Forums

ForumsFlash Games

Help finding a flash game, please!

Posted Apr 14, '13 at 3:05pm

doryfish

doryfish

3 posts

Hello all!  I've spent a while searching for a flash game that I'm fairly certain was on this site, and I'd love it if you could help me out a little!

The game, as I remember it, was a point and click escape-type game that also had a rich backstory that you discovered as you played.  It centred around this artificial intelligence (the name was four letters and showed up on screens in most of the rooms you explored; I think it may have been on the game's icon as well).  Its eventual purpose was to control defence systems, as it was supposed to be able to detect and evaluate threats.  It was being taught through emails with this one developer (through the course of the game, you read a lot of them), and I think it eventually became self-aware. 

The game is pretty surreal, and you are left unsure as to whether you were playing as a person exploring this complex or whether you were the AI itself.   No people are encountered throughout the entire game, and a lot of it had to  do with locks and interacting with computers.  Close to the beginning, I recall clicking on a cup of coffee and being told that it was still hot.  At the end, a door to the outside world opens, and a brightness envelops the screen.  I also remember the sound of waves, though I think that was only present at the menu.  The game's title was one word long, I believe.

If anyone recalls anything else about the game or knows where to locate it, some more information would be much appreciated!

Posted Apr 18, '13 at 4:40pm

Jblaze101

Jblaze101

461 posts

so you dont meet any living creatures in the game right?

Posted Apr 19, '13 at 5:51pm

doryfish

doryfish

3 posts

Nope!  It gives the game kind of a haunted feel, even though the environment is still in pretty good condition.

Posted Apr 20, '13 at 1:52pm

mervin252

mervin252

1 post

The Infinite Ocean

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 11:06am

doryfish

doryfish

3 posts

Wow, that's it!  Thank you so much!

Posted Apr 27, '13 at 2:35pm

warrior10ar

warrior10ar

1 post

Reply to Help finding a flash game, please!

You must be logged in to post a reply!