ForumsPopular MediaRules of a Horror Movie

28 3260
blk2860
blk2860
10,793 posts

I've recently seen the Rule of Armorgames, and I want to make a set of rules of what to do, and what not to do, if you wind up, in a real life horror movie. Not watching one, not if you're acting in one, but if real life ends up becoming a horror movie. Here's what you do, and what you don't. I want contributions, so give me suggestions whenever you want. Alright, here goes:

Rule 1: Never split up. No exceptions.
Rule 2: Showering, is a HORRIBLE idea.
Rule 3: If you think you're safe, you probably aren't.
Rule 4: Don't be a hero.
Rule 4-1: Be a Survivor.
Rule 5: Don't stay in secluded locations.
Rule 5-1: Especially not camps, cabins, or lakes.
Rule 6: If your friend acts strange, don't take chances.
Rule 7: I think your life is more important then an awesome story for the front page.
Rule 8: Never investigate Haunted houses or the like.
Rule 9: Don't go traveling when a mental patient escapes.
Rule 10: Do not, under any circumstances, accept gifts when you don't know who it's from.

• 28 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,367 posts

Are you talking about supernatural horror shows per se (Ju-On, The Ring, The Eye, etc), or zombie apocalypse/psycho killer-type/monster horror shows? Because many of such ''rules'' seem only applicable in the latter. Because almost none of the rules will ever help you if a vengeful spirit decides to eat you for breakfast.

blk2860
blk2860
10,793 posts

Any Horror, whatsoever. One rule may not apply to all of them. Only No exceptions rules, like number 1: Never Split up.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,367 posts

There's no running from a supernatural being, even in groups. Just look at the Ju-On series.

blk2860
blk2860
10,793 posts

You're still safer in a group, as they can, help if you're hurt, etc. etc.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,367 posts

Have you seen those shows I listed.....

blk2860
blk2860
10,793 posts

I've seen the Ring, a movie. The guy was alone when the chick came out of the TV. That just proves my point. She could teleport, but still...

blk2860
blk2860
10,793 posts

Oh, and by the way, this is why I ask people to contribute or revise rules.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,367 posts

It doesn't prove your point. A ghost pops out, what can a group do but run? It's not like the Ring's/Ju-On's ghost murders by stabbing you. They rip you apart, drag you away, hang you with their hair. For instance, the ghost in Ju-On 2 attacked her ex husband right on a public street.

As stated. many of your rules seemed aimed at horror survival based shows.

blk2860
blk2860
10,793 posts

If you're not going to contribute or change rules, please go away. Anyway, they still have to get in close contact with you. Oh, and by the way:

Rule 10: Do not, under any circumstances, accept gifts when you don't know who it's from.

Hmm... I seem to remember a certain VIDEO, from the Ring. It doesn't necessarily have to be a gift to have Rule 10 apply.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,456 posts

Rule 1: Never split up. No exceptions.

But it worked so well on Scooby-Doo.

Rule 4: Don't be a hero.

Unless you're certain that you're the main character. Or it's some ancient prophecy that doing so will reverse everything.

Rule 5: Don't stay in secluded locations.

Unless it's a zombie outbreak.

Rule 6: If your friend acts strange, don't take chances.

In a lot of horror movies, the 'normalest' ones tend to be the most screwed up.
And what are you gonna do? Some form of a witch trial, like shoot 'em and see if they turn into a demon and attack you? If you're wrong, you're down a man. If you're right, you've got a very angry, virtually immortal being next to you with no escape anyway.

Rule 7: I think your life is more important then an awesome story for the front page.

Should be part of #4.

Rule 11: The police are generally useless.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,277 posts

Rule whatever: Do not rip off Zombieland.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,456 posts

Unless it's a weapon or factory-sealed food or clean medical supplies or a vehicle (and I don't mean a ride).

Rule 12: Always carry a weapon from Clue.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,367 posts

If you're not going to contribute or change rules, please go away. Anyway, they still have to get in close contact with you. Oh, and by the way:

Unless you're only going to insist upon self-flattering positive contribution, and not criticism, which is in itself a contribution then make sure to state clearly in the OP, and by all means, carry on sticking your head in the ground like an ostrich.

Hmm... I seem to remember a certain VIDEO, from the Ring. It doesn't necessarily have to be a gift to have Rule 10 apply.

If memory serves well, the first person to die in the film, watched the video with her boyfriend. The tape is then watched by the victim's friends and relatives. Hardly accepting an object from a stranger then is it not?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,456 posts

A ghost pops out, what can a group do but run?

Is it any better to be running alone? When has splitting up yielded a noticeably lower risk to the individual, other than if they left the area before the whole thing started?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,367 posts

Is it any better to be running alone? When has splitting up yielded a noticeably lower risk to the individual, other than if they left the area before the whole thing started?

When has being in a group done any better? A whole operation room of medical staff were massacred by the vengeful ghost in Ju-On, a group of exorcists is still wiped out in The Unborn, or a family is almost killed in Mirrors until the central source of malevolence was destroyed miles away. You can run and hide from normal, physical foes, but to try and escape a supernatural being is futile.
Showing 1-15 of 28