during a music test.

Posted Apr 13, '13 at 9:33pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,971 posts

I don't actually see what's the big deal over having an Ipod during a music test.

Maybe there's a "no distractions" policy.

Posted Apr 14, '13 at 5:08am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

You do not know stress until four of your sergeants catch you using a phone after lights out in a barracks.

Singaporean national service? Because if so, then yes, if that happens, you're so screwed. I knew a guy who was in solitary confinement for two weeks. He turned to Jesus. Better than the guy my dad knew, who jumped off a tower.

Posted Apr 14, '13 at 9:07am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,851 posts

Knight

Singaporean national service? Because if so, then yes, if that happens, you're so screwed. I knew a guy who was in solitary confinement for two weeks. He turned to Jesus. Better than the guy my dad knew, who jumped off a tower.

Yeah, national service. I got off scott free after some quick talking and a luckily locked door. If not, I'd have been confined for a week at least.

Posted Apr 14, '13 at 10:48am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Good to see they're just as strict as ever. I was getting worried that since they created various other streams like the musicians and the admin stuff (really???) they were going soft.

There was the time I was accused of cheating by carrying a mobile device during a university exam (serious ramifications for this), but that was purely based on me singing in the toilet and a faulty signal detector LOL.

Posted Apr 14, '13 at 1:43pm

PurpleSquishy

PurpleSquishy

147 posts

you know you were wrong now you just have to go through the process of consequences. It is part of life.

Posted Apr 14, '13 at 4:38pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,549 posts

It's done.
I got a warning but that's all... I'll be grounded for a bit but my dad didn't care. Of course my mom kinda blew up though.

Reply to Stressed

You must be logged in to post a reply!