ForumsWEPRBoston Marathon Explosion

88 31247
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

A few hours ago, two explosions occured near the finish line. At least 2 are confirmed dead with dozens injured. The president has been notified. A nearby hotel has been evacuated. Businesses are closing. Stocks are falling due to fears. No one has claimed responsibility for this incident. More details to come.

• 88 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

One of many reports on the incident

I used that one because it talks a bit about the fact that many people had lost their limbs because of this..and I don't think it states in the report, but apparently the final mile of the run was in dedication to the children of Sandy Hook

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Pretty weird... I wonder if this has anything to do with this being tax day? Perhaps some nut that wants to get back at someone?

So many questions that will go without answers...

MrStealth
MrStealth
151 posts
Peasant

i just saw something about this. could this possible be the work of N.Korea. we will never know.

MrStealth
MrStealth
151 posts
Peasant

true very true. but there could be multiple reasons why someone did this

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

An approximate 86 injured, 2 dead.

Now it's 141 injured with 17 critical. 1 of the 2 dead has been confirmed to be an 8 year old boy.
MrStealth
MrStealth
151 posts
Peasant

man... the world is a messed up place

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Whoever did this is or are sick in their heads.
One has to be a major coward to attack innocent people like this.
I hope the weasel(s) responsible for this get caught.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Whoever did this is or are sick in their heads.
One has to be a major coward to attack innocent people like this.

We've had way too many casualties in the past few years. The Newton shooting, Aurora movie theater massacre, etc and now this. Could possibly the works of a mentally ill person. It seems to be that way every time.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

1 of the 2 dead has been confirmed to be an 8 year old boy.

Spare for Fox News..who says it is an 8-year-old girl...while at the same time focusing their attention on the incident on the fact that Obama didn't outright declare it a Terrorist Attack

could this possible be the work of N.Korea

Yeah probably not.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Could possibly the works of a mentally ill person. It seems to be that way every time.

Of course it was. The term is impossibly broad. Pretty much anything outside of conformity is classified as some form of an illness.

141 injured with 17 critical. 1 of the 2 dead

130 are currently hospitalized and a 3rd death has been confirmed.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

We've had way too many casualties in the past few years. The Newton shooting, Aurora movie theater massacre, etc and now this.

It's really not much more than before. National news has become localized. A decade or two ago, you likely wouldn't have even heard about Newton or Aurora due to communication limitations. Now, whenever anything happens anywhere, everyone can know about it within minutes.
LlordMaso
LlordMaso
38 posts
Nomad

I just hope that those who are injured will get well too T_T

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

A decade or two ago, you likely wouldn't have even heard about Newton or Aurora due to communication limitations.

Don't you mean, you wouldn't know it with such speed? Because I'm pretty sure we all have heard about say, the Unabomber.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Because I'm pretty sure we all have heard about say, the Unabomber.

The difference is that was rightly national news. He was committing federal crimes over multiple states. Someone shooting up a theater or school is a local incident. At the least, they wouldn't have gotten hours of airtime.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

The difference is that was rightly national news. He was committing federal crimes over multiple states. Someone shooting up a theater or school is a local incident. At the least, they wouldn't have gotten hours of airtime.

I don't actually comprehend how a bomb attack on this scale, or theater shooting is merely a piece of local news. The North Hollywood shootout, Columbine High Shooting were highly publicised, although the effects were arguably more local in nature than not. News certainly has became more diffused and rapidly updated, but large shootouts and the like have always been common news fodder.
Showing 1-15 of 88