Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Rules of a Horror Movie

Posted Apr 13, '13 at 8:52pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,412 posts

I've recently seen the Rule of Armorgames, and I want to make a set of rules of what to do, and what not to do, if you wind up, in a real life horror movie. Not watching one, not if you're acting in one, but if real life ends up becoming a horror movie. Here's what you do, and what you don't. I want contributions, so give me suggestions whenever you want. Alright, here goes:

Rule 1: Never split up. No exceptions.
Rule 2: Showering, is a HORRIBLE idea.
Rule 3: If you think you're safe, you probably aren't.
Rule 4: Don't be a hero.
  Rule 4-1: Be a Survivor.
Rule 5: Don't stay in secluded locations.
  Rule 5-1: Especially not camps, cabins, or lakes.
Rule 6: If your friend acts strange, don't take chances.
Rule 7: I think your life is more important then an awesome story for the front page.
Rule 8: Never investigate Haunted houses or the like.
Rule 9: Don't go traveling when a mental patient escapes.
Rule 10: Do not, under any circumstances, accept gifts when you don't know who it's from.

Posted Apr 13, '13 at 9:14pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

Are you talking about supernatural horror shows per se (Ju-On, The Ring, The Eye, etc), or zombie apocalypse/psycho killer-type/monster horror shows? Because many of such ''rules'' seem only applicable in the latter. Because almost none of the rules will ever help you if a vengeful spirit decides to eat you for breakfast.

Posted Apr 13, '13 at 9:27pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,412 posts

Any Horror, whatsoever. One rule may not apply to all of them. Only No exceptions rules, like number 1: Never Split up.

Posted Apr 13, '13 at 9:50pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

There's no running from a supernatural being, even in groups. Just look at the Ju-On series.

Posted Apr 13, '13 at 10:11pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,412 posts

You're still safer in a group, as they can, help if you're hurt, etc. etc.

Posted Apr 13, '13 at 10:30pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

Have you seen those shows I listed.....

Posted Apr 13, '13 at 11:24pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,412 posts

I've seen the Ring, a movie. The guy was alone when the chick came out of the TV. That just proves my point. She could teleport, but still...

Posted Apr 13, '13 at 11:25pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,412 posts

Oh, and by the way, this is why I ask people to contribute or revise rules.

Posted Apr 13, '13 at 11:29pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

It doesn't prove your point. A ghost pops out, what can a group do but run? It's not like the Ring's/Ju-On's ghost murders by stabbing you. They rip you apart, drag you away, hang you with their hair. For instance, the ghost in Ju-On 2 attacked her ex husband right on a public street.

As stated. many of your rules seemed aimed at horror survival based shows.

Posted Apr 13, '13 at 11:45pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,412 posts

If you're not going to contribute or change rules, please go away. Anyway, they still have to get in close contact with you. Oh, and by the way:

Rule 10: Do not, under any circumstances, accept gifts when you don't know who it's from.

Hmm... I seem to remember a certain VIDEO, from the Ring. It doesn't necessarily have to be a gift to have Rule 10 apply.

Reply to Rules of a Horror Movie

You must be logged in to post a reply!