ForumsGamesPS3 Games Recommendations

17 5503
GamerGuy75
GamerGuy75
16 posts
Nomad

Hey fellow gamers!
I am kind of bored so want to know some fun PS3 games I should buy.

Thanks!

• 17 Replies
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

If you can buy games online, try medieval resurrection. I know it first came out on the PSP but it is a really fun game and a classic in my opinion. Also All Stars Battle Royale is a fun sony exclusive.

What kind of games do you like?

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

You have to be a little more specific. But I'll recommand some games.

FPS: Battlefield 3
Puzzle: Littlebigplanet
Racing: Burnout Paradise or Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Sports: NBA2K13 or FIFA 13
Action/Adventure: Rachet & Clank or Uncharted

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

If you don't have every one of the following games:

BioShock, God of War III, Skyrim, COD: Modern Warfare (the original), Portal 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, Journey, Assassin's Creed 2, Fallout 3, Batman: Arkham Asylum

Stop whatever you're doing and complete this list.

But there's no shortage of great or at least quite satisfying games of all genres for the PS3.

Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

I'm disappointed in the fact that no one has said InFAMOUS and Uncharted...

Those are arguable the two current staple series for Sony.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I'm disappointed in the fact that no one has said InFAMOUS and Uncharted...

Uh...

Action/Adventure: Rachet & Clank or Uncharted

Top 5 list

1. Metal gear solid (Buy the PS1 classic, then the HD collection and finally Guns of Patriots)

2. Uncharted ( If you want you can play them all, but I'd stick to the third one personally)

3. Grand Theft Auto or Sleeping dogs (Always need an open world game somewhere)

4. Bioshock (It's really hyped up but overall a good game)

5. Tomb Raider

Honourable mentions

1. The Walking Dead (Also hyped up but is interesting enough)

2. Journey (Amazing game. One of the best games I have played this year)

3. Fallout 3 or New Vegas (Fallout 3 is better in my opinion)

4. Batman Arkham city

5. LA Noire
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Infamous is a good game, the sequel is the truly great installment though. The Infamous and God of War series are pretty much my entire argument for getting the PS3 over the XBox.

Uncharted is an exclusive too, but I've just never been as taken to it as everyone seems to be. Yeah it's really cinematic and the environments are beautiful, but as a game it's really not reinventing the wheel or anything, and the plot is quite forgettable. At least Infamous evolved with the sequel, and God of War was so good to begin with it didn't need any major new ideas AND spawned a multitude of clones (I'm looking at you, Darksiders, Dante's Inferno, so on).

4. Batman Arkham city
I get that Arkham City is the sequel, but I'd argue the original is better.

4. Bioshock (It's really hyped up but overall a good game)
Hyped up? It's the best game in your entire list. BioShock is one of those few games you could distantly call art with a straight face.

1. The Walking Dead
I didn't mention it because I played it on the iPad (and you can totally do that without missing out on anything), but yeah, great recommendation.
arfmaster
arfmaster
138 posts
Nomad

Metal Gear Solid
BF3
NBA2k13

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Heavy Rain
Far Cry 3
Oblivion

I get that Arkham City is the sequel, but I'd argue the original is better.

I'd get both, but I prefer City. The larger area to free roam and side missions makes it better to me.
jared_07
jared_07
25 posts
Nomad

try ni no kuni

Outcast_Gamer117
Outcast_Gamer117
22 posts
Nomad

- Metal Gear Solid
- God of War
- Uncharted
- LittleBigPlanet
- inFAMOUS
- Gran Turismo 5

The list is endless really.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I was just coming in to say the Metal Gear Solid series is awesome. Play them in order though. Metal Gear Solid PS1 classic from store, HD collection for 2 and 3, play 4, then back to HD collection for Peace Walker.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

MGS is vastly overrated, if you ask me. Maybe once upon a time it was original and interesting in terms of game play, but it wasn't ever particularly well-written or clever, especially not nowadays. I just don't get why everyone cares about it so much.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

While I'll agree that MGS is a little overrated, I believe it delivers one satisfying feeling when you play all of the installments in order in a short period of time.

Shukelven
Shukelven
42 posts
Peasant

Bioshock trilogy.
Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
God of War III.
BO 1 and 2.
Crysis series of course, although I haven't played the 3rd one yet I highly recommend it.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

MGS is vastly overrated, if you ask me. Maybe once upon a time it was original and interesting in terms of game play, but it wasn't ever particularly well-written or clever, especially not nowadays. I just don't get why everyone cares about it so much.

Depends which game you are looking at. The first two games are absolutely amazing. I only played them a year ago and it was one of the best gaming experiences I have had in a while. However, 4 is debatable. I still think that the 4th game is great but if you're this heavily invested into a series the game becomes so much more interesting and if you don't take the time to get invested you are bound to have a worse time. MGS isn't for everybody. You have to be someone who prefers to watch rather than act.

I completely disagree with you about how it was written. I can't really argue about that because I feel it is too subjective and you haven't really said anything specific.
Showing 1-15 of 17